Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 11:49 AM

115 posts, read 63,810 times

Advertisements

Soooooo, I met this guy from online dating in real life. The last day of 2018 we met for breakfast at 11am. Right away he told me I was cute and normal and shy. Then he suggested extending our date, and since there was nothing around, we went for drinks around noon. It went really well, we kissed in the bar, and then when he dropped me off at my car, we made out more. He said he would like to see me again, and even after midnight would be cool to meet again (I thought this was too soon but I liked him so).

He was at his parents house, I had dinner with my friends. In meantime, he texted me how he cant stop thinking about kissing me.
Around midnight, he text and ask to meet at one of the bars close to my house. I agreed. when the bar closed at 2am, he asked if he could come over to my place or i could go over to his. I refused and he found another bar to extend hanging out. He said that he never clicked THIS much with someone, and if I felt the same way. When I bluntly asked what, he jokingly said, ok i guess I am the only romantic one her.
When we left the second bar, he dropped me off at my house, we made out again. He took off my bra, an started unzipping his pants. That is when I stopped and told him that he was pressuring me. He said he was sorry, and that it is not about sex only, and that he would like to see me multiple times.
I got into the house and he told me to text him when I go to bed. I said I am in bed already, he replied ok, i am almost home, good night. I didnt see the last text and never replied.
This morning he texted gm. I replied but didn't feel like talking to hm and it just died.

my question is: does he only want sex (hence saying all the right things, seeing me twice in a day, etc).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2019, 12:07 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,212,107 times
yes, sounds like he just horney

Old 01-01-2019, 12:17 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
If he ghosts on you you will have your answer.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If he ghosts on you you will have your answer.

Should I just text him, explaining how i feel and that what happened last night really bothers me. Kinda say goodbye and see what he has to say.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:26 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missseptember View Post
Should I just text him, explaining how i feel and that what happened last night really bothers me. Kinda say goodbye and see what he has to say.
If he was pressuring you, you shouldn't have met him at a bar at midnight.

He obviously wanted sex, but it sounds like you were kinda stand-offish, not really flirting back and not replying to his text today.

Just speak your mind (nicely) and say, "I had fun with you but would like us to pace ourselves a little and go out again later this week." Don't say it bothered you. You played your part as well. Just be kind and honest.

If he ghosts you, then yes, it was only about sex.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
If he was pressuring you, you shouldn't have met him at a bar at midnight.

He obviously wanted sex, but you were kinda rude too, not really flirting back and not replying to his text today.

Just speak your mind (nicely) and say, "I had fun with you but would like us to pace ourselves a little and go out again later this week." Don't say it bothered you. You played your part as well. Just be kind and honest.

If he ghosts you, then yes, it was only about sex.
He actually already asked me last night when he can see me next, so it won't be a problem. But it doesnt mean, sex is not his main and only goal.
I left out lots of details, but I was flirting and kissing him throughout the night. He thanked me few times for coming out to meet him and even said he feels bad i left my friends (but I didnt want to go party at the club, so it didnt matter).

And i did say good morning this morning but didn't feel like chatting more. I also apologized about not seeing his last text last night and he said np.
I just feel empty.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:34 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,001,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missseptember View Post

I just feel empty.
That probably doesn't have anything to do with him, though.

Y'all just met. Give it time. At this stage, you just have to trust the other person. It's risky, and maybe that risk, which is scary, is what's making you feel bad. Sure, there's a chance he will say all the "right" things and still disappear.

It's an age-old worry. The Shirelles sang a hit song about it in 1960. "Will you Still Love me Tomorrow?"

Just be normal and if you have concerns, bring them up and see how he handles it. Trust your gut.

Old 01-01-2019, 12:56 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
You feeling empty sorta says a few things. You need to pace yourself with men. If all you did was a little light fooling around it shouldn't have this much power over your emotional state. Some people need to have a certain amount of connection to be more intimate, shall we say. Nothing wrong with that.

Honor thyself, wise words from way back.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:00 PM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,988 times
Way too fast for everything that's going on.

Idk if he cares only about sex but sounds really desperate.

Old 01-01-2019, 01:26 PM

23,175 posts, read 26,221,439 times
Am I so friggen old that I wonder if a man is interested in sex when you've made out with him, invited him to your house and then let him partially disrobe you but then said "Stop"?
What the hell else do you think he figures you might offer him the next time.....a cup of tea with your mom and sisters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships