Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 02:42 PM

17 posts, read 35,288 times

Advertisements

I posted a prior thread about a guy who has a girlfriend but has been cheating with a booty call. This includes them meaning the booty call having unprotected sex. The booty call initially thought she was in serious and monogamous relationship with the guy. The girl that is the booty call the guy lied to about wanting a serious relationship. He initiated the relationship with the now booty call but in the beginning he was definitely calling her telling her he wanted marriage, kids, etc. However, as things progressed it was clear he just wanted sex. The now booty call did at first break things off but the guy keeps pursuing her for sex despite having another girlfriend. Now this is a friend of mine and I've encouraged her to just end things but she seems still emotionally tied to the lies the guy told her in the beginning. So, she's been lingering a bit with the guy despite her finding out he has a girlfriend. Yes, I know not morally just and kind of dumb but I think she is close to ending things with the guy for good.

I know this might be a simple question but it made me wonder. Do all guys who cheat get caught? I wonder if the guy's girlfriend will ever find out about his behavior or will he get away with this conduct forever? My friend only caught him by chance otherwise she still would not know either.

My next question is do guys with girlfriends cheat with multiple women at a time? This may be the case for this guy I don't know. And, why does he keep pursing my friend if all he wants her for is a booty call when he can easily get other women and has a girlfriend? I understand my friend needs to say no and protect her body but he's very diligent about keeping her around. Again, why if he has options? Aren't booty calls replaceable? My friend also recently learned from someone the guy has a history of stds (plural) from another source but never told her...so I think this has helped her to wise up and move towards ending things with this guy.

This situation is just interesting to me so I am posting to get others thoughts. Sorry for the multiple questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2019, 03:01 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times
IMO, I think most people DO get caught. Most people aren't capable of being so smooth about lying. They act different toward their girlfriends/boyfriends/mates, etc.

But that said, there are plenty of people who very slick and smooth about their lying and cheating ways...because they don't feel guilt about it.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:24 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
im over 50 and never cheated

you wake up with yourself everyday and have to look in the mirror...….and I never wanted on my conscience.. and karma has a way to come back twice as much

im sure many haven't been caught and it doesn't happen again.....but usually people are creatures of habit... and eventually you will be caught

if a lady stays with a known cheater....why accept it??

Old 02-06-2019, 03:25 PM

151 posts, read 90,564 times
I can only speak from my experience with cheaters.

All cheaters do not get caught. Some do, some don’t. Some cheat with multiple women, some cheat with one woman.

Some cheaters can get attached to the other woman. Especially if they have history. That’s why they pursue one. Other reasons: likes sex with specific woman, doesn’t want to put forth effort to get someone else, thinks he has specific woman wrapped around his pinky.

Old 02-06-2019, 03:45 PM

Should I anonymously tell the girlfriend about the guy's cheating or just let nature take its course?

Old 02-06-2019, 04:01 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
No, some surveys of men (and women) who've had or are having an affair, have shown that about 80% of men get away with it. However, more than 90% of women get away with cheating. Men are twice as likely to get caught as women (which isn't saying much) - women are more observant, and perhaps better liars, too!

So, most do NOT get caught.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:08 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,441,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie885 View Post
Should I anonymously tell the girlfriend about the guy's cheating or just let nature take its course?
Nature is a good thing. That being said, encourage your friend to buy some condoms and insist he use them. That’ll probably help nature along.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:11 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,640,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie885 View Post
I wouldn't. I know people who would, but I wouldn't.

I avoid getting mixed up in drama, when I can help it. I grew up back East where you learn to mind your business or you get shot. And I am well versed in the phrase, "Not my circus; not my monkeys."

But if you are friends with the side chick, as a friend, I would most certainly drive her to the nearest clinic where she can get a full STI panel done. She needs to get checked out, STAT.

Also, stop looking at this situation like, "But I thought that everyone who does X feels Y...?" People aren't the same and have different motivations and feelings and stuff. He does whatever he does for whatever reasons he does it. Maybe he feels this, maybe he feels that, you don't know and it doesn't matter. The guy does not behave in ethical or responsible ways. Period. Full stop. It's that easy. Some folks don't, and they are best avoided. No psychoanalysis required.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:33 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,961,779 times
"Do all guys who cheat get caught?"
no. all girls do not, either.
it takes 3 to cheat.
cheater, cheatress, and cheated.

Old 02-06-2019, 04:41 PM

I realize studying this guys behavior is probably useless. But still interesting to me. Like why would he keep up with unprotected sex knowing he's gotten burned several times before...I think he's stupid and gross. He couldn't possibly care for his girlfriend with this behavior or my friend. And he's not a little boy either, he's 38 years old. I'll be glad when my friend moves on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships