Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 05:41 PM

41 posts, read 23,002 times

Advertisements

Hi.

Sitting at home just freaking tragicaly feeling sorry for myself. Pathetic.

I am 27 years old guy, never had a truly serious long term relationship. Friends/family mocking me for this as well.

I got so extremely heartbroken at 17 by a girl who rejected me that I had problems getting ovet this. Had msny short term flings till I was 26. Then I met what I though was the perfect woman, things went great for 3 months, then straight to hell. I deleted all her contactinfo. (3 months ago) I have been going a bit rouge after this with lots of partying etc but we accidentally met up 3 weeks ago at a newyearsparty. She said she was now seeing some guy, but somehow she was added on my snapchat again.

I started seing this new girl who I really did not care too much for but anyway she blew me off on yesterday as well

I am sitting alone on this saturday just feeling deflated and to top it off this previous girl(froø.tjree months ago) just posted a mystory of herself making out with her new guy.

I just realised that love is not for me. I just dont ****ing understand why I keep screwing things up.
I guess I should just give up and go live in a cave somewhere. I am so extremely tired of getting my heart broken every single time. Soon there is no more heart to break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 06:09 PM

6,446 posts, read 9,803,501 times
Sounds like you need to mature a little more.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM

2,483 posts, read 2,473,000 times
You might want to take a break from social media.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post

Could be.
Still I have been more mature than most friends at my age all my life.

This is maybe more a frustrated thread. Its not f-ing easy to feel rejected and abandomed all your life.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:29 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,631,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norken View Post
Could be.
Still I have been more mature than most friends at my age all my life.

This is maybe more a frustrated thread. Its not f-ing easy to feel rejected and abandomed all your life.
True, no one likes rejection. What you wrote sounds as though you get emotionally invested early. As in, way too early.

Will you please clarify, the girl who broke your heart when you were 17 by rejecting you, what does that mean, specifically? Did she reject a first date?

Old 01-26-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
True, no one likes rejection. What you wrote sounds as though you get emotionally invested early. As in, way too early.

Will you please clarify, the girl who broke your heart when you were 17 by rejecting you, what does that mean, specifically? Did she reject a first date?

Yeah I know.. I try not to get emotionally invested. And with this last girl I had a "take it or leave it" attitide in my head. But leading up to our next date ( which was supposed to be yesterday) she blew me off with a BS excuse and not heard from her since. And as well seeing these pics tonight of the girl before her made my guts turn inside out.

But no this girl when I was 17, we was hookin up for maybe 4 months. I thought ofc at 17 that this was the girl of my dreams cause no-one had ever given me this kinda attention before and I got extremely invested in her. ( I can see now all the needy, stupid, beta behaviour I was doing ofc)

She was dating multiple guys and she chose some.other guy over me and when she broke me I actually feel I never healed properly.

Old 01-26-2019, 06:48 PM

What ****in hurts me is that this girl who snapchated herself with her probably new boyfriend was always saying she was not ready for relationship etc when we were dating (even though I never talked about this) and I constantly said its better that we just take a day at the time.

I now kinda feel that I was just a rebound cause she was 4 months out of a relationship with this emotionally abusive guy.. and now suddenly shes head over heels with this guy ( who I actually know from prev. Workrelations)

But this just make me feel even worse that I am not.good enough or not attractive enough..

Old 01-26-2019, 07:07 PM

553 posts, read 302,108 times
I will give you 2 practical pieces of advice.

1. Get off of social media
2. Go exercise

I swear if you do these two things, you will feel 1000x better.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:08 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Sorry you're so frustrated and hurt.

The choice is yours. Live your life, the way you want.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:08 PM

6,849 posts, read 4,847,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
^^^this.

It is also not normal to be still be broken hearted over what happened when you were 17. Maybe you should book an appointment with a psychologist.

You didn't care much for the last girl you were dating. Maybe it was more obvious than you thought and she figured she didn't want to waste her time. As you didn't care about her one way or another you didn't lose a thing. Don't whine about that one.

At your age a lot of partying is not an attractive quality. Men that focus on their jobs are more attractive. Unless you want a party girl, in which case they will be here today and gone tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships