Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 08:49 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,809,923 times

Advertisements

so broke up with the ex 2 days ago, suggested no contact and have been keeping it up. However, today I get a knock on my door. I wonder who it is and open the door and there is my ex saying that it is a bad decision that we broke up and we should think more carefully about what we are doing and that she misses me like mad and perhaps she did not try hard enough on her end to save the situation. Well, I gave her a hug and told her I need time alone.

How do you handle this situation? I think I was doing well moving on, even though it was tough, but now it is like someone hit the reset button on me and I have to start from scratch.

Is this just something that she did to make herself feel better? She admits that she felt better after she came over and hugged me and that I agreed to think it over. I have never had this happen before in a breakup. When I broke up the last time I never heard from my ex again (except for a nasty letter that she sent me 6 months later LOL!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 08:53 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,053,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Is this just something that she did to make herself feel better?
Yes. She is a self-centered person who continually disregarded your feelings when you were together, so it's no surprise that she's doing it now.

Every time she breaks the "no contact" agreement, it's like picking a scab.

Ignore any messages from her, and if she shows up at your door again, do not answer.

Old 05-30-2016, 08:54 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,550,565 times
Quote:
so broke up with the ex 2 days ago, suggested no contact and have been keeping it up. However, today I get a knock on my door. I wonder who it is and open the door and there is my ex saying that it is a bad decision that we broke up and we should think more carefully about what we are doing and that she misses me like mad and perhaps she did not try hard enough on her end to save the situation. Well, I gave her a hug and told her I need time alone.

How do you handle this situation? I think I was doing well moving on, even though it was tough, but now it is like someone hit the reset button on me and I have to start from scratch.

Is this just something that she did to make herself feel better? She admits that she felt better after she came over and hugged me and that I agreed to think it over.
Next time don't answer the door simples LMAO

no seriously just you've told her your piece so leave it at that but if she turns up again I'd go mental mate I really would, this ( break up ) is what you need to carry on with your life ( from previous threads ).

Old 05-30-2016, 08:58 PM

281 posts, read 247,672 times
Hi, I don't quite get what you are really asking here. Are you wondering if you should get back with her? That you should handle the situation better to avoid hurting her? Do you think she is playing you?

I know how you feel to be in that situation. Breaking up is really hard, even if you are the one who calls it off. I think the person who calls it off has the toughest job, unless you don't really care about the person.

Edit: I see that others referred to your previous threads . I didn't see them .....

Old 05-30-2016, 09:06 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,373,799 times
Quote:
How do you handle this situation?
I wouldn't have this situation. Id make it clear that we're done. No showing up at my door, no calling/texts, no silly messages on Facebook, etc.

If this happens again, OP, clearly, you're allowing it to happen.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:12 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,461,934 times
Marry the girl!

Old 05-30-2016, 09:18 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,550,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
Hi, I don't quite get what you are really asking here. Are you wondering if you should get back with her? That you should handle the situation better to avoid hurting her? Do you think she is playing you?

I know how you feel to be in that situation. Breaking up is really hard, even if you are the one who calls it off. I think the person who calls it off has the toughest job, unless you don't really care about the person.

Edit: I see that others referred to your previous threads . I didn't see them .....
Yeah his other threads have built up a picture for sure about her

Old 05-30-2016, 09:19 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,468,732 times
If you want no contact, then there is no contact. Tell her to stop contacting you.

Hopefully you meet someone who will be better suited to you and will have the patience and understanding for your concerns.

Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,044,950 times
So two days have passed. You felt you were doing well moving on. She showed up, hugged you (which you allowed). Now your wondering if the breakup is going well?

This breakup is not going well. Who hugs their ex to console them after a breakup? Your broke up!

You told her you need time to be alone. She clearly is not confident in the breakup. Are you? You gave her an answer that leaves a door open, and such hope alive. Combine that with the hug... and it is not over.

So of course she feels better. She has confirmed there are feelings and things are not completely over. She feels there is hope.

Old 05-31-2016, 12:05 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,975,497 times
She disrespected the 'no contact' rule.

Unacceptable!!

No touchy! Noooo touchy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships