Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 10:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari4him View Post
However, I have also encountered people that as you describe just take it too far and are frustrating in their inability to make a decision.
That's me... Reasons I can think of off the top of my head:

- wanna-be perfectionist
- too many wrong decisions under the belt
- too much choice
- too much Internet
- limited financial resources; thus, trying to avoid costly mistakes
- general liking of fine things - champagne taste on a beer budget
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 PM

123 posts, read 351,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishP7 View Post
Amen to this! Princess, once you came to this realization, how did you proceed to allow things to roll off your shoulders?

I'm at a stage in my life where, I know I mind screw everything and its making me sick..literally!! Any advice? Literal advice..step one, two, three..lol..I've tried so many things but nothing works. This is one of the many reasons why I moved to Orlando to just relax my mind and move at a sloooowwweerr pace, just take liffffeeee aasss iit comes. WELL ITS NOT WORKING!!
LOL

First and foremost, kudos to you for wanting to make the change!

Do you typically analyse people and the things they say or when it comes to paperwork and stuff?

I used to over analyze people a lot only to realized that not everyone matches our assumptions.

So now if a guy text me a long msg, I try not to read to his 'subtle' comments or things like that. I make it known that people have to be direct with me, else I will just assume things and I suck at it - they usually prefer the first option. ;D

It's good to be meticulous at work though. Tell your colleagues you are a very factual, statistics person and let them know your expectations.
(Just don't be too anal about everything especially if you are in part of team - gets on people's nerves in the long run.)

Old 07-23-2008, 12:07 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Let's just say when I analyze something, people tell me to stop with the "ANALysis".

Old 07-23-2008, 01:01 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
I was shooting pool with my youngest son the other night and he asked my niece something that sent her into a 3 minute rant that had both of us on the floor laughing. He does question a lot which doesn't bother me but it had her spewing why do some pool tables have green felt, why don't pool halls have short pool cues for short people and on and on...lol

Anyway do you over analyze things of if not does it drive you crazy if other people do?
Hmmmm she sounds like my husband. She's not a Scorpio by any chance is she? LOL

My husband over analyzes EVERYTHING. No, I'm NOT kidding.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-23-2008, 05:55 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,181 times
Quote:
I hear ya!

By the way, congratulations on your New Husband/Venture in life!
Thanks

Old 07-23-2008, 05:59 AM

1,244 posts, read 3,226,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's me... Reasons I can think of off the top of my head:

- wanna-be perfectionist
- too many wrong decisions under the belt
- too much choice
- too much Internet
- limited financial resources; thus, trying to avoid costly mistakes
- general liking of fine things - champagne taste on a beer budget
I'm with you on those too. LOL.

I also have a few of the following...

- sometimes I worry too much of what others will think of the outcome
- if the decision involves lives of others, I over analyze the affect on them
- I tend to look a lot at what caused a situation, not just the situation, believe you gotta deal with the root, not just the superficial, otherwise it's like simply putting a bandaid on an infected wound without treating the wound.

Old 07-23-2008, 07:42 AM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
How do you take things as they are if you don't have the answers? Thats like saying the sky is blue because it is..but theres a reason why the sky is blue. No?
Does the reason matter - unless of course you're a science teacher or meteorologist?

Here's a trick - sit down and think about what really matters in life. You'll start off with a big list. Keep whittling it down. Take your time. You'll end up with very few actual things that matter- friends, love, family, food, kinky sex...

Everything else? Gravy, pure and simple.

One of my favorite characters, Sherlock Holmes (talk about ANALysis!), upon being informed by Watson that the Earth circled the Sun and not vice-versa, responded "What the deuce difference does it make to me or my work?!?"

I like to try to keep that perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships