Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2008, 12:07 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,520 posts, read 6,327,828 times

Advertisements

Your ex may not be worth much but some of the jewelry he gave you might be. Some of the descriptions are hilarious.

Tiffany & Co
Sterling silver link bracelet with heart clasp.
$165

"I found him in BED with a woman who had been sniffing around a bit too much. He later said it wasnt as it appeared. Really? You were what, giving her an annual breast exam!?"

Ex-Boyfriend Jewelry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 04:36 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Interesting that there are engagement rings on there. Aren't engagement rings supposed to be returned if you break up?

Old 07-05-2008, 05:04 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Interesting that there are engagement rings on there. Aren't engagement rings supposed to be returned if you break up?
I think it depends on what the couple mutually agree to....I for one would return all the stuff, wouldn't want it around, nor would I have the nerve to cash it in...I feel and this is just my opinion...that he worked hard and paid a lot of money for that jewelry, so, give it back to him...although, after I caught my huband cheating....I was driving down the road, took the rings off and tossed them in some field? Was I wrong...probably, but, in the end...it felt awful good to get rid of the part of our marriage that was on my finger. LOL

Old 07-05-2008, 06:42 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think it depends on what the couple mutually agree to....I for one would return all the stuff, wouldn't want it around, nor would I have the nerve to cash it in...I feel and this is just my opinion...that he worked hard and paid a lot of money for that jewelry, so, give it back to him...although, after I caught my huband cheating....I was driving down the road, took the rings off and tossed them in some field? Was I wrong...probably, but, in the end...it felt awful good to get rid of the part of our marriage that was on my finger. LOL
I don't know why, but in a divorce, here anyway, she gets to keep her jewelry. That was the first thing my lawyer told me.

Note to self, make him buy LOTS of jewelry this time around

Old 07-05-2008, 09:59 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I don't know why, but in a divorce, here anyway, she gets to keep her jewelry. That was the first thing my lawyer told me.

Note to self, make him buy LOTS of jewelry this time around

LOL!!!!! Ohhhhh my, I'm ROFL.....

You get reps for that one babe....

opps, have to spread them around...how bout I send you some jewelry...LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships