Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2022, 01:55 PM

6 posts, read 2,083 times

Advertisements

I can be terrible at reading social cues so looking for opinions. We have a class together a few times a week and that's the only time we interact. We didn't really talk much at first, but for a couple weeks now we've got that back and forth banter thing building, she's always looking for an opportunity to tease me. Now it can be near constant and we've almost interrupted class at times. When it's quiet she's called out my name to get my attention, even from behind me, just to pick on me or make some comment as she walks past.

And eye contact. Lately I've noticed her looking at me, even staring, when the proff or people are talking, even if the attention is on the other side of the class and she shouldn't be facing me. When I look back, initially she would just look away immediatley or after smiling for a split second, and then I'd notice her looking again later. Recently she'll just keep looking at me with a little smirk and we lock eyes and start doing a joking sort of what are you looking at, making gestures etc. Or I'll be looking around and as soon as our eyes meet she cracks a joke at me like she'd been waiting. I've also noticed her looking my way when something funny happens in class. She's also started making a point to say goodbye at the end of class, in a teasing manner of course.

I think I might have messed up at the end of last class though. Not 100% certain but it seemed like her friend gestured for me to join the two of them for lunch as we left, but I didn't realize till I was halfway home; and now we're on a break for a week and won't be able to really interact the first week back either due to class circumstances. So things were just seeming to be building but now might not talk for 2 weeks.

So yeah, what do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2022, 02:14 PM

5,656 posts, read 3,160,466 times
Well, it sounds like the only thing you can do is look forward to when the two of you are able to interact again. By the way, it DOES sound like she likes you.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:19 PM

61,745 posts, read 87,194,708 times
Well, it sounds like she NOTICED you. Its up to you to make her liking you.

Old 10-24-2022, 02:23 PM

29,748 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Well, it sounds like the only thing you can do is look forward to when the two of you are able to interact again. By the way, it DOES sound like she likes you.
Yep. Next time you see her, ask her to study together or get coffee after class.

Old 10-24-2022, 03:44 PM

6,876 posts, read 4,877,055 times
It's only as two week break. When you see her again ask her out.

Old 10-24-2022, 04:33 PM

29,522 posts, read 22,674,035 times
What do?

Simple, you just do what you probably won't do, which is to ask her out for quick lunch (in addition to her number and Facebook). Something innocuous, and should be easy to do since you two banter already. And if she accepts, then see signs to see if she might genuinely be attracted to you. Then ask her out on a real date.

It really is that simple, and do not drag this on any further by continuing to make excuses why you didn't ask her out yet (timing not right, her friend was there, on and on).

Old 10-25-2022, 06:49 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
You seem paralyzed by the idea of asking her out.

Old 10-25-2022, 06:58 AM

2,979 posts, read 1,650,432 times
If you haven't already, find her on FB and send a friend request.
When classes resume suggest a non-date thing you can do together, study, coffee, etc.

If she accepts, even if she wants her friend to come along, do it. See how it goes and take it from there.

Back in my day I was much more comfortable when a man didn't go all couple-y right away. I wanted to get to know him, see if we clicked w/out the pressure of being together romantically initially.

No need to rush all that, enjoy her company, see who she is as a person.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:35 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,684,449 times
I agree with some of the other posters, except that I'd hold up on the Facebook request until you actually talk with her in-person first. Don't add her to Facebook unless you get permission because it can be considered creepy sadly.

Old 10-25-2022, 07:50 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Well, it sounds like she NOTICED you. Its up to you to make her liking you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yep. Next time you see her, ask her to study together or get coffee after class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
It's only as two week break. When you see her again ask her out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessimprov View Post
I agree with some of the other posters, except that I'd hold up on the Facebook request until you actually talk with her in-person first. Don't add her to Facebook unless you get permission because it can be considered creepy sadly.
As mentioned, it's not anymore difficult than chatting again after break is over. If you're interested in her, you should be taking the initiative to move things in that direction by asking her to eat lunch together, etc.

I also don't think it's appropriate to add someone to social media because that's lazy and just a way to passively observe their life instead of DOING something to further a connection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships