Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 07:45 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCL111 View Post
OP there are a few options -

1. Continue to live this way and be miserable. Always wonder if he is pining for her.

2. Confront this head on - tell him you are not willing to be 2nd best and if he needs time to figure it out then by all means he should take it. Make sure he understands that you may not be there once he does figure it out.

It is time to confront this since this is still bothering you after seven months. Figure this out before any more time passes. This is a tough situation and I wish the best for you.

I agree on confronting him but not from anger. Tell him how concerned you are...he might be unaware how this affects you.

And he also might realize it's unfair to you if he keeps this up...

The truth is you want to protect yourself at all costs, no one else is going to...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 07:49 AM

503 posts, read 772,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I agree on confronting him but not from anger. Tell him how concerned you are...he might be unaware how this affects you.

And he also might realize it's unfair to you if he keeps this up...

The truth is you want to protect yourself at all costs, no one else is going to...
Good call - yes, not angry - just matter of fact. Sometimes my bluntness can come off unfeeling.

Old 11-29-2018, 11:58 AM

147 posts, read 79,204 times
You’re all right! I agree with every thing you said.

If I do tell him it upsets me, do you think that will help him get over her? Or will her issue always be a thing?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:02 PM

587 posts, read 423,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramelBeach View Post

If I do tell him it upsets me, do you think that will help him get over her? Or will her issue always be a thing?
That may make him more conscious of his behavior around YOU, but you can't truly change the way he feels and thinks about her

As long as you are with him, you will have this insecurity lingering on...does his ex live nearby, that it is possible for them to re-connect?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

If I do tell him it upsets me, do you think that will help him get over her?
No. You are not part of his issue with her. If he actually cared that it upsets you, he would stop on his own. The fact that he is sneaky about it proves that he's gonna want her no matter what..

Quote:
Or will her issue always be a thing?
At least for the forseeable future, yes.

Old 11-29-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krosser100 View Post
That may make him more conscious of his behavior around YOU, but you can't truly change the way he feels and thinks about her

As long as you are with him, you will have this insecurity lingering on...does his ex live nearby, that it is possible for them to re-connect?
No, she doesn’t live close thankfully, otherwise I don’t doubt something could happen. He actually refuses to go to the area she lives, but maybe that’s not a good thing, maybe he doesn’t think he can resist the urge to see her?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
No. You are not part of his issue with her. If he actually cared that it upsets you, he would stop on his own. The fact that he is sneaky about it proves that he's gonna want her no matter what..

At least for the forseeable future, yes.
That’s hard to accept, like since things were going so well with him. I thought for sure now that he’s entirely with me that there’s no way he’d even still think of her.

Does that mean that he doesn’t love me?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

Does that mean that he doesn’t love me?
Why do you keep asking us questions that only he can answer?

Old 11-29-2018, 12:58 PM

2,066 posts, read 901,317 times
You BF probably posted a pic and some time later, she "liked" it (innocently).
For him, it was like an addict getting a hit of crack cocaine.

If you confront him about his cellphone habits of late, he will become even
sneakier and more secretive. And you will lose sleep as you'll be attuned to
waking up every time he slides out of bed in the wee hours of the night.

Old 11-29-2018, 01:01 PM

3,501 posts, read 6,167,647 times
CB, here is the bottom line. We all believe your man doesn't love you. He loves her. The only question is, are you prepared to live with him, knowing that? If you can live with being his backup plan, carry on. If you can find the self respect to leave him, go find someone who does actually love YOU. Who wants you as their first choice, not sloppy seconds. Otherwise, it's going to be years of the same old same old. You posting about how he started following her again, and all of us telling you he wants HER. Ad infinitum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships