Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 09:27 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,976,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Did I imply that you said you feel persecuted?
insinuated - definition of insinuated by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Quote:
It's just on background. You know - scientific research. You never know when you'll run into some female with that affliction, and since you DON'T have this complex, by reading this article you'll be prepared to deal with her.

How do I know I am not speaking to one right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
You haven't proved that ALL women prefer tall men. The key word is ALL. Until you can prove that, your argument means nothing. You haven't backed up your argument. The majority and all are not synonomous.

Try again.

Change the words to "overwhelming majority", as the links I provided prove, and you might have a point.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
That says more about you than it does about them.
Yes. It says that I am 5'3, balding, and not very good looking, hence, unattracitve, which I readily admit, as those things are facts. The links I provided on the other message proves that.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:33 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,170,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Change the words to "overwhelming majority", as the links I provided prove, and you might have a point.
Bottom line: You haven't proven your argument to be true. You said yourself that ALL WOMEN prefer tall men. PROVE IT. Until you can, your argument means nothing.

And overwhelming majority isn't synonomous with ALL. Therefore, your argument is false.

Try again.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,619,542 times
Nice link!

Unfortunately, insinuated and imply have two different meanings.

Quote:
How do I know I am not speaking to one right now?
What, to a female?

See the previous reference, re: Persecution Complex.

But if you were, you'd break out into a cold sweat, your ears would burn and you'd have higgly-wiggly feelings "down there".

...just trying to keep this on a scientific level, of course...

Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Yes. It says that I am 5'3, balding, and not very good looking, hence, unattracitve, which I readily admit, as those things are facts. The links I provided on the other message proves that.
No, it says something about your lack of confidence and your lack of actual experience in the dating field. Somebody will always be attractive to somebody else. That doesn't apply to just one gender either.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:48 PM

Quote:
No, it says something about your lack of confidence and your lack of actual experience in the dating field. Somebody will always be attractive to somebody else. That doesn't apply to just one gender either.

For an atheist, you certaintly are not scientific and rational in your thinking. Like the scientific studies in the links I provided prove, the chances of a GOOD LOOKING man at 5'3 for being attractive is slim, let alone and unnatrractive man at 5'3.

Is it a 100& guarantee? No. But neither is the notion that fire breathing dragons do not exist. Like the fire breathing dragon, the female who is sexually attracted to a short and unnattractive man is something that, the existince of which cannot be thoroughly proven or disproven. However, just as I will not hold my breath at the prospect of seeing and being eaten by a fire breathing dragon, I will not hold my breath at the prospect of meeting someone who finds me attractive.

Also, just as it would most likely not be profitable to hunt fire breathing dragons, it would most likely not be a fruitful endeavor to attemp to find a female who finds me attractive.

This process is called "logic" and it is one that I would think an atheist would be more fimiliar with.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Nice link!

Unfortunately, insinuated and imply have two different meanings.

What, to a female?

See the previous reference, re: Persecution Complex.

But if you were, you'd break out into a cold sweat, your ears would burn and you'd have higgly-wiggly feelings "down there".

...just trying to keep this on a scientific level, of course...

Insinuate:
2. To introduce or insert (oneself) by subtle and artful means.

And I have no idea what the hell you are saying in the second part of this message.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
For an atheist, you certaintly are not scientific and rational in your thinking. Like the scientific studies in the links I provided prove, the chances of a GOOD LOOKING man at 5'3 for being attractive is slim, let alone and unnatrractive man at 5'3.

Is it a 100& guarantee? No. But neither is the notion that fire breathing dragons do not exist. Like the fire breathing dragon, the female who is sexually attracted to a short and unnattractive man is something that, the existince of which cannot be thoroughly proven or disproven. However, just as I will not hold my breath at the prospect of seeing and being eaten by a fire breathing dragon, I will not hold my breath at the prospect of meeting someone who finds me attractive.

Also, just as it would most likely not be profitable to hunt fire breathing dragons, it would most likely not be a fruitful endeavor to attemp to find a female who finds me attractive.

This process is called "logic" and it is one that I would think an atheist would be more fimiliar with.
I'm very logical. See if you can follow this logic.

The overwhelming majority and all are not synonomous.

Therefore, there are women out there who either don't care about height or prefer men who are their height or shorter.

Was that really difficult?

Old 05-28-2008, 10:04 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,619,542 times
Quote:
Insinuate:
2. To introduce or insert (oneself) by subtle and artful means.
This is starting to feel like "Groundhog Day"...

So you're insinuating that I implied your insinuations were implicitly introduced in the idiom of illicit integrations?

Quote:
And I have no idea what the hell you are saying in the second part of this message.
That's a shame - I spent a lot of time trying to be clever.

You implicitly implied that I was of the female persuasion - I merely reiterated that your individualistic cause-and-effect mechanisms would be activated by this ideation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships