Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 06:39 AM

23 posts, read 14,411 times

Advertisements

I can't understand why couples need to overpost their relationship on facebook, instagram or twitter. I have read several articles on the internet and this is fact that there were psychological studies that couples who overpost on social media tend to develop narcissistic personality disorder over time. That kind of behavior is that they will get offensive to a person if they put them down. These couples who overpost only want and will ONLY post the happy times and not the complete negative things that go on. And all you hear from these people is the reason they want to post is because they want to extend the photos to family members. Have they ever heard about getting together with that family member and share the photos in person? People have done it in the past. Prime example. One couple I know of , they post some serious lovely dovey photos on facebook, One time i was with my girlfriend having dinner at a restaurant and that couple I know came in and they were sitting a couple of tables away. something happend that the husband got really upset over something that they were arguing about that he just threw his fork forceably at the table with anger got up and walked out.And guess what this lovey dovey couple did NOT obvious post that on their facebook or instagram. Mostly their pictures are of them kissing at a dinner table with a glass of wine with captions saying how they love each other to death. You see if they start posting stuff like that on social media. There will be some serious gossiping going about them and they will look like fools in front of their friends. Best thing stay off of social media. I dont have a social media and I saw this because the couple i know post theor facebook as a public site that everyone can see. My girlfriend loves it that I dont have social media and I love it that she doesnt. People dont realize social media can impact a couples relationship in a bad way. And it can be true about a couple developing a personality disorder when they get older. So again they should think before gettting junk like that . And guess what also . That couple who have hundreds of online social media friends if the couple get into a jam you think that hundreds of friends will help them out? Probably not!!! Because these days everyone with problems have to face their problems themselvves and others will not jump in to help them because they want to avoid any drama.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:53 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflourme View Post
I can't understand why couples need to overpost their relationship on facebook, instagram or twitter. I have read several articles on the internet and this is fact that there were psychological studies that couples who overpost on social media tend to develop narcissistic personality disorder over time. That kind of behavior is that they will get offensive to a person if they put them down. These couples who overpost only want and will ONLY post the happy times and not the complete negative things that go on. And all you hear from these people is the reason they want to post is because they want to extend the photos to family members. Have they ever heard about getting together with that family member and share the photos in person? People have done it in the past. Prime example. One couple I know of , they post some serious lovely dovey photos on facebook, One time i was with my girlfriend having dinner at a restaurant and that couple I know came in and they were sitting a couple of tables away. something happend that the husband got really upset over something that they were arguing about that he just threw his fork forceably at the table with anger got up and walked out.And guess what this lovey dovey couple did NOT obvious post that on their facebook or instagram. Mostly their pictures are of them kissing at a dinner table with a glass of wine with captions saying how they love each other to death. You see if they start posting stuff like that on social media. There will be some serious gossiping going about them and they will look like fools in front of their friends. Best thing stay off of social media. I dont have a social media and I saw this because the couple i know post theor facebook as a public site that everyone can see. My girlfriend loves it that I dont have social media and I love it that she doesnt. People dont realize social media can impact a couples relationship in a bad way. And it can be true about a couple developing a personality disorder when they get older. So again they should think before gettting junk like that . And guess what also . That couple who have hundreds of online social media friends if the couple get into a jam you think that hundreds of friends will help them out? Probably not!!! Because these days everyone with problems have to face their problems themselvves and others will not jump in to help them because they want to avoid any drama.
If you don’t have social media, I’m not sure how this is a problem for you.

Even with a public post, YOU would have to go on FB to see it.

It’s great that you and your girlfriend are in sync. Let others do THEIR thing.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:55 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,023 times
yes, it's sad, and one reason I always hated the whole thing, ever since it started. I mean gee, who would have thought that pages where you post pictures of yourself, would make people more superficial, insecure, and increase makeup sales and plastic surgery? sad, but it's just a reflection of our superficial society. and it's not just couples of course. like if you're a bad mom, well no one knows, bc you post pics of your kids smiling. but it's really easy to say "smile" and click, create a happy moment. it's interesting how much you can glean though, just by looking at people's pages, posts, pictures, etc. like if there's a pic of a couple, then they change it to just the girl or guy, it's like "everything ok? trouble in paradise?" lol. and of course it usually turns out that now they're single. this one guy deleted all the pics of his gf, then took off the part about her, so I thought ooh, guess she must have done something...then a few days later he's back to posting pics of her, and gushing about her. it's interesting to watch, kind of like reality tv. lol.

sadly, I kind of think most people need it to have a relationship these days, like they need to show them off.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:57 AM

True but people dont seem to realize like I said in the post if they act like everything is peachy with their relationship and they hit a major fork in the road. Maybe it will not be me but someone else can see that and go and start some major gossip about them. It can happen. You cant trust everyone these days. Even some of your close friends. And with a public post you can always create a anonymous facebook user account and go see that stuff. Nothing is secure these days. So best thing think before you go on social media.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:01 AM

^^yeah, I don't get people who have theirs public and are always posting stuff, but if you say anything it's like "aw hell naw, this is MY page" well then make it private if you don't want anyone to see or comment on it.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:01 AM

17,686 posts, read 9,168,053 times
OP, you sound very jealous of the other couple.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
OP, you sound very jealous of the other couple.
Why?? I am not jealous. At least I dont air my relationship out on cyberspace. If something goes wrong with my relationship the whole world will not go questioning why are things bad if they see me arguing with my girlfriend and i have pictures somewhere of things being peachy. Always remember like i said maybe not me but someone else out there can catch that couple and start gossiping that they look phoney. And If someone is overposting that person is too insecure and worried that their if relatioonship goes sour they need to walk around with a paperbag on their head and please look at some websites of psychological studies from universities. People due tend to develop a personality disorder if they overpost and become insecure of their relationship. And with those kinds of people who want to be center of attention a behavioral disorder is displayed well on them if someone comes by and starts giving their opinion of how they look with their relationship or that they find other people better than that person.

Old 07-05-2019, 07:18 AM

You are right!!!! That is what is wrong with society today. It is so damn superficial. People get easily offended If you go and tell them your honest opinion if they act like they are the center of attention. And when they have something bad happen to them they will completely close themselves off from the world , put a paperbag on their head or find some more photos to post to cover the truth. Social media doesnt make things better for society all the way. It can make some major negative impacts as well

Old 07-05-2019, 07:18 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:

And with a public post you can always create a anonymous facebook user account and go see that stuff. Nothing is secure these days. So best thing think before you go on social media.
Sounds like you need to take your own advice and stop lurking anonymously.

Regardless of other people’s motivations, YOUR behavior is the only thing you can control. If it bothers you so much, stop intentionally going to look at it.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 07-05-2019 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-05-2019, 07:25 AM

Quote:
People get easily offended If you go and tell them your honest opinion if they act like they are the center of attention.
yes, bc of the individualistic society, it's like you can't say anything to anyone, or they're like "F off, who the F are you!?" probably the reason for societal problems, and why people can't get along. but the whole FB thing, etc., where people create their own little world, of who they think they are, or wanna be, is just the epitome of that, bc they think it's really their own little world, and no one's allowed to say anything negative or question them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships