Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2008, 02:37 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,273,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I'm one step away my friend
At least go for benzodiazipams...they work quicker!!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:35 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,936,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Haha!! I went to college there and so did my brother. See, if we can be friends why can't everyone else?? No, we did not just jump on the World Series bandwagon but I have noticed MANY more sox hats lately

Actually, my daughter had just turned 3 at the time of the 2004 series and she had a "magic" wand that she ran through the house with saying her magic spell about the Sox winning nad sure enough, it worked!! We still have the wand, so watch out
Oh OK, so you have some ties to Boston.

I need to hire someone to find that magic wand and steal it.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Oh OK, so you have some ties to Boston.

I need to hire someone to find that magic wand and steal it.
We talked about sending it Theo Epstein for the Red Sox Museum...wouldn't that be funny??

I have not been keeping up much since Ramirez left...WTH??? I love him! The Sox lose everyone after a while! I almost cried when Damon left nad now he looks like a dork with the Yankee haircut

Old 09-12-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah... the permanent weekenders... rub it in... rub it in!
I think I am a permanent wacko!! not weekender

Old 09-12-2008, 03:56 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,758,025 times
Today I skipped Osteology Lab and a Linguistic Anthropology class. I went and had margaritas with a grad school friend of mine and she and I commiserated about how rough our week was (17 credit hours this semester for me). It was blissful. The S.O. doesn't get how stressful my college career can be at times, especially now that I'm in in grad school and expectations are higher. I'm a few top shelf margaritas happier than I was a couple of hours ago!

Old 09-12-2008, 03:56 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,936,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
We talked about sending it Theo Epstein for the Red Sox Museum...wouldn't that be funny??

I have not been keeping up much since Ramirez left...WTH??? I love him! The Sox lose everyone after a while! I almost cried when Damon left nad now he looks like a dork with the Yankee haircut
More shocking than Ramirez leaving is that he's now playing for a Joe Torre team.

Damon now looks like a respectable human being with his kempt hairdo.

One of my friends joked that when Damon was with the RS, he looked like Jesus.

Old 09-12-2008, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,471 times
Unhappy Hi

Its nice to see someone is Happy. I was born to be happy...I'm now married to my teenage honey bun with three kids and one on the way. I love them all but today would have been happier if I could learn to be happy alone.
My husband is up and down like a yo yo with me and I've been putting up with it for absolutely years and years. We've been together 10 yrs but married only 3 and since we got married it has been a nightmare. We have had some happy times however its crazy cos everything is such an issue with him. He feels I don't appreciate him, but I do. I've been little selfish at times but I started having children as a teenager and had to grow up quick missing loads of bits on the way... no excuses and I take accountability for where I've fallen short but he won't let me forget it. He calls me slag, ***** when he's fed up, blames me for his futility but when you look at all the men in his family they are all very futile..actually all but one who has managed to worm his way out of the clutches of the cursed house they all go to every single day. He used to come to church now he's not interested and has started to hang around with his old, unfaithful, immature cheating friends who are so immoral..and now when I speak he calls me boring..only because I see the things he used to view as immoral and am able to feel the same but he now chooses to see things from such a different prospective. He always has something negative to say and I have become so much more negative and don't seem to be able to get anything done by myself as he has put me down so much. I used to be so independant and knew what I was doing and where I was going...but know I stall, I am also futile and I can't seem to push past and I used to pray and pray til I couldn't cry any more but now I feel so bored of saying the same thing. I know you originally posted a happy thread so I pray you'll have happy words for me. My hubby is going away in a week or so and I can't wait..but when he's gone I know I'll miss him like crazy..he'll be calling we'll get on and he'll come back be nice for a couple of days and it'll be the same. I really want things to get better but its always so fake and temporary..even on my birthday he'll be so lovely but by the evening he'll expect me to repay him for his niceness with sex, or acting the way he thinks a grateful wife should be. I have so little faith not in God but in this and I so want it to work..I've messed up many times and been a little unambitious or at times over ambitious but this marriage has changed me for the worse and I don't want this anymore..my mum was married for 18 years then divorced and it was a waste of her time..she was unhappy always manipulated and seeing that I always thought I'd never let myself get in a marriage like this full of abuse and hate...I can't help but to wonder why God has let me get in this mess..I'm so young and feel so alone I'm fed up of telling people cos its boring and they tell me to pray or I feel I'll be rebuked and told that I have brought a lot of it on myself. I need help and feel I'm going crazy..I'm snappy, cranky and tired and I know I'm no fun around him no more cos I can't be myself I'm not sure if I can say what I want cos I know he'll take it in wrong way and I'm so busy trying to be wise and behave how all the different people I'm around say a wife is supposed to act I don't know who I am.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:00 PM

697 posts, read 2,017,280 times
I made it through another day, to wait again tomorrow.

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-12-2008 at 05:31 PM.. Reason: Closed for Mod review

Old 09-12-2008, 06:10 PM

2,919 posts, read 6,837,050 times
Moderator note: Let's keep the responses to the topic of "What did you do today that made you happy?"

And avoid commenting on "discussions" that occurred in another area of the forum...

Thank-You. LadyRobyn

Old 09-12-2008, 06:13 PM

Thank you LadyRobyn...we will be on our best behavior!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships