Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 02:27 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
That is sad but none the less your choice.
Nothing against single moms but I fail to see how it's sad. What would be sad to me is if people feel they have to compromise being in a relationship with anyone who has kids.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:27 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
I mean, it’s not like I bought into the stereotype and never tried. My ex is a single mom.
Ditto. I'd try it again, maybe. While I want a family, it is less than ideal raising a kid that's not yours, unless you and your spouse have made the decision to adopt.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:37 PM

947 posts, read 1,187,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Ditto. I'd try it again, maybe. While I want a family, it is less than ideal raising a kid that's not yours, unless you and your spouse have made the decision to adopt.
If I (and my spouse) made a jointed decision to adopt a child, I can get onboard with that. I just prefer to be married first before getting involved with children.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:51 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,793,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
If I (and my spouse) made a jointed decision to adopt a child, I can get onboard with that. I just prefer to be married first before getting involved with children.
Agree. However, at my age, I'm probably going to have to date a single mom, as 20-something year old women are too young for me.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:31 PM

52,280 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Agree. However, at my age, I'm probably going to have to date a single mom, as 20-something year old women are too young for me.
We're about the same age and the thought of dating a 20 something woman makes me go "ick" LOL. Not that a 20 something would have anything to do with me.

I like a nice ol seasoned gal, you know the kind, the ones when you talk dirty to them they actually grab you by the back of the head and bring your face to them and say, "Bring it on"

Those types.

Old 05-03-2019, 03:38 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
That is sad but none the less your choice.
I don't think people being aware of what they are willing/not willing to put with is sad. If anything they're doing other people a favor by not trying to force themselves to date someone they really don't want to date. Eliminates a lot of unnecessary stress and heartache.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:48 PM

44,360 posts, read 20,066,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've only skimmed this thread because, frankly, it's been done to death here but I always find terms like "breeder" to be ugly, stupid, hostile and to be honest, just dumb.

I must have missed those posts.

"Crotch Nugget" is particularly gross.

People make me sick sometimes, my growing misanthropy increases with these little mental midget level type of comments.
I agree. The people who resorted to posting vulgar, disgusting, judgmental and off-topic comments in this thread should feel ashamed. The thread is a mess and is not worth salvaging. It is now closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships