Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 04:18 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,416,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
Well, I met this guy one night at a local pub and thought he was just the cutest thing ever. We chatted and shared a couple of kisses, but I neglected to offer my number or get his. I was bummed because I really had a spark with this guy (he's Argentine, in phenominal shape, and a great kisser too).

Anway, I was so happy last night to finally, after 6 weeks, run into him again. We chatted and flirted and he invited me to his house. Yeah, I did it, I slept with him.

I KNEW when he invited me to his house that that was all he wanted. Don't get me wrong, it was FANTASTIC, but not what I want in my life right now. I feel disappointed, cheap, and saddened. I'm not out "looking" for love, but I'm certainly open to the idea, but every guy I meet just wants a "wham, bam, thank you sam" and that's it Is dating and getting to know someone part of a bygone era?
You feel ashamed because a part of you betrayed yourself in denying what you truly want for something that makes you feel emptier inside.

Dating and getting to know someone isn't a part of a bygone era (maybe in the world of bars/pubs it is- not always) but sometimes the environment, the people we surround ourselves with makes a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2014, 03:03 PM

596 posts, read 627,813 times
Quote:
Well, I met this guy one night at a local pub and thought he was just the cutest thing ever. We chatted and shared a couple of kisses, but I neglected to offer my number or get his. I was bummed because I really had a spark with this guy (he's Argentine, in phenominal shape, and a great kisser too).

Anway, I was so happy last night to finally, after 6 weeks, run into him again. We chatted and flirted and he invited me to his house. Yeah, I did it, I slept with him.

I KNEW when he invited me to his house that that was all he wanted. Don't get me wrong, it was FANTASTIC, but not what I want in my life right now. I feel disappointed, cheap, and saddened. I'm not out "looking" for love, but I'm certainly open to the idea, but every guy I meet just wants a "wham, bam, thank you sam" and that's it Is dating and getting to know someone part of a bygone era?
It is when you make those decisions. I understand you were in the moment, but you seriously can't question society's changing morals when you're contributing to the change.

With that said, a wise family friend once told me, if you want sex, great, have sex...but own it in the morning, or make a change. I'm not saying this is a habit of yours you need to fix, but you should determine if you're going to stick to your guns in not involve in hasty, ONS sort of sex, or if you want to live in the moment with no regrets.

Own it or change it.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:10 PM

596 posts, read 627,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
C'mon now girly. You met him once, you thought he was hot and you wanted him. You finally got what you wanted. Relish in the fact that you had that totally hot guy! Seriously! Don't beat yourself up about it. You went willingly knowing this wasn't going to turn serious.
Now, if like one of our other posters you were overly bold, did the deed and then expected something serious, I might think differently of you but you know what? Guys do this all the time and NO one says Boo about it.
Maybe he's thinking hot things about you now.... ever thought about it that way??
I hate this sentiment. Who cares what men are doing!? You gonna cut yourself with razors if you here all men do that too?

If you want to have sex and be a serial dater, then fine, but do that for YOU. Not because men do it...

Old 03-06-2014, 04:29 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
Quote:

Well it sure must have been what you "wanted in my life" right now!!!!or it wouldn't have happened.
Maybe he's just as disappointed as you are...maybe he's also looking for someone to get to know better.
There can't be no "wham bam, thankyou sam, without two willing partners. If you want more, you know you can have it...you gotta shelve that lust first though, or it could get in the way.

Old 03-06-2014, 04:31 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
WHoaaa...5 year old thread...wonder if the OP ever found a friend to love and care for?

Old 03-06-2014, 05:35 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
I hate this sentiment. Who cares what men are doing!? You gonna cut yourself with razors if you here all men do that too?

If you want to have sex and be a serial dater, then fine, but do that for YOU. Not because men do it...
The OP is a man, not a girl, and the post is from 2008. It was recently resurrected by a new poster. The OP hasn't been here in ages.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:

The reason they get a wham bam thank you ma'am is because you either portray or give them the exact signals that you are willing and able to provide the acrobatics for the night. If it wasn't what you wanted then why did you do it? If he really liked you he would of found you or asked you out on a real date
I think you need to sit down with yourself and figure out what you want out of life and relationships.
Just remember nobody can make you do anything you don't want to. If the guy gets mad because you won't sleep with him 1 hr after you meet that's his problem.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:39 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,727,708 times
Default Your radar is not working ...

Quote:

There are men you fool around with and ones you keep. Your descriptions of the man fits the fool around with bill. You slept together and appeared to enjoy it. I am not sure why you feel cheap? It seemed to be a multally benefitical situation. If you really like a man and want a relationship you can't just jump in to bed with him (even Patty would tell you that ). You have to make him work for it. If he is not really interested in pursuing you .. then you probably will never maintain his interest in a relationship anyways. You live and you learn.

Old 10-09-2015, 11:45 AM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

There are men you fool around with and ones you keep. Your descriptions of the man fits the fool around with bill. You slept together and appeared to enjoy it. I am not sure why you feel cheap? It seemed to be a multally benefitical situation. If you really like a man and want a relationship you can't just jump in to bed with him (even Patty would tell you that ). You have to make him work for it. If he is not really interested in pursuing you .. then you probably will never maintain his interest in a relationship anyways. You live and you learn.
I hope after 7 years the OP is over this.

What is up with the zombies? ?

Old 10-09-2015, 03:27 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,398,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post

so you play games with guys and withhold sex? Or you could just pick better guys that are looking for the same thing and wont leave after sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships