Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:08 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,263,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Me, too... That's why I've been debating whether to waste my time on the subject or not... I don't believe he really wants to hear about the other side of the story.
if you have something to add that makes sense, then go ahead and give it to me. you may be right, you may be wrong. i'll be honest at least.

so, if you really think you have the other side of the arguement nailed down. if you can articulate that which my wife was unable to articulate, then please, give it to me straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Me, too... That's why I've been debating whether to waste my time on the subject or not... I don't believe he really wants to hear about the other side of the story.
Ya think !! LOL

Old 07-01-2008, 09:20 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
she's not a slob. i'm just a little more of a neatnik than she is.
Then why is it a bone of contention?

Seriously, what drew you two together in the first place?

Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 PM

1,217 posts, read 4,034,103 times
She wants her man to take care of her, that's what it is. The hell with anything else. If you don't do it, then you don't love her.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
if you have something to add that makes sense, then go ahead and give it to me. you may be right, you may be wrong. i'll be honest at least.

so, if you really think you have the other side of the arguement nailed down. if you can articulate that which my wife was unable to articulate, then please, give it to me straight.
OK. Some other time. Not in the mood now.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
She wants her man to take care of her, that's what it is. The hell with anything else. If you don't do it, then you don't love her.
This thought process doesnt even fit my definition of a marriage... I hope you are being sarcastic about this...

Old 07-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Then why is it a bone of contention?

Seriously, what drew you two together in the first place?
let me put it this way - she keeps the house presentable, but i get annoyed when little things are not in order. when things are unorganized, which is a constant state of affairs, i dont go and beat her in the corner with my strap, like some people seem to think. but, i might say something like, "does every drawer in the kitchen have to be a ****ing junk drawer!?"

sorry, i dont know if i can answer your second question. but it wasnt always like this. and it's not like we're constantly fighting. it's just that when we do fight, it is triggered by something ridiculous and trivial, so that there tells me that what triggers the conflict is not what the conflict is about. for my part, i would say that over time, my patience has worn a little thin.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
let me put it this way - she keeps the house presentable, but i get annoyed when little things are not in order. when things are unorganized, which is a constant state of affairs, i dont go and beat her in the corner with my strap, like some people seem to think. but, i might say something like, "does every drawer in the kitchen have to be a ****ing junk drawer!?"
....Why not ask her if you two could pick a night and organize the drawers??

Old 07-01-2008, 09:52 PM

I am curious...if she made a list of your shortcomings and faults
what would be on it???

Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
....Why not ask her if you two could pick a night and organize the drawers??
yeah, maybe. seems a little therapudic. i've done it myself on more than one occasion. is it really too much of me to ask of her, who is home all day, to take care of it - since it's her junk anyway. and moreover, to kick her habbit of filling the drawers with so much junk - or to keep it limited to just one junk drawer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships