Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:15 PM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times

Advertisements

Just tell her not to contact you again until the baby is born and you can get a DNA test and proceed from there. I wouldnt play any of the games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 12:27 PM

52 posts, read 29,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Just tell her not to contact you again until the baby is born and you can get a DNA test and proceed from there. I wouldnt play any of the games.
so you think its games? i guess the downside is if its actually my kid and she has to go thru pregnancy alone. Id feel like a scumbag after

Old 03-07-2019, 12:50 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,028,651 times
This happened to a friend of mine. We always told him to refuse to sign anything till the DNA test was done. But he was stupid. When he finally broke up and divorced her he had 4 kids to support. The first weekend he had custody he did the DNA tests and found out 3 of the kids were not his. Too late. He had accepted paternity and he will be poorer than dirt while his cheating EX laughs all the way to the bank.

Laws in every state are a bit different. You need to see a lawyer and get expert advice. In most states if you sign the paperwork you are on the hook, even if the kid is not yours. Insist on a DNA/paternity test. Even if you stay together, get the kid tested. If you were to break up in the future you don't want to have to pay for someone else's child. Even if you love her and the kid, you need to protect yourself. If she can't accept that, she can leave you!

Always keep in mind family law will be about protecting and providing for the child. They do not care about you at all! You have to advocate for yourself.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:01 PM

21,922 posts, read 9,491,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch100000 View Post
so you think its games? i guess the downside is if its actually my kid and she has to go thru pregnancy alone. Id feel like a scumbag after
Why would she? Tell her you want to go to the next u/s with and and call her on the paternity test bluff. Don't just sit around waiting. Find out if you can get one somewhere cheaper. CALL HER BLUFF.

Old 03-07-2019, 02:17 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Why would she? Tell her you want to go to the next u/s with and and call her on the paternity test bluff. Don't just sit around waiting. Find out if you can get one somewhere cheaper. CALL HER BLUFF.
paternity tests can be done now, before delivery. Offer it and see what the response is

Old 03-07-2019, 02:20 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,948,844 times
Quote:
well this pic doesnt have her name or birthdate on it. It does have the date she claims to of gone to the doctor on it.

she said she wanted to go to the doctor the next time on her own. but after that i could come.

I just dont see her end game her which is throwing me. She is wanting to hang out. if it was my kid, she would get finances either way after it was born. i brought up the paternity test and she mentioned pre birth the cost was something like 1800 and she was willing to get one. but i almost feel like she was throwing out the price like that to scare me from getting one pre birth.

the wierd thing about this all, she was the one that pushing our relationship along hard. like clearly wanting to get wifed up prior to disapearring.
If she thinks an $1,800 paternity test is expensive she has NO CLUE what parenthood is going to bring as far as "expensive" goes.

Get the damn test, NOW, and don't pay out one penny to her, or put your name on the birth certificate, until you know double damn certain.

"If it's my kid..." Problem is, you don't know whether or not it is at this point in time.

I watch "Paternity Court" quite frequently... don't put either this child, or the two of you, in that situation by not getting the test and being sure. Those are some sad, sad cases on that show. Including guys who paid out support for YEARS only to find out the child wasn't theirs.

Old 03-07-2019, 07:23 PM

52 posts, read 29,044 times
it sounds like everyone has the suspiscion that cheated on me, got knocked up, and came back.

honestly, i am kind of leaning the opposite way. If she got knocked up by someone else, the timing for when she was also having unprotected sex with me would have to been so close that not even she could tell who the baby daddy is.

More i think about this its one of two things

1)she monkey branched to another guy and when she found out she was pregnant and it was likely mine, she came back

2) she isnt even pregnant. Her ultrasound doesnt have any medical record information. and she is just playing me to some end

Old 03-08-2019, 08:47 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Just proceed with caution

Old 03-08-2019, 11:34 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
it sounds like everyone has the suspiscion that cheated on me, got knocked up, and came back.

honestly, i am kind of leaning the opposite way. If she got knocked up by someone else, the timing for when she was also having unprotected sex with me
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch100000;
would have to been so close that not even she could tell who the baby daddy is.

More i think about this its one of two things

1)she monkey branched to another guy and when she found out she was pregnant and it was likely mine, she came back

2) she isnt even pregnant. Her ultrasound doesnt have any medical record information. and she is just playing me to some end
I think it's #2, though now that you tell us you had unprotected sex with her, I'm not so sure. Sure the circumstances that you outline are suspicious, but ...

Care to tell us why you were having unprotected sex with her? Have you learned anything from this little episode?

Old 03-08-2019, 12:02 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:

drink!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships