Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:07 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,202,900 times

Advertisements

I have seen a lot of men remarking on this forum about how eternal bachelors are living the life of luxury and they envy them.

Just wondering if any married/ltr women feel the same way about eternally single women?

Do you envy them?

Do you pity them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 10:12 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,293,874 times
No, I don't envy them. I probably would not be able to handle dating. It's hard. There are a lot of wierdos in the world (or people who would think I'm wierd) and people with no morals or who are totally dishonest. But I see how it can be fun: no commitments, think of yourself first, etc. So no, I don't pity them either.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM

48,267 posts, read 34,383,908 times
Meh. I'll speak for both.

When I was married I never felt jealous or envious. Those are pretty strong words. Sure, there were things that I missed that they had - but such is life.

Now I'm single and there are things I miss about being married - but I'm not jealous or envious of my married friends.

There's always pros and cons to every situation. I think jealousy and envy come from wanting if ALL (my situation, her situation, that guys income, etc), and/or those who think the grass is always greener.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:44 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,916,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Meh. I'll speak for both.

When I was married I never felt jealous or envious. Those are pretty strong words. Sure, there were things that I missed that they had - but such is life.

Now I'm single and there are things I miss about being married - but I'm not jealous or envious of my married friends.

There's always pros and cons to every situation. I think jealousy and envy come from wanting if ALL (my situation, her situation, that guys income, etc), and/or those who think the grass is always greener.
That's exactly how I feel about it, too.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:27 AM

489 posts, read 1,320,242 times
No, I don't envy single ladies at all. Although I did enjoy some aspects of being single, I prefer my life now. I kissed a lot of toads before I met my hubby, and I would not want to do it all again. Hopefully I never have to, God willing.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 AM

3,428 posts, read 6,285,098 times
I am not a woman obviously but I guess, I could add to this discussion. I have a few friends who are married with children and they really jealous of my lifestyle.

I am 33, single, have no children, I travel almost every other weekend, one of my co workers was saying that I am "living the dream". On weekends, I wake up Saturday morning and I can jump in my truck and drive anywhere, or jump on a plane and go anywhere, whereas my married friends are always doing something around the house or some activity that includes children, all the time

One of my co-workers is married, has 3 children and his wife cheated on him recently, he is basically living a lie everyday, he is stuck with all his children, a cheating wife and he is always broke, I can totally understand why he wishes he was single, being married sucks!

Old 07-13-2010, 06:20 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,541,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Do you envy them?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Do you pity them?
Some of the "eternally single" women who are not single by choice, yes.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:41 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,499,295 times
I don't envy or pity them. To be honest I don't give it much thought at all.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:39 AM

35,910 posts, read 30,465,349 times
I've been attached and unattached and attached again and unattached. Im with the other female posters, I dont really give it much thought. There are pros and cons about every situation. So no envy or pity or jealousy.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:45 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,035,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I don't envy or pity them. To be honest I don't give it much thought at all.
OK?! They're not even on my radar!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships