Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 02:42 PM

586 posts, read 835,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I'm sorry that you feel so hopeless.

No one needs to martyr themselves for two decades "for the sake of the kids." And it's not necessarily better to keep children in a broken home, which is what you're already doing. There is no way you two are providing them an example of a loving environment when you feel the way you do.

I think you need to take some time to educate yourself about what it would take to end your marriage and live on your own. This link has information about a free seminar you can attend in your area that has experts to talk to women about what steps you should take if you are thinking about divorce. I have attended one of these and found it very helpful. They usually have an attorney to talk about legal and financial matters and even a psychologist to talk about emotional considerations. There is a tab where you can look for a seminar near you:

https://www.secondsaturday.com/

You also need to figure out your employment options so you can support yourself.

I know you have been miserable for a long time, but there is no reason to believe that your being in the same house with a man you can barely tolerate is a better setting for your kids to grow up in.
Its so hard. I wish i had finished school and landed a career where I can fully support myself and kids. If I take on the full time job, I'd have to get childcare and since we are married I'd have to discuss it with him abd its his kids too so he gets a say, you know what I mean? Even if I pay for it 100% he'd disagree saying my money is his money too and vice versa, its family money and at the end of the day theres no point in working full time, paying child care, and take home what im making now part time.

He's gotten so hostile and possesses a resting ***** face that i really dont enjoy being around him much less visiting family with him. They always ask me if he's mad about something. It sucks. Whenever he goes to work, the air just becomes so much lighter. I want a way out, i just dont know how or how to tell my kids. This morning he was sick and acted like he was dying i asked him if he could turn away from us when he coughs because i dont want myself or kids getting sick. He got mad at me and stormed out the room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2018, 03:39 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,158,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Its so hard. I wish i had finished school and landed a career where I can fully support myself and kids. If I take on the full time job, I'd have to get childcare and since we are married I'd have to discuss it with him abd its his kids too so he gets a say, you know what I mean? Even if I pay for it 100% he'd disagree saying my money is his money too and vice versa, its family money and at the end of the day theres no point in working full time, paying child care, and take home what im making now part time.
That all gets worked out with your divorce agreement and parenting plan. You are both legally bound to comply with it.

Is there a way you can go back to school now or look into completing a certification that would enable you to get a better job?

Old 11-28-2018, 03:15 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,369,447 times
Quote:
That all gets worked out with your divorce agreement and parenting plan. You are both legally bound to comply with it.

Is there a way you can go back to school now or look into completing a certification that would enable you to get a better job?
No problem at all. Just get divorced, have 3 kids to take care of, and start over with no money. BirdieBelle can send you $20 a month to help out.

OP -- get your head on straight -- there are things you can do to work on this marriage and change your situation first. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FINANCES TO GET DIVORCED. Not at this stage.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
No problem at all. Just get divorced, have 3 kids to take care of, and start over with no money. BirdieBelle can send you $20 a month to help out.

OP -- get your head on straight -- there are things you can do to work on this marriage and change your situation first. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FINANCES TO GET DIVORCED. Not at this stage.
It would be so much more humane if you would offer specific things she could do to make her situation better rather than checking in every week just to pile on.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:09 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,917,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post

She has no options.

Stay miserable married to Broke Man Grinch and produce dysfunctional kids.

Get divorced broke and homeless on the streets and produce dysfunctional kids.

I don't understand why people have 3 kids these days and the husband didn't become this way overnight. It's been 8 years. But it's already done. Women who don't believe in Abortion should practice abstinence. Now that child will suffer in a dysfunctional encounter either way and grow up to hate both parents. Just plain selfish.

Old 11-28-2018, 07:43 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,369,447 times
Quote:
It would be so much more humane if you would offer specific things she could do to make her situation better rather than checking in every week just to pile on.
My suggestion was that she have a sit down with hubby - no yelling and screaming, but an honest and well thought out discussion about some things that need to change. The OP was given some other good advice about trying to find some part time work, bettering her skills, and joining a group with other parents. All good ideas.

Old 11-28-2018, 08:55 AM

2,261 posts, read 1,145,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by conlainhothuong View Post
Our relationship is pretty much doomed. Two nights ago he wanted sex and i found all the ways i could to say no. Last time we had sex was 4 months ago and i had to force myself. Im not into it, since my second child which is about 5 years now. Last baby was a one time thing and we conceived him on the spot. I've even grown less attracted to him since i lost a lot of weight in the past 1.5 year, and the more I feel good about myself physically the more I grow apart from him.
Why do you have to FIND ways to say no to him with sex? Have you already explained to him why you dont feel attracted to him? If he is still trying for sex, it sounds like you havent. If that wasnt discussed Im sure there is tons of other things you havent discussed with him as well.

Old 11-28-2018, 09:37 AM

102,301 posts, read 108,429,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
This. I say stick with therapy and work out the logistics of saving up money and seeking employment.
The thing is, the OP doesn't even have to actively seek employment. Full-time employment offers have found her. Even her current employer has offered a full-time option.

OP, I don't understand your statement (your husband's statement), that your working full-time conflicts with his work schedule. You work from home, so I assume this would be full-time work from home, is that right? You're home all day, anyway, so how could earning money while staying at home conflict with anything your husband is doing?

Who marries a guy who waits tables, anyway? Why did your parents push you into marriage with this guy? What do your parents say now? Have you ever suggested going to marriage counseling together?

As I recall from your earlier thread about the restaurant issue, you were given some legal advice about how your husband could go about getting some of his money back. It had something to do with saving any documentation from his pay stubs, or whatever paperwork exists relating to his wages. Did anything come of that?

Old 11-28-2018, 10:25 AM

2,261 posts, read 1,145,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

Who marries a guy who waits tables, anyway? Why did your parents push you into marriage with this guy? What do your parents say now? Have you ever suggested going to marriage counseling together?
She did mention something about an "shady deal" gone bad and they lost all of their assets. Theres more to this than the OP is revealing.

Last edited by Harry Hemi; 11-28-2018 at 10:39 AM..

Old 11-28-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post

Theres more to this than the OP is revealing.
WAY more.

The usual "sit down and talk" platitudes won't apply here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships