Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 04:07 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondesexlove View Post
Well i really did love him! Its funny because some people seem to think that 15, 16 and even 17 year olds have no idea what "true" love is, but its just like that expression "when it happens.. you'll know." To this day is he needed something and he had no where else to go, I would be there in a heart beat.

I couldn't have worded that better !! It was one of the "Real-est" experiences in my whole, entire life. I know of what you speak!!!!
And, as sappy as this may sound, Dolly P's "I Will Always Love You," applies!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 04:13 PM

6,884 posts, read 11,243,693 times
Smile First Love

I'm so glad I had the traditional high school type love. It was our junior year. I worked so hard on the homecoming stuff. I had met him before. He came over the day we were working on the floats, asked me to go to the game and then out for pizza. It was so awesome, I will always remember how sweet he was. It was not his first date. We dated for about 5 months, never really knew why we broke up. The girl he dated after me he did marry.

Years later, I saw he and his wife at our high school reunion. I had just had my second child so I had been working out a lot. He was an architect. My husband and I needed to add on to our home. He offered to come over and give us plans. He came to my office first and at that time, I owned a company and had 30 people working for me. It looked impressive, I guess to him. Then he came to our home and worked on the plans. When he brought them to me a couple of weeks later, he said - I will always wonder what if - and I said - why did you break up with me in the first place? - and he said - I really don't remember. But I will always remember him in a sweet, sensitive way.

It was just a nice, sort of innocent relationship. He would walk me from class to class and we ate lunch with our crew. It was just a nice memory.

Old 06-25-2008, 04:19 PM

33 posts, read 97,028 times
i think that everyones "high school love" is so memorable in a positive way because your not in the real world yet. when you get in the real world things get very complicated and as much as you love that person, things dont always work out due to work and family and money and all that.

when you have a love in high school nothing else matters!! all you know is the love you feel. there are no complications! just the love. its sad that after high school things get complicated. but it makes that next relationship so so much stronger... yet harder! lol

Old 06-25-2008, 05:16 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,088,319 times
I dated a fair amount in high school, college and beyond but I guess, for a number of reasons, whenever things looked like they were getting too serious, I backed off.

So my first true love was my husband --and editing here after thinking it through---I'll leave it at that! DM me if have questions.

Last edited by findingmesomeday; 06-25-2008 at 05:39 PM..

Old 06-25-2008, 05:21 PM

33 posts, read 97,028 times
did he have an affair if you dont mind me asking? because as horrible as it sounds, that is something that you will NEVER get over. whenever you fight it will be in the back of your mind and it breaks your heart just as hard as when it happened.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:01 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
My first real love was in college. He was a year older and was short and so cute. I'm only 5'2" so I got to date all the short guys,,,LOL We dated over two years. I broke up for the summer since he had never dated anyone but me. Then when I wanted to get together in the fall he was hurt and didn't want to get back together. It crushed me. I learned the meaning of pineing over someone I used to wait in the dining hall just to watch him walk in. I had it bad!
He got sort of hippie (this was in the early 70's) and seemed to change. Last I heard he was selling flowers on the streets of Austin, TX. I looked him up on the Internet not too long ago and he had run for mayor of Austin I was so shocked. Would like to call and see how he is doing but I'm chicken!

Old 06-25-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
My first real love was in college. He was a year older and was short and so cute. I'm only 5'2" so I got to date all the short guys,,,LOL We dated over two years. I broke up for the summer since he had never dated anyone but me. Then when I wanted to get together in the fall he was hurt and didn't want to get back together. It crushed me. I learned the meaning of pineing over someone I used to wait in the dining hall just to watch him walk in. I had it bad!
He got sort of hippie (this was in the early 70's) and seemed to change. Last I heard he was selling flowers on the streets of Austin, TX. I looked him up on the Internet not too long ago and he had run for mayor of Austin I was so shocked. Would like to call and see how he is doing but I'm chicken!
You should go for it if you are single

Old 06-25-2008, 07:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
I looked him up on the Internet not too long ago and he had run for mayor of Austin
Speaking of discretion... Poor guy...

Old 06-25-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Speaking of discretion... Poor guy...

I just had to chuckle SierraAZ!!

Old 06-25-2008, 08:17 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,375 times
I met him in front of a convenience store. We had mutual friends. A few nights later he made sure to run into me again then asked me to a ballet. I had no desire to go, but he was cute so I agreed. We fell in love, and I do believe he did love me. Just over a month later I ended up pregnant. He began to pull away. I found out shortly after that he had molested his 1-year-old niece. Obviously, we broke up. He never tried to contact me or my daughter after that. When my husband filed for adoption my ex threatened to not go through with it because the adoption wasn't happening fast enough for him.

Now he lives in Baltimore with his new wife who probably has no idea he's a child molester, and I can't tell her because it happened before Megan's law so his records are sealed and I have no proof. Without proof, I'm too afraid he'd come after my daughter so I can't do it. I wish I could.

Nice story, eh? I fell for a real winner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships