Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 06:29 AM

113 posts, read 77,456 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are sneaking up on our 25th wedding anniversary (yes, it's still possible to be married that long) and I'm racking my brain to think of a special gift(s) for her. Limited budget unfortunately, we can't go much above $500 for anything (wish I could though!). She has said she doesn't want anything which I do not believe for a split second, she deserves some really nice things after 25 years with me. Only asking for some suggestions. Thanks.

Last edited by SkypeColorado; 09-26-2015 at 06:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 07:06 AM

11,810 posts, read 12,051,803 times
Congrats!

I prefer experiences over things. They make better memories. Somewhere special you could go for a weekend?

Old 09-26-2015, 07:52 AM

277 posts, read 271,904 times
Yes, a get-away is a great idea! Or a ride in a hot air balloon. Make it memorable.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:52 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,015,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Congrats!

I prefer experiences over things. They make better memories. Somewhere special you could go for a weekend?
I agree. Go see something cool together, and take lots of pix.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:18 AM

Default now that will WORK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beweirdess View Post
Yes, a get-away is a great idea! Or a ride in a hot air balloon. Make it memorable.
Perfect idea! That would be a one of a kind gift.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,713,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkypeColorado View Post
My wife and I are sneaking up on our 25th wedding anniversary (yes, it's still possible to be married that long) and I'm racking my brain to think of a special gift(s) for her. Limited budget unfortunately, we can't go much above $500 for anything (wish I could though!). She has said she doesn't want anything which I do not believe for a split second, she deserves some really nice things after 25 years with me. Only asking for some suggestions. Thanks.
Spend the money on a get-a-way to somewhere you know she'd like. Weekend in the city or to a regional resort....Whatever her tastes are.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:50 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,814,646 times
Do you guys have a special memory from early in your relationship that you could try to recreate as much as possible? How did you meet?

My ex and I met working the night shift at IHOP and on our 20th we ate at IHOP lol--but this one was in San Francisco and when we told the waitress about meeting on the job she got a funny look and said that she was dating the cook and from the look on her face I think she was hoping they'd end up married.

Old 09-26-2015, 04:53 PM

Default an excellent idea also

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Do you guys have a special memory from early in your relationship that you could try to recreate as much as possible? How did you meet?

My ex and I met working the night shift at IHOP and on our 20th we ate at IHOP lol--but this one was in San Francisco and when we told the waitress about meeting on the job she got a funny look and said that she was dating the cook and from the look on her face I think she was hoping they'd end up married.
I really like the idea from beweirdess about a hot-air balloon ride "Yes, a get-away is a great idea! Or a ride in a hot air balloon. Make it memorable." She would get a kick out of that, also thinking of having some roses waiting for her in the balloon! Then a picnic back on the ground, perhaps dancing that evening.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:06 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,913,403 times
Quote:
I really like the idea from beweirdess about a hot-air balloon ride "Yes, a get-away is a great idea! Or a ride in a hot air balloon. Make it memorable." She would get a kick out of that, also thinking of having some roses waiting for her in the balloon! Then a picnic back on the ground, perhaps dancing that evening.
Sounds lovely.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:49 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,158,004 times
Quote:
I love the idea of an experience over a gift (always my preference). I will say a hot air balloon ride is no longer on my bucket list after hearing about several accidents over the past few years.

Happy Anniversary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships