Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 01:34 PM

2,978 posts, read 1,647,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known As Twenty View Post
That being said, this guy really *did* lay it on thick, didn't he?
I thought the same. It was a party but kissing someone he just met?

Maybe he's a bit embarrassed about his forward behavior?

Being out of the dating scene for many years, I have no idea what the new rules are.

The last time I was single and dating I was 30. If something like that had happened to me I would expect to hear from him.

If he didn't I'd be confused but just shrug it off and carry on. If you get reaction like that from men though you should be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2022, 01:40 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,058,679 times
I think you just relax and if he calls he calls, if he doesnt he doesnt.

"3 day rule" is kinda outdated. I feel most people only have free time on the weekends, so they may not even think of txting someone from last weekend until friday at 5pm.

You can be cutesy and remind him, by maybe txting a photo from the event? But plenty of people will pipe up and say "I dont CHASE, that's their job as the man." But one person's "persistent" is another person's "creepy", and one person's "enthusiasm" is another person's "desperate/clingy". So I dont really know what works best, just throwing stuff out there.

Old 10-31-2022, 01:43 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,563,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
I thought the same. It was a party but kissing someone he just met?

Maybe he's a bit embarrassed about his forward behavior?

Being out of the dating scene for many years, I have no idea what the new rules are.

The last time I was single and dating I was 30. If something like that had happened to me I would expect to hear from him.

If he didn't I'd be confused but just shrug it off and carry on. If you get reaction like that from men though you should be fine.
If something like that had happened to me, I'd have been creeped out as I've a healthy mistrust of guys who lay it on that thick and who are too handsy from the get-go. That might not be so for the O.P., who might have found the attention to be both welcome and flattering.

I definitely agree with the last part. I think that the O.P. will do fine dating "out in the wild" so long as she has an internal b.s. filter and trusts her instincts.

Old 10-31-2022, 01:50 PM

2,978 posts, read 1,647,168 times
Quote:
If something like that had happened to me, I'd have been creeped out as I've a healthy mistrust of guys who lay it on that thick and who are too handsy from the get-go. That might not be so for the O.P., who might have found the attention to be both welcome and flattering.

I definitely agree with the last part. I think that the O.P. will do fine dating "out in the wild" so long as she has an internal b.s. filter and trusts her instincts.
I don't like quick physical either, especially any kind of kissing. But I don't creep out easily especially at a public event where there are people around and I feel safe.

But I would have expected to hear from someone who said the things he said, going on a date, etc.

Old 10-31-2022, 01:55 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
If you are interested, why don't you send him a quick text and ask if he is free to meet up this next weekend (or whenever)? If you don't get a response, then you have your answer.

And I agree with others about the "3 day rule", that it is outdated, but I certainly would not worry about hearing from someone the very next day either.

Old 10-31-2022, 01:56 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:

I get it, but I wouldn't have called him handsy. I welcomed him putting his arm around me because I felt comfortable with him, however I've definitely been in situations where a man has tried to do that and it creeped me out. So I think it depends on chemistry and your comfort level with someone. One of my longest relationships was with a guy who was hugging and kissing me the night we met (so it can be genuine), so if it feels right and comfortable I don't see an issue with it.

However I will say that yes my bs filter was activated lol.

Old 10-31-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyandPearl View Post
I don't like quick physical either, especially any kind of kissing. But I don't creep out easily especially at a public event where there are people around and I feel safe.

But I would have expected to hear from someone who said the things he said, going on a date, etc.
I don't creep out easily, but someone who lays the complements on that thickly, that quickly, always set off alarm bells for me. (Modelling for a while when you're young does that to you, lol.) And some physicality it fine, but what the O.P. is describing...yeah. But I'm not her, and she seemed to enjoy the attention from this guy so there's that.

That being said, if he does end up calling her and asking her out, she shouldn't be surprised if he tries to move things along quickly on the physical front. Once again, if that is something that she wants at the time, go her/them. Sometimes things work out that way; other times, no so much. Such is dating at any age, eh?

Old 10-31-2022, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I get it, but I wouldn't have called him handsy. I welcomed him putting his arm around me because I felt comfortable with him, however I've definitely been in situations where a man has tried to do that and it creeped me out. So I think it depends on chemistry and your comfort level with someone. One of my longest relationships was with a guy who was hugging and kissing me the night we met (so it can be genuine), so if it feels right and comfortable I don't see an issue with it.

However I will say that yes my bs filter was activated lol.
Agreed. I've been on dates where a man has, say, touched the small of my back, and it came across as possessive and icked me out; other dates, when a man has done the same thing, it's been like "oooh, that's nice!" It's definitely a case by case sort of thing.

Hopefully, he reaches out to you sometime in the next week or so to set up a date!

Old 10-31-2022, 02:00 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,811,300 times
Quote:
I don't creep out easily, but someone who lays the complements on that thickly, that quickly, always set off alarm bells for me. (Modelling for a while when you're young does that to you, lol.) And some physicality it fine, but what the O.P. is describing...yeah. But I'm not her, and she seemed to enjoy the attention from this guy so there's that.

That being said, if he does end up calling her and asking her out, she shouldn't be surprised if he tries to move things along quickly on the physical front. Once again, if that is something that she wants at the time, go her/them. Sometimes things work out that way; other times, no so much. Such is dating at any age, eh?
I don't view him as a serious prospect, so I wouldn't mind if it was just a physical thing.

Old 10-31-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I don't view him as a serious prospect, so I wouldn't mind if it was just a physical thing.
Gotcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships