Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 08:31 AM

242 posts, read 262,920 times

Advertisements

I can't really call him an ex, as we dated only 3 months three years ago, so it was not an important relationship to me. I am in a stable relationship now, happy, very happy. So this ex messages me on Facebook about a week ago. Bit of a backstory: he left me very coldly for a woman he never even met that he met on Instagram. She is a model or was. I knew it was a mistake, I told him that this was not love it was infatuation. He didn't listen to me. He lived with her almost 2 years, but she was controlling, domineering, and possessive (he told me this when we were chatting). Honestly, I did gloat . He claims I am his soulmate. He wishes to meet me. But what is the point? What bothers me is that he doesn't seem to care if I am in a relationship. I don't trust him one bit. I don't want to be mean to him, but now I think being mean may knock some sense into him.

At times I fantasize telling him 'look, you missed your chance! You left me coldly for someone you never met. I am happy with my partner and I would never return to you even if you were the last man on earth.' Okay, but I don't want to say that. I think I should just ignore him and never reply to him again. Does he have a big view of himself? I mean, wouldn't you be embarrassed to show your face or message someone you hurt? Has this ever happened to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 08:50 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,599 times
i would just ignore him; block him on facbook

Old 03-02-2019, 08:57 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,345,504 times
Well, he’s got you thinking about your current relationship ��.......

Old 03-02-2019, 08:59 AM

293 posts, read 121,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
I mean, wouldn't you be embarrassed to show your face or message someone you hurt? Has this ever happened to you?
People change
Realize they made mistakes

They also cling to the past instead of moving on

None of us could possibly say what is going on with this dude

Quote:
'I am happy with my partner'
This is all you need to say

Old 03-02-2019, 09:11 AM

I do believe people change. I've seen it many times.
I just feel indifferent towards him. There is no resentment, bitterness, nothing!

Old 03-02-2019, 09:13 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
You feel indifference for him, yet you're making a thread about it and gloated when he came "running back" to you?

Old 03-02-2019, 09:31 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,195,836 times
You write....."it was not an important relationship to me."

And then go on and on and on about I felt this, I felt that, etc. You are in one big swivet about this guy for someone "in a stable relationship now, happy, very happy."

Old 03-02-2019, 10:03 AM

When I said I am indifferent I mean I have no love feelings, nothing. I am not interested.
You guys sure are judgmental.

Old 03-02-2019, 10:32 AM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
I can't really call him an ex, as we dated only 3 months three years ago, so it was not an important relationship to me. I am in a stable relationship now, happy, very happy. So this ex messages me on Facebook about a week ago. Bit of a backstory: he left me very coldly for a woman he never even met that he met on Instagram. She is a model or was. I knew it was a mistake, I told him that this was not love it was infatuation. He didn't listen to me. He lived with her almost 2 years, but she was controlling, domineering, and possessive (he told me this when we were chatting). Honestly, I did gloat . He claims I am his soulmate. He wishes to meet me. But what is the point? What bothers me is that he doesn't seem to care if I am in a relationship. I don't trust him one bit. I don't want to be mean to him, but now I think being mean may knock some sense into him.

At times I fantasize telling him 'look, you missed your chance! You left me coldly for someone you never met. I am happy with my partner and I would never return to you even if you were the last man on earth.' Okay, but I don't want to say that. I think I should just ignore him and never reply to him again. Does he have a big view of himself? I mean, wouldn't you be embarrassed to show your face or message someone you hurt? Has this ever happened to you?
Oh yes it has. I hate that. They do something cruel to you, get what is coming to them, then want you to feel sorry for them. That is all it is. He was punched down and now feels defeated and looking for an ego boost by getting you to be interested again. He doesn't give one hoot about you, this is his ego talking. He's poison. Ignore.

Old 03-02-2019, 12:14 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
They say happiness is the best revenge. Tell him you're happy with your current partner and wish him well. The End.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships