Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 01:05 PM

31 posts, read 11,730 times

Advertisements

Hey all sorry if this is long. Ive being with my gf for 5 months. She basically left her bf of one year for me. We had become good friends and she felt taken for grated with him.

She said she wanted to move slow and see what happens.

So i guess ive been burnt in the past so an oportunity arose to snoop on her messages. Not something im proud of but i knew her ex had messaged her a few times in the weeks after the broke up.

So i found out he messaged her 2 months ago asking if shed work things out. Her reply was "not right now". Now he knows she is with me. But he asked her if we were in a relationship and she said no were were not even though we are as far as im concerned.

She also told him she still had feelings for him and if she "figured out" what she wanted she would tell him but it would be up to him if he wanted her back.

She adamantly denied to him that we are in a relationship.

Tbf she did not initiate the contact and that was the last time he messaged her 2 months ago. But it looks like she is trying to keep that option open with him.

On top of this there is no evidence of our relationship on social media and they are still facebook friends. I changed my fb to say "in a relationship" but not specifically with her. I said id done this and she reluctantly agreed but hid it so only she could see it.

So its kind of got me wondering if she is keeping us low key to keep her options open with him?

Everything seems good between us though. We spend a lot of time together and she seems really interested in me. I wish i hadnt snooped on her messages but after reading them i realised the hidden fb status could be part of the bigger picture. She simply told me when she hid it that she did not want to hurt her ex.

So i guess the question is do i stay and see if this works out or not. Everything seems good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 01:12 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap135 View Post
Hey all sorry if this is long. Ive being with my gf for 5 months. She basically left her bf of one year for me. We had become good friends and she felt taken for grated with him.

So i guess ive been burnt in the past so an oportunity arose to snoop on her messages. Not something im proud of but i knew her ex had messaged her a few times in the weeks after the broke up.

So i found out he messaged her 2 months ago asking if shed work things out. Her reply was "not right now". Now he knows she is with me. But he asked her if we were in a relationship and she said no were were not even though we are as far as im concerned.

She also told him she still had feelings for him and if she "figured out" what she wanted she would tell him but it would be up to him if he wanted her back.

Tbf she did not initiate the contact and that was the last time he messaged her 2 months ago. But it looks like she is trying to keep that option open with him.

On top of this there is no evidence of our relationship on social media and they are still facebook friends. I changed my fb to say "in a relationship" but not specifically with her. I said id done this and she reluctantly agreed but hid it so only she could see it.

So its kind of got me wondering if she is keeping us low key to keep her options open with him?

Everything seems good between us though. We spend a lot of time together and she seems really interested in me. I wish i hadnt snooped on her messages but after reading them i realised the hidden fb status could be part of the bigger picture. She simply told me when she hid it that she did not want to hurt her ex.

So i guess the question is do i stay and see if this works out or not. Everything seems good.
So you have the truth you thought you knew, and the truth you found out about when you snooped.

You're the only one who can decide this. Everything seems good, yet you have mentioned times when you felt disrespected by her. Do you FEEL like you're a placeholder?

It doesn't sound like y'all started out on the best terms anyway. I would rethink things if I were you.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:28 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,368 times
Quote:

Dump her. She has no respect for you.

Old 11-02-2018, 02:15 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,134,269 times
Anybody who snoops their lover's phone is nobody I would want to be in a relationship with.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:22 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,984,194 times
Apparently you're not even in a relationship so there is nothing to leave.

Old 11-03-2018, 02:39 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,017,680 times
Generally, if you have to ask the question then the relationship should indeed end.

Old 11-03-2018, 04:54 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,084,603 times
So, what kind of relationship are you in?

You have been dating for 5 months and this contact was from 2 months ago, when you had been dating for 3 months. Unless there had been verbal communication that you wanted to be exclusive and she verbally agreed (like going steady, engaged, or whatever) then you guys are just dating and she can communicate with anyone she wants, and leave whatever doors open that she wishes to leave open.

Sometimes a girl will do this just so she doesn't have to go off on her ex like some psycho-commando which she hasn't got any reason to do if you haven't made anything between you official yet.

In the immortal words of Beyoncé - 'if you liked it then you should of put a ring on it!"

Old 11-03-2018, 05:01 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,725,991 times
All on you.

Old 11-03-2018, 05:26 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,462,559 times
So, you can’t confess you’ve been snooping...

Maybe she’s feeling more invested in you than him now. You haven’t been dating long enough to decide things for the long term. However, you can inquire where she sees it going.

Old 11-04-2018, 05:35 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,355,682 times
Quote:

Read your first paragraph. The answer to your question is a very obvious YES! She's not only keeping her options open with him, but keeping her options open for anyone else. She left a year long BF for you. She'll leave you if she thinks there is a better option.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships