Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2022, 08:10 AM

34 posts, read 26,033 times

Advertisements

I’m in my 40’s now and have been losing my hair. I know how important a full head of hair is to women.

I’ve also heard them say a receeding hairline/ balding is even worse then completely bald the problem is I don’t have the face or head shape to pull off the bald look. I look horrible.

So I’m kinda screwed here.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:17 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Maybe if you live in LA or something it's a problem. Or if you are into younger women or very picky women. Most women expect middle aged guys to have some hair loss. You can get a decent haircut if you don't want to shave it off and go on with your life.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:45 AM

880 posts, read 463,257 times
Same old same old , just look up and down any street and at all the couples and men with thinning or no hair.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:49 AM

6,873 posts, read 4,877,055 times
A full head of hair is important? Good to know. I wonder how many women didn't get that memo. Afterall, it's listed right under it being very important that men be over 6'2". At least the women here are now informed and can pass it along.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:55 AM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
What do girls think of bald guys?

Old 09-18-2022, 12:47 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinMay View Post
I’m in my 40’s now and have been losing my hair. I know how important a full head of hair is to women.

I’ve also heard them say a receeding hairline/ balding is even worse then completely bald the problem is I don’t have the face or head shape to pull off the bald look. I look horrible.

So I’m kinda screwed here.
I've only heard some women say, that they don't like the comb-overs some guys do, when they've lost most of their hair. I don't think you're there yet.

But also, what a LOT of women say, is that personality and character are of prime importance. If you have a good sense of humor, if you listen to what women say when you're interacting with them and don't monopolize the conversation, if you're considerate in other ways and are interesting to talk to, that's enough to get women to take an interest in you.

However, if you're over-relying on online dating sites as your strategy to meet women, you may get better results from strategies that are not photo-based.

Being active in your community in various ways, being involved in community organizations, volunteering, joining activity groups of various sorts or taking a class or two at your CC (they have non-academic offerings of a wide variety as well as academic, and their for-fun courses are attended by a wide age group), maybe taking a cooking class (French, Thai, Italian, whatever), or if you're light on your feet, trying some free dance groups: salsa, swing, ballroom, folk, etc., will put you in environments with women that give everyone an opportunity to get to know each other by interacting on a regular basis in connection with a topic of mutual interest. Easy to make conversation, and make an impression with your personality, brains, creativity, rather than with a 2-dimensional representation of yourself online.

Of course, meeting someome who catches your interest will probably take time, but at least you'll enjoy yourself in the meantime. Finding a good match takes time, no matter how you approach it.

Old 09-18-2022, 01:00 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,083,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinMay View Post
"Women"? As in "women in general"? Really?

Not all women are that shallow.

Now, if you're in your 40s (as you say) and want to date women in their late teens or early 20s, it might be an issue because they won't yet have been exposed to a lot of men who have lost a lot of hair.

Is that the issue, you're only attracted to much younger women? Because I don't know too many women in their 40s -- i.e., same age as you!! -- who value "a full head of hair" above about a zillion more important qualities in a mate.

I can't believe I even have to say that ...

Old 09-18-2022, 01:32 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Duplicate topic. Thread closed.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships