Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 04:09 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,070,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Sounds to me like you want this man for yourself.
You are right. I do love him.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:29 PM

7,573 posts, read 10,623,282 times
Although I'm not saying that the secret should come out, it bothers me that this little girl will never know who her real Dad is and her Dad will never have the chance to meet his daughter. Secondly, lets hope there are no inherited health issues for this child from the father's side that may need to be known some day. A friend of mine was in a similiar situation and the advice from a child psychologist was that the child should be told and at a young age, but again, this is up to the parents, right?

Old 05-25-2008, 05:14 PM

^That is horrible. She(wife) doesn't know where the ex is anymore. Her ex told her that he was leaving for another city to work in. What bothers me is simply the fact that he would let her get away with cheating and having the child of another man. It would bother me very much and I know him very well. This was the man who use to get drunk and we would both get into fights against random people or if we were bored we'd fight eachother. I know him very well and I know that sooner or later he will do something very stupid. It is why I suggest him to leave.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:16 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,550 times
I remember reading that in the more primitive of times, the alpha male would impregnate another man's woman. The adoptive father would be a caring, omega male. It's supposed to be a good thing because the strong genes of the alpha male are passed on and the child receives the nurture of the omega father. Actually, I think I read that somewhere here...

Oh, and my opinion? It's his child and his other children's older sister. He should love her no less than he did before he found out. His wife cheated on him and now she found out that she was impregnated by the wrong man. It sucks but it's the past. You're advising him to tear his family (which includes three of his children by genes) apart.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:18 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
It would bother me very much and I know him very well. This was the man who use to get drunk and we would both get into fights against random people or if we were bored we'd fight eachother. I know him very well and I know that sooner or later he will do something very stupid. It is why I suggest him to leave.
Are you implying that he may beat his kid or his wife?

Old 05-25-2008, 05:31 PM

1,882 posts, read 4,620,702 times
60 - Keep your nose outta this. Everybody thinks that a "real dad" is the one that passed the genes on. NO!!! A real dad is one who raises the kid, not the sperm donor.

Of course it's true, the wife is a ****, IMHO; and needs kicked in the " ______"! He needs to raise the kids, not leave now and mess up their life too!

WTF is wrong with people w/kids!!!???

People need to understand that when you have kids, THEY ARE #1.......NOT YOU!!! If you want to break the chain of dumba$$s' then let him tend to his kids.

Some of you are too "divorce happy". just pisses me off to no end.

Nope, I'm not even close to sorry for that rant.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:37 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,127,019 times
I think your friend has more class the you do and you should butt out...totally.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I think your friend has more class the you do and you should butt out...totally.
More class? LMAO no he doesn't we grew up together like brothers.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
Are you implying that he may beat his kid or his wife?
Maybe the wife but the kids?! No way! he wouldn't ever hit kids and not even the wife. But he will be pissed off for a very long time. He doesn't show his anger never has. He has a very subtle way of showing how he is angry at you.

Old 05-25-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Cave Man View Post
60 - Keep your nose outta this. Everybody thinks that a "real dad" is the one that passed the genes on. NO!!! A real dad is one who raises the kid, not the sperm donor.

Of course it's true, the wife is a ****, IMHO; and needs kicked in the " ______"! He needs to raise the kids, not leave now and mess up their life too!

WTF is wrong with people w/kids!!!???

People need to understand that when you have kids, THEY ARE #1.......NOT YOU!!! If you want to break the chain of dumba$$s' then let him tend to his kids.

Some of you are too "divorce happy". just pisses me off to no end.

Nope, I'm not even close to sorry for that rant.
Yes I agree with your definition of a real dad. But still there is always a possibility that the daughter will want to know who the real dad is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.