Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 02:31 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
... and then email her just to be sure.
LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
So don't leave this on her voicemail tonight? "You and me running out of time" LOL

Im joking
suuure you are.

ugh, no...that just seems desperate and controlling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
She will either get back to you or not. Life will continue to go on.
this.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019, 02:46 AM

17 posts, read 14,771 times
Possible catfish.

Have you done a video chat?

Three weeks is way too long to wait to meetup. A couple of calls and a FaceTime is fine. Then go for coffee. Otherwise, fantasies start to develop and expectations get too high. You can find yourself sucked into an imaginary relationship.

Anyone who won’t commit to meeting you irl is sketch.

Have you ever watched *Catfish, the TV Show*, on MTV? Should be mandatory viewing when you sign up on a dating site.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:00 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffandme View Post
Otherwise, fantasies start to develop and expectations get too high. You can find yourself sucked into an imaginary relationship.

yes. and it's annoying with the whole online/texting thing, where people think that just bc you've been talking, that now you owe them a response, like you're already dating. this is the problem with online dating and texting.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:13 AM

7,019 posts, read 3,749,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raffandme View Post
Possible catfish.

Have you done a video chat?

Three weeks is way too long to wait to meetup. A couple of calls and a FaceTime is fine. Then go for coffee. Otherwise, fantasies start to develop and expectations get too high. You can find yourself sucked into an imaginary relationship.

Have you ever watched *Catfish, the TV Show*, on MTV? Should be mandatory viewing when you sign up on a dating site.
im not interested in video chat

Old 07-05-2019, 05:48 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
yes. and it's annoying with the whole online/texting thing, where people think that just bc you've been talking, that now you owe them a response, like you're already dating. this is the problem with online dating and texting.
Even when I've met men in real life (which has been the vast majority of the time), men who behave in this manner get kicked to the bottom of my list if they continue such behavior after we'd had a chance to discuss it.

Some people are not surgically attached to their phones--especially if they're with family or with people who they already know.

I have a feeling that this woman with whom the O.P. was chatting (it's been three freaking weeks with him being otherwise occupied for some of that time, so part of the delay is on him), is going to wonder what happened when she reaches out to him and he fails to respond.

Own worst enemy, some of us can be.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
Even when I've met men in real life (which has been the vast majority of the time), men who behave in this manner get kicked to the bottom of my list if they continue such behavior after we'd had a chance to discuss it.

Some people are not surgically attached to their phones--especially if they're with family or with people who they already know.

I have a feeling that this woman with whom the O.P. was chatting (it's been three freaking weeks with him being otherwise occupied for some of that time, so part of the delay is on him), is going to wonder what happened when she reaches out to him and he fails to respond.

Own worst enemy, some of us can be.
It's just weird she remembered that I started a new job this week and now I can't even share my other good news with her I will learn from this experience and the next woman I meet I am setting up a date online and not moving to the phone unless she suggest it. And if she does I will only talk for 15 mins and set up the face to face meeting.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:10 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,561,084 times
Quote:
It's just weird she remembered that I started a new job this week and now I can't even share my other good news with her I will learn from this experience and the next woman I meet I am setting up a date online and not moving to the phone unless she suggest it. And if she does I will only talk for 15 mins and set up the face to face meeting.
I probably shouldn't reiterate any of this, but I will.

It's a holiday week. People have plans. People are busy. You only made initial contact three weeks ago. Three weeks. Have some patience for goodness' sake. And stop overthinking and creating battle plans on what to do with the next woman due to this particular woman's lack of immediate responsiveness. Besides, *you* had plans two weekends in a row, hence the delay in getting together for a date. How would you feel if you knew that she was overthinking and nitpicking your reasons for not getting together sooner? Hmm?

She took the time to reach out to you on Monday. She did not "ghost" you. Last time that I checked, "ghosts" don't behave in such a manner.

Some people don't have their phone attached to them at all times and for all you know, she might be out of town with friends/family. She might be camping or somewhere where there's limited phone reception. She might have directed all non-essential calls to voicemail. There might have a been an emergency. Her phone might have sunk to the bottom of her dad's pool. Who knows?

You do not have the right to be a priority in her life at her time. You are not a friend, let a alone a boyfriend. You're a man with whom she's been chatting and was quite likely looking forward to actually meeting once both of your lives had settled back into their usual post-holiday/new job/time for making plans routine. Now that you've gone all "scorched earth" on her because she didn't respond on *your* preferred timeline, there's good chance that you'll never know if you would have enjoyed her company.

Try to stop being your own worst enemy when dating. Overthinking as you're doing can not only ruin a potential good thing before it's begun, but also kill an existing relationship.

Last edited by Formerly Known As Twenty; 07-05-2019 at 07:35 PM..

Old 07-06-2019, 08:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
It takes 5 seconds to text a response. I agree with the OP, she's not interested.

Old 07-06-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It takes 5 seconds to text a response. I agree with the OP, she's not interested.
It's so weird though because she wished me good luck on my 1st day at the new job and I never got the opportunity to tell about it. lol What the hell she even wish me luck for?

Old 07-06-2019, 08:48 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
It's so weird though because she wished me good luck on my 1st day at the new job and I never got the opportunity to tell about it. lol What the hell she even wish me luck for?
You didn't bother to reply till like 12 hours later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships