Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 11:41 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinMay View Post
I wouldn’t say it’s negative talk from my standpoint as much as an observation.

Most couples being evenly matched looks wise isn’t just a huge coincedence
Yeah, because like 80% (lol) of people fall somewhere in the very vast human stew of "NORMAL looking"... Like watch a movie with a busy city street full of extras. None stand out. They all just look like people moving around. Look at any picture of a crowd. No one has numerical readouts on their foreheads. They all just look like people. There are a tiny, miniscule minority who are heckin' gorgeous or heckin' fugly and even they still find love. I have one cousin who looks like something you'd cast in a horror movie about inbred hill folk and she married a dude who looks moderately more human than she does and they have kids. I have another cousin who looks so much like Thor (from the movies) that he went to ComicCon in street clothes and cosplayers asked for photos with him. Between gigs as a drummer, art school, and working the door at clubs, he's had side hustles as a high end male model for the kind of ads they print in black and white in magazines that smell like cologne samples. He is single, last I heard.

Most people are just people. The vast hulking mass of shambling humanity are so "in the middle somewhere" on looks that it is utterly subjective. Rank yourself wherever you want. No one cares.

But showing up to make the same statement that has been made (and argued) a thousand times before as though it is some brand new revelation from on high...usually doesn't look good on anyone. Like the beehive hairdo or crocheted swimwear, some fashion is simply bad.

Just an "observation."

Old 09-16-2022, 12:16 PM

34 posts, read 25,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah, because like 80% (lol) of people fall somewhere in the very vast human stew of "NORMAL looking"... Like watch a movie with a busy city street full of extras. None stand out. They all just look like people moving around. Look at any picture of a crowd. No one has numerical readouts on their foreheads. They all just look like people. There are a tiny, miniscule minority who are heckin' gorgeous or heckin' fugly and even they still find love. I have one cousin who looks like something you'd cast in a horror movie about inbred hill folk and she married a dude who looks moderately more human than she does and they have kids. I have another cousin who looks so much like Thor (from the movies) that he went to ComicCon in street clothes and cosplayers asked for photos with him. Between gigs as a drummer, art school, and working the door at clubs, he's had side hustles as a high end male model for the kind of ads they print in black and white in magazines that smell like cologne samples. He is single, last I heard.

Most people are just people. The vast hulking mass of shambling humanity are so "in the middle somewhere" on looks that it is utterly subjective. Rank yourself wherever you want. No one cares.

But showing up to make the same statement that has been made (and argued) a thousand times before as though it is some brand new revelation from on high...usually doesn't look good on anyone. Like the beehive hairdo or crocheted swimwear, some fashion is simply bad.

Just an "observation."
But you’re agreeing with me lol. You’re admitting most people near each other’s level of attractiveness end up with each other

If looks matching wasn’t a thing at all and it was just about connection and chemistry wouldn’t beautiful people be with average people as well then?

Old 09-16-2022, 12:33 PM

12,101 posts, read 17,088,979 times
Quote:

If looks matching wasn’t a thing at all and it was just about connection and chemistry wouldn’t beautiful people be with average people as well then?
Beauty is magnified with age and immaturity.

Like how old are you? 20?

Post back here 30 or 40 years from now and let me know if you think the women that are out of your league are still out of your league.

I mean, THEY may still think so, but whatever...

The truth is that some people in this life take, take, take and some people in this life give, give, give and get nothing, and both end up in the same place ... in the ground.

Old 09-16-2022, 12:42 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,054 times
Default Dude...Just Stop Already

Quote:
But you’re agreeing with me lol. You’re admitting most people near each other’s level of attractiveness end up with each other

It's Friday afternoon, and I'm sitting here with the 'penitentiary face' on, wondering why you're wasting people's time whining trying to get your way over some idiotic concept of looks matching...really?

I swear, the world would be a much better place if some folk would just go somewhere, sit down, and shut the actual expletive deleted up and observe the world around them a little more closely, instead of moaning repetitiously because some woman won't give them the time of day off her Mickey Mouse watch

Jesus Horatio Hornblower Christ, people on here just make my gums hurt

Old 09-16-2022, 01:32 PM

61,674 posts, read 87,060,489 times
This topic has been discussed many times already.
Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships