Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 02:28 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Is this true?

If so, you may want to keep it on a friendship level.

If it's not true.....well, I'm not a fan of having to constantly reassure someone that they're worthy. That ish gets old.

I agree with this.

Personally, I think you should wait for him to contact you. He's got your number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 02:33 PM

163 posts, read 101,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levels77 View Post
Why are you moving out there?

A friend of mine moved across the country, changed jobs, for her new “bf” of a few months (though she said it was because she wanted to be in a new city). A couple months in to here living there they are no longer dating.

Your guy isn’t a stranger. You make it sound like he’s a good friend. You should be able to talk to him directly, over the phone, about his thoughts on being in a relationship with you. And the sooner the better.
I’m moving out there because I lived there for 11 years and miss it and don’t like where I currently live. I thought I needed a change but I miss my city. So no, of course I’m not moving for him. I wanted to move back for the last year now.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I agree with this.

Personally, I think you should wait for him to contact you. He's got your number.
You guys do all realize all these things were said like 2-3 years ago right? It doesn’t mean he feels that way now and from our last conversation he told me he is getting his life together and actually likes his job now and is no longer drinking and is continuing to work out. All his friends are now married and or in serious relationships. From what it sounded like he wants one too and was digging for more info from me

Old 11-12-2018, 02:36 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
Quote:
Is this true?
Does it matter? As long as HE believes this, it's a huge impediment.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Is this true?

If so, you may want to keep it on a friendship level.

If it's not true.....well, I'm not a fan of having to constantly reassure someone that they're worthy. That ish gets old.
ou guys do all realize all these things were said like 2-3 years ago right? It doesn’t mean he feels that way now and from our last conversation he told me he is getting his life together and actually likes his job now and is no longer drinking and is continuing to work out. All his friends are now married and or in serious relationships. From what it sounded like he wants one too and was digging for more info from me

Old 11-12-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Does it matter? As long as HE believes this, it's a huge impediment.
ou guys do all realize all these things were said like 2-3 years ago right? It doesn’t mean he feels that way now and from our last conversation he told me he is getting his life together and actually likes his job now and is no longer drinking and is continuing to work out. All his friends are now married and or in serious relationships. From what it sounded like he wants one too and was digging for more info from me

Old 11-12-2018, 02:49 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMelody2018 View Post
You guys do all realize all these things were said like 2-3 years ago right? It doesn’t mean he feels that way now and from our last conversation he told me he is getting his life together and actually likes his job now and is no longer drinking and is continuing to work out. All his friends are now married and or in serious relationships. From what it sounded like he wants one too and was digging for more info from me

OK. I might've missed that part...but I still think you should wait for him to contact you.

The way I see it...YOU want to know that he wants you. What happens if you contact him first? I have no doubt he'll be glad to hear from you. Sincerely. But you want more than just hooking up. You want to know he'd make a bit of an effort...right? You want to know you're worth pursuing...correct? That he missed you, that he's been longing for you.

He knows you'll be back in a couple of months. Let him reach out to you.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:02 PM

553 posts, read 302,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
OK. I might've missed that part...but I still think you should wait for him to contact you.

The way I see it...YOU want to know that he wants you. What happens if you contact him first? I have no doubt he'll be glad to hear from you. Sincerely. But you want more than just hooking up. You want to know he'd make a bit of an effort...right? You want to know you're worth pursuing...correct? That he missed you, that he's been longing for you.
I agree with this. No we didn’t know at first that the conversation was 2 yrs ago. I do find it very odd that a man who has had no problem being straightforward and direct with you in the past, would now be shy about telling you if he wanted a relationship. More over the fact that you two both sexted and he didn’t tell you that he wants it to become more serious tells me he doesn’t see it evolving into something more.

Of course this is conjecture and I could be wrong. Which is why I agree with the above poster: it seems YOU are the one who wants to know if he wants you. What is stopping you from asking? I think it would eat me alive to sit and wait 2 months until I see him in person again to ask. You said yourself you get anxious. Why sit there with all that anxiety? I would ask him, on the phone. I would call him up, tell him you’ve been thinking about him a lot since you last saw him, and want to know if he still feels like how he felt 2 yrs ago about relationships, or if he’s changed. You can start there. And depending on what he says you can tell him that you felt like you two had a lot of chemistry when you saw him, does he want to be in a relationship with you?

I wouldn’t suggest such directness to everyone. But this guy you’ve been friends with for years. I think he’ll be honest with you and not try to take advantage of your vulnerablility.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:08 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
OP, you said that right as it was "on the verge of becoming a relationship," you had to move.

He knew you would be moving, right? How did you know it was on the verge of being a relationship? Did he say anything back then to indicate that he was thinking that?

And why, when you had been so close, did y'all not speak for a year?

Old 11-12-2018, 03:37 PM

553 posts, read 302,490 times
OP after rereading your initial post I see you two are already in a FWB situation. I missed at first since a lot of your post was about the conversation you two had.

I really hope things work out how you want but this guy sounds like he really wants sex. He tells you he can give you 10 orgasms but he doesn’t tell you that he likes you a lot and wants to be with you.

I think the sooner you know the truth about this the better you will feel. You don’t have to call him up out of the blue to ask. But if he initiates a sext again, that would be the perfect opportunity to call him and have the discussion I mentioned before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships