Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 607 times

Advertisements

Just want to hear your thoughts:

Good girl, good Christian values, attractive, but some things bothered me about her:

- When there's a problem at work, it always seems to be the fault of coworkers or a boss
- 40 years old and her most serious relationship was 2 years, not married, no children
- Seemed to be very judgmental of ex-boyfriend for not buying her an iPad (they weren't married)
- Critical about another guy because he didn't offer to pay her rent when he complained she doesn't make enough
- Seems to be negative about people with a different political opinion or spiritual belief; acts like the different political opinion is just terrible (your political opinions do not disqualify you or make you a bad person)
- Doesn't seem to be willing to see a different political viewpoint
- Would not attend another church I went to one time (probably because she thinks the church is too liberal)
- Seemed more interested in my employee benefits than me as a person
- The political opinions made it feel like she is too judgmental or critical to be able to reason with
- Seemed to want to talk and see me when she wanted and was less flexible when I offered alternative times to meet up
- Most conversations were about what she didn't like about an opposing political viewpoint, what she didn't like about work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2019, 03:07 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,969,781 times
With a list as long as my arm of things you don’t like about her and you’re still on the fence?

Old 03-26-2019, 03:10 PM

5,238 posts, read 4,064,154 times
Too many “Red Flags” as they say on this forum!

Old 03-26-2019, 03:23 PM

9,298 posts, read 14,911,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bird with wings View Post

Good girl, good Christian values, attractive, but some things bothered me about her:

- When there's a problem at work, it always seems to be the fault of coworkers or a boss
- 40 years old and her most serious relationship was 2 years, not married, no children
- Seemed to be very judgmental of ex-boyfriend for not buying her an iPad (they weren't married)
- Critical about another guy because he didn't offer to pay her rent when he complained she doesn't make enough
- Seems to be negative about people with a different political opinion or spiritual belief; acts like the different political opinion is just terrible (your political opinions do not disqualify you or make you a bad person)
- Would not attend another church I went to one time (probably because she thinks the church is too liberal)
- The political opinions made it feel like she is too judgmental or critical to be able to reason with
- Seemed to want to talk and see me when she wanted and was less flexible when I offered alternative times to meet up
- Most conversations were about what she didn't like about an opposing political viewpoint, what she didn't like about work.
Jeez, you have to ask??? Kind of reminds me of those women who say "my boyfriend hits me but he says he loves me".....

Old 03-26-2019, 03:24 PM

23,311 posts, read 18,865,187 times
Somehow I doubt the pros and cons list is going to balance out too well. Either that or you are spending an awful lot of time trying to justify something. Took a lot of energy to write out that list OP.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:27 PM

317 posts, read 224,663 times
She's probably perfect for a guy who shares her same views and lifestyle. A lid for every pot.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:36 PM

52,286 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:

I think you need to exercises those wings Mr. Bird.

Pretty extensive list of things that don't make her look and sound all that great and yet still be able pull down a "good girl" rating.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:40 PM

189 posts, read 178,761 times
Trust your instinct. If she has numerous demands BEFORE you get involved/married, imagine how the list will only grow once she has a ring and legal marriage license.

Just think long and hard before you make a commitment....

Old 03-26-2019, 03:43 PM

561 posts, read 324,734 times
Quote:

What do you actually like about her? Personally I question the values, Christian or otherwise, of someone who sounds like they don't take responsibility for much of anything and she also sounds like a money grubber to me.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:51 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,032,233 times
I'm curious...how long have you known this woman? Is all this stuff things that have been revealed over time, or did you have a question and answer session, where you asked the questions, and she answered the questions? And was all this online, or in person?

I feel like it makes a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships