Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 07:05 AM

303 posts, read 1,385,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
How good is the sex?
LOL!

Well... it's just alright.... when it happens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 07:12 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzumom View Post
LOL!

Well... it's just alright.... when it happens
Just curious. Guys (and gals I suppose) seem to put up with a lot of drama and garbage for good sex. Its like a giant band-aid: It helps you ignore the discomfort, makes you feel like there is healing happening and it hurts like hell when you rip it off.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:19 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,030 times
I have stayed with my husband because of my faith, my husband is Jekyll and Hyde. He too plays video games A LOT, is verbally abusive and basically a total pain 70% of the time.

If I wasn't a christian I would have left him a long time ago. At the moment I am praying about the whole situation. You see, my faith means NOTHING if I don't live it. No point me saying I trust God if I can't trust him with this situation.

Obviously, people might thing I am crazy. But, I know God will not forsake me, he understands my situation and I await his help.

There is a limit though to what we should endure and each person must discover for themselves what that is for them. Not everyone has a strong faith and we all have our own breaking points so staying with a horrible husband is not always to be reccommended!!

Yes, I know what reaction this will get. Like I said, my faith is strong and defines my choices. But everyone is different and I acknowledge that.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihtzumom View Post
I was just wondering, how many people stay in a relationship they know won't work out long term, has serious enough issues, is loveless and/or they just know they need to end just because they don't want to be alone and/or are waiting for someone better to come along?? Is there one gender that tends to do this more?

And if so, what are any problems you see coming out of this?

And yes, this does apply to me personally.
The problems that may come out of it for you personally, are personal. What do you need out of a relationship?

Are you needy? Do you need to feel taken care of? Are you independent and need more of a business partner with perks? It really depends on you (and him). If the relationship works on a level that leaves you not wanting to move on, then it's your choice. Just make the best of it whatever you choose.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:24 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
I just don't understand people staying in relationships like that. Everyone is different; but how can you sacrifice YOUR happiness? IMO do everything you can to get out.

jennaflorrie; I know this is your faith, but do you really think God wants you to be in a relationship that makes you unhappy? That God wants you to suffer? It something everyone must choose for themself; but I just can't imagine God wanting that for anyone.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:27 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I have stayed with my husband because of my faith, my husband is Jekyll and Hyde. He too plays video games A LOT, is verbally abusive and basically a total pain 70% of the time.

If I wasn't a christian I would have left him a long time ago. At the moment I am praying about the whole situation. You see, my faith means NOTHING if I don't live it. No point me saying I trust God if I can't trust him with this situation.

Obviously, people might thing I am crazy. But, I know God will not forsake me, he understands my situation and I await his help.

There is a limit though to what we should endure and each person must discover for themselves what that is for them. Not everyone has a strong faith and we all have our own breaking points so staying with a horrible husband is not always to be reccommended!!

Yes, I know what reaction this will get. Like I said, my faith is strong and defines my choices. But everyone is different and I acknowledge that.
I think there is truth in the old adage that "God helps those that help themselves." I know this is not what you're saying but I feel like a lot of faithful people are waiting for miracles. God doesn't grant people an easy way out, he grants strength to fight.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:30 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,030 times
My trust is in God, totally. Being a Christian isn't always about sunshine and raindrops. Sometimes it's very tough. But my help is already on the way. I know it's hard to understand but I will let you know what happens because God will not let me down. It's a faith that is so, so strong, I just know that God is my helper and deliverer.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:41 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
For me personally life has always been simple. To me, if you are in a relationship that is either not good for you, unhappy, irreconcilable, etc.. then you leave it. I never would condone that anyone stay in a relationship if they are not completely happy and have not tried all avenues to be happy (i.e., counseling, etc). If you're not happy, you leave. If you have kids and you think you are doing the kids a favor by staying you're not.
Kids see and know everything even when you think they don't. Better in my opinion to have two happy homes than one unhappy home.

If you are staying because financially you can't afford to leave, that isn't a reason either. Find a way.
If you are staying because you are concerned over what friends and family will say - who cares,it's your life.

Just my honest humble opinion.

Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post

I don't think you're crazy. I understand fully. Why do you think I'm still here and struggling with whether or not to stay?

Does your husband go to church with you?

Old 06-16-2008, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I just don't understand people staying in relationships like that. Everyone is different; but how can you sacrifice YOUR happiness? IMO do everything you can to get out.

jennaflorrie; I know this is your faith, but do you really think God wants you to be in a relationship that makes you unhappy? That God wants you to suffer? It something everyone must choose for themself; but I just can't imagine God wanting that for anyone.
For starters, how do you know you will find happiness if you leave? For some of us, living by our faith is important. Is it woth compromising your beliefs to go search for happiness you migth not even find?

And with the exception of infidelity, we actually have marching orders here. The believing wife sanctifies her husband and is to live a life that is a testimony to him. This isn't really debatable to those of us who believe it. Compromising our beliefs is far worse than being in an unhappy relationship. It is my, unfortunate, circumstance that my husband decided to get his act together after commiting the one sin that ends a marriage. So I actually do have a decision to make. For many years, there was no decision to make because there had been no divorcable offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships