Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 03:51 AM

62 posts, read 50,705 times

Advertisements

It is very obvious he never broke up with his girlfriend. He must think you are incredibly gullible or didn't really care whether he was single or not. The only reason he is bothering to keep up the pretense of friendship is so you won't tell his girlfriend he is screwing around behind her back.

Open your eyes, he is trying to get in another woman's pants right in front of you. He wants to bang as many women as he can, and doesn't even have the sense to do it outside the workplace or insist on wearing protection.

He is reckless, dishonest, immature, selfish, and disrespectful in the worst possible ways. You can be as sweet and nice as you like, he won't appreciate it. His behavior has shown that he doesn't value or respect you as a person. If this is a pattern with other guys, as you say, it's time to start setting much higher standards.

You're already part way there by refusing to sleep with him without protection. That was a smart move, but consider, if he really was a good guy, would he really be willing to booty call another woman a couple of hours after he “broke up with his girlfriend” like you assumed he had? Does a good guy in a relationship send half naked selfies to other women? No way!

This guy was never quality, and I'm sure if you think back, you'll find other indicators that the guy was no good. I know crushes can be intense, but you have to resist these types of dirty dogs or you'll end up with fleas.

You may feel awful being ignored right now, but I can promise you that you got off lightly. His girlfriend is in for so much pain and heartbreak when she realizes what he's up to, not to mention being exposed to potentially dangerous STD's, and drama involving scorned lovers.

My advice would be to avoid him as much as possible at work, and have nothing to do with him personally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 05:49 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,036,561 times
Quote:
We were both very drunk that night
Ever noticed a lot of these situations start with this statement? lol Funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardink View Post
This is quite a long story so I will try and cut it down as much as possible. There is a guy that works at a client company who I have had a crush on for a long time. Over the months we became friendly and would have little chats whenever we saw each other, and he did me some really nice favors. I have never really been treated well by a guy, so I really appreciated what he did and thought he was quite sweet.

He had a gf during this time and never overstepped the mark, but one night he asked for my snapchat, and sent me a shirtless selfie. I didn't really know what to think of it so I didn’t say anything, but then the next day he apologized and said it wasn't meant for me. A few days later he told me him and his girl were having issues. We were both very drunk that night, and about 5 hours later he wanted to come over, but I said you have a gf? He said they broke up, and being quite drunk I just assumed they had broken up in the last few hours.

So he came over and stuff happened. He was upfront in wanting only casual and I had crushed on him for so long I just desired him badly so I thought I was okay with that. He wanted to go all the way but we didn't have protection so I said no even though he wanted to.

The next day we talked and I was a little suspicious as their relationship status on Facebook had not changed so I asked him when they broke up and he said a week ago (not consistent with what he had said the night before, nor his Facebook relationship status), but he was drunk so I gave the benefit of the doubt. He told me we should probably stop because he isn't actually allowed that sort of relationship with a company they have a contract with and could lose his job, and him and his ex were still potentially fixable, and then a few days later he told me they had gotten back together.

I had told him I would like to remain friends, and he said he wanted that too. I have been quite down lately and I don't know many people in this area as I am new to it, and I tried to hang out with him a few times but he kept saying he wanted to but never made plans or said he was too busy to, but if there was ever anything that benefited him (like one time I was giving a piece of furniture away for free which he wanted), so that time he came around really fast.

There is another girl who he was also quite friendly with at my office as they both used to have lots of meetings together, and he hangs with her and always likes her posts on social media- specifically workout ones of her in a bikini and stuff, yet he still claims he is with his gf, and he is super nice to this other girl from what I can see.

I know he was up front about not wanting a relationship, but he still says he wants to hangout with me and be friends and he obviously doesn't. I have been so sweet and nice to him and I don't really get why these sorts of guys never like me. I will admit I have been a little emotional towards him, but it is mostly since I just feel he avoids me, and that makes me feel really ****ty.

I am trying to get over it but I can't. I see him every day onsite, so it isn't one of those situations where he is out of my life and I can get past him easier. I never planned to get feelings, but it just sort of happened that way, and I feel so much resentment towards him, especially as he is so nice to other people, but hasn’t really been to me, and the most confusing part is he still reaches out to me frequently making random conversation. Also I’m 21 and he is 25 if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships