Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2022, 10:57 PM

25 posts, read 34,458 times

Advertisements

I am super busy and don't have the time to swipe through the numerous profiles and do the conversations. So I was thinking of hiring someone to do this for me. So this guy will setup a tinder profile on his phone with my pics and location, info etc. and all I have to do is provide the photos etc. My tinder profile is available on my phone too so I can swipe see the conversations etc. My tinder profile has my credit card info. Is it safe to let him takeover my tinder profile and will my credit card info be safe in there?

Old 10-17-2022, 10:05 AM

349 posts, read 244,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsss8791 View Post
I am super busy and don't have the time to swipe through the numerous profiles and do the conversations. So I was thinking of hiring someone to do this for me. So this guy will setup a tinder profile on his phone with my pics and location, info etc. and all I have to do is provide the photos etc. My tinder profile is available on my phone too so I can swipe see the conversations etc. My tinder profile has my credit card info. Is it safe to let him takeover my tinder profile and will my credit card info be safe in there?
No. That seems to be asking for trouble.

Also, if you’re too busy to look at profiles, how will you have time to go on dates that may result? Take the time yourself. You know what you’re looking for; a random person you hire will not.

Old 10-17-2022, 12:16 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,984,458 times
lol, come on now. You know the answer to that.

And yes, if you don't have the 10 min to set up a profile and a few seconds to look and swipe - how do you have enough time to date anyone?

In a different thread you say you are retired - what are you doing all day that you don't have a few minutes for Tinder?

Old 10-17-2022, 06:36 PM

25 posts, read 34,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
lol, come on now. You know the answer to that.

And yes, if you don't have the 10 min to set up a profile and a few seconds to look and swipe - how do you have enough time to date anyone?

In a different thread you say you are retired - what are you doing all day that you don't have a few minutes for Tinder?
I don't mind the time spent on dating apps but I am constantly hit by scams on tinder. They converse with me for sometime and then try to get me to move over to Whatsapp. A service like VidaSelect has more experience in figuring out these scamsters than I do

Old 10-17-2022, 07:07 PM

6,467 posts, read 3,985,300 times
And when you find someone you actually like and then they find out that it's not even you they've been talking to?

Old 10-18-2022, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I don't mind the time spent on dating apps but I am constantly hit by scams on tinder. They converse with me for sometime and then try to get me to move over to Whatsapp. A service like VidaSelect has more experience in figuring out these scamsters than I do
I experienced the same. But after a while you can spot them easily - they are always very good looking and wayyyy too intense. Their grammar is weird and they are very possessive and overly charming. I know within 10-15 messages that they are Nigerian scammers.

Be a little more realistic in your expectations - don't go for unnatural good looking people who respond immediately and bombard you with messages and compliments. You may be attractive but please, be realistic - no one in their right mind is as intense and charming as those scammers are.

Old 10-18-2022, 12:42 PM

9,406 posts, read 8,379,537 times
Pick the less attractive ones, you know they're not scammers!

Old 10-18-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Pick the less attractive ones, you know they're not scammers!
Look for very unattractive people, just to be sure

Old 10-18-2022, 05:30 PM

4,031 posts, read 3,310,131 times
If you aren't feeling very confident about how you well you will do on Tinder, ask some women you know and trust to help you. Maybe you have a sister, maybe you have some female friends or maybe wives or girlfriends of your male friends. Having women go through your Tinder account and help you reply to women will give you a much better idea of what types of responses will actually work with women. Compared to men, women get a lot more responses on Tinder and they have a much better idea of what types of messages and profiles worked best in general with different women. Also the real time feedback you get from women while responding to other women on Tinder will give you a much better sense of the types of things women are looking for and thinking about regarding men on Tinder. They will also help you decode why women on Tinder are responding the way they do to you.

Old 10-18-2022, 06:10 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,226,126 times
Quote:
I'd blow off online dating completely if you are a guy. Unless you're just trying for a hookup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships