Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:00 AM

10 posts, read 125,364 times

Advertisements

Serious question from a white women's perspective.

I have seen white, hispanic, asian, and native american women. Who date or only date black dudes. 75% of the time they date a dark brown or darkskin black male and not a lightskin male. I have several puerto rican, flipino, japanese, italian, columbian, and white girlfriends. And almost all their black boyfriends, or husbands are darker brown skin.

On the flip side, Most white, hispanic, and asian guys. When they name black girls they're attracted to. It's halle berry, beyonce, mariah carey, or vanessa williams are beautiful and pretty. Basically never a darkskin black women but always lighter skin.

Why the double standard when it comes to beauty? Why are men allowed to be darker but not women.

I'm a white women who mostly like's brown skin or darker skin black males. Even though i think Chris brown is a cutie.

Old 08-10-2008, 12:11 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times
I would like to believe that white women who date interracially find light skin black men attractive too. I don't know what to say, but there's a lot of girls who are really picky.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:23 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouthga View Post

I have seen white, hispanic, asian, and native american women. Who date or only date black dudes. 75% of the time they date a dark brown or darkskin black male and not a lightskin male. I have several puerto rican, flipino, japanese, italian, columbian, and white girlfriends. And almost all their black boyfriends, or husbands are darker brown skin.

On the flip side, Most white, hispanic, and asian guys. When they name black girls they're attracted to. It's halle berry, beyonce, mariah carey, or vanessa williams are beautiful and pretty. Basically never a darkskin black women but always lighter skin.

Why the double standard when it comes to beauty? Why are men allowed to be darker but not women.

I'm a white women who mostly like's brown skin or darker skin black males. Even though i think Chris brown is a cutie.
To me, the features of very dark skinned women just blend in. Features are less noticable except for the eyes. To me they look beautiful if they have beautiful eyes.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:56 AM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
dark skin men look more masculine

during primitive times the dark skin males with dark eyes made the best hunters, better providers for the women.

maybe the women feel more secure with a masculine man to protect them

light or pale skin looks less masculine on a man than a woman.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:36 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
dark skin men look more masculine

during primitive times the dark skin males with dark eyes made the best hunters, better providers for the women.

maybe the women feel more secure with a masculine man to protect them

light or pale skin looks less masculine on a man than a woman.
It's that stereotype/pheromone thing we've been listening to for years/decades/centuries: dark prince/fair maiden. Enough said.

Regarding blacks specifically, whiter black males are dismissed as not being black enough and dark, dark women whose features are too Negroid are not viewed as attractive enough, and both of these camps are pi$$ed about it, as this is the topic of many talk shows I've seen while in college and grad school.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
I am one that doesn't think dark skin black males are attractive. No offense.

I've seen some dark skin black ladies that are pretty but possibly too unique for USA???

Old 08-10-2008, 01:58 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouthga View Post

Have you noticed that the dark skinned black guys all have incredible bodies? They all seem to have very very little body fat and lots of natural muscles. The majority of dark skinned black women tend to be overweight/fat/obese. Heard on the radio Friday that 71% of African American/Black women in the US are overweight.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:00 PM

1,875 posts, read 2,869,953 times
The same should go or brown or light skin black guys too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Have you noticed that the dark skinned black guys all have incredible bodies? They all seem to have very very little body fat and lots of natural muscles. The majority of dark skinned black women tend to be overweight/fat/obese. Heard on the radio Friday that 71% of African American/Black women in the US are overweight.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:25 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
The majority of dark skinned black women tend to be overweight/fat/obese. Heard on the radio Friday that 71% of African American/Black women in the US are overweight.
If one rides the subways or light rails in this country, they will see some large black mamas on there. No offense, folks, but there are some BIG ones...and some big white ones, too.*

*not at all good for their blood pressure, cholesterol, nor glucose

Old 08-10-2008, 02:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
It really baffles me how 71% of black women can be overweight but its like 90% of the men who are like well below the average man when it comes to bf %.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships