Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 09:29 AM

12 posts, read 3,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes
I have no idea how to thank him and not sound too casual or too eager
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 09:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
You shrugged. There was mumbling. Too much awkwardness and misunderstanding.

Send a thank-you text and be specific with your words.

"I enjoyed getting to know you last night. I hope to spend some more time with you soon."

Something like that.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:48 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Could be just nervous. I was nervous with my wife when we were dating. One date we were walking on the beach alone. Later after we got married we talked about past dates and that one came up. She said in her head she was screaming will you kiss me. I think I was rambling on about some of the Navy ships in the bay.

Btw yes we did kiss.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:51 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,792,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Another_user View Post
What do you suggest? Should I text him and thank for the date, beer, good time?
Absolutely. Thanking a man for a good date is good manners. He'll appreciate it. Also, say something like you're looking forward to the next date. He may not have heard you say yes to the kiss, or your body language was inconsistent.

Edit: Actually what Birdie said to say is perfect.

Old 04-25-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Absolutely. Thanking a man for a good date is good manners. He'll appreciate it. Also, say something like you're looking forward to the next date. He may not have heard you say yes to the kiss, or your body language was inconsistent.
I sent him thanks for last night, i had fun getting to know you.

That is all, he is pretty quick with replies. Now I wait. I am so scared of rejection, a nervous wreck right now

Old 04-25-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I sent him thanks for last night, i had fun getting to know you.

That is all, he is pretty quick with replies. Now I wait. I am so scared of rejection, a nervous wreck right now
OK, that indicates at least a little interest without being too vulnerable. I totally understand the fear of rejection. Imagine being a guy!

Old 04-25-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
OK, that indicates at least a little interest without being too vulnerable. I totally understand the fear of rejection. Imagine being a guy!
Yeah, I am sure he saw the text by now but nothing yet. What if he never replies? Or is he thinking of a nice reply.....

Old 04-25-2019, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I am sure he saw the text by now but nothing yet. What if he never replies? Or is he thinking of a nice reply.....
He might be busy. Maybe he doesn't want to seem too eager by replying too fast. He could also be thinking about a way to ask you out again and where to go on the next date. The weekend is almost here, so if it were me, I'd be thinking about that.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
He might be busy. Maybe he doesn't want to seem too eager by replying too fast. He could also be thinking about a way to ask you out again and where to go on the next date. The weekend is almost here, so if it were me, I'd be thinking about that.
I work every other weekend and he knows i do work this coming one.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:07 AM

He replied
Yeah I had fun too, thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships