Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 08:31 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Artsy, grow some skin and a pair!
But pears grow hair on their skin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 08:38 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,197,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
But pears grow hair on their skin...
And your point is...? I don't recall objecting hair where it belongs.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:41 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,653,574 times
I think you had good reasons for not dating sooner. If you meet someone interesting and they ask about previous relationships just say, "nothing serious". Sometimes it is better to mature and work our some things from your childhood. Good for you for getting educated and now maybe you are ready to step out into the world. Find some good places to meet people.
Best to you
Most date in their teens but I'm not sure most are really mature enough to handle all of the issues thrown at them. At least at this age you understand more what you want and can handle most things.

Old 06-22-2008, 08:43 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,630,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And your point is...? I don't recall objecting hair where it belongs.
No, you just object to where it IS...

Old 06-23-2008, 02:04 AM

137 posts, read 543,076 times
Thank you everyone for all your thoughtful responses and kind words. I will keep in mind the advice you've given me

Old 06-23-2008, 10:24 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,405,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiezbug View Post

Guys really liked me, but I was always hesitant to take it to the next step and avoided them. But now I feel that I've matured a lot emotionally and socially due to moving away for college. So I am ready to date. I was just wondering how the outside world would view this.

HEY I was very shy and low esteem in high school.I grew out of it because of various reasons.

You say you are ready,go on that and do it and forget what people think,think about yourself.No need for them to know your history until you are ready to say.Or don't say it at all.

Guys really like me...........use that to boost your esteem.The more you are confident the more likely succeeding at dating and accepting the set backs.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:16 PM

522 posts, read 963,605 times
Wise...very wise!!!
LOL

Old 06-23-2008, 03:21 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,450,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiezbug View Post
Be honest. Would you think this woman had something wrong with her?

Yes, this woman is me.
Personally I wish I had done the same and NOT let the attachments get in the way of other priorities in life.

I applaud you, approach life with your own schedule, not what someone else says YOU should do.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM

522 posts, read 963,605 times
Seriously, only you know why you haven't dated. Surely you must, did you experience a traumatic experience as a child? Maybe divorce issues with your family?
Or did you witness something of a negative example?
Perhaps it is simply fear keeping you..???
Or was there someone that you wanted that is not available to you?
I have seen that happen to a friend of my'ne.

What ever the case may be, maybe there is something more important in your life that is simply taking precedence, it is not a sin "not" to date you know!!!
Just so you know , I had an aunt who was an absolutely fabulous cook, who sewed and made home spun quilts, they were ..and still are, beautiful.
She never had children and never married, yet she was very happy!
Go ahead and give yourself a makeover, take care of yourself, and most importantly be happy about who you are!
If you aren't , only you have the reins to change that.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:29 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,967,001 times
Regarding your aunt, some people are not relationship type people....they are happy being alone, it is their "personality" style to like being alone and self-sufficient, it not always has to do with trauma.

I like relationships but then again I've learned that most people my age do not value or appreciate them. So I've learned to be a hermit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen570 View Post
Seriously, only you know why you haven't dated. Surely you must, did you experience a traumatic experience as a child? Maybe divorce issues with your family?
Or did you witness something of a negative example?
Perhaps it is simply fear keeping you..???
Or was there someone that you wanted that is not available to you?
I have seen that happen to a friend of my'ne.

What ever the case may be, maybe there is something more important in your life that is simply taking precedence, it is not a sin "not" to date you know!!!
Just so you know , I had an aunt who was an absolutely fabulous cook, who sewed and made home spun quilts, they were ..and still are, beautiful.
She never had children and never married, yet she was very happy!
Go ahead and give yourself a makeover, take care of yourself, and most importantly be happy about who you are!
If you aren't , only you have the reins to change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships