Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 05:43 PM

754 posts, read 1,922,775 times

Advertisements

"At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too."

This is the sentence in the OP that gets me; and everyone seems to have overlooked.... She has his e-mail address and they have exchanged e-mails. What is the "it" to which he refers?

This smells. If you want to cheat on your wife - just do so and don't try to get someone on City Data to make excuses for you. I can just see you, reading all the post until you find the one you want to hear - then bingo - off to the races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 05:50 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Transplant View Post
A lady I met at one of my classes, came up to me afterwords and invited me to lunch. She thought I had such good ideas in class that she wanted to discuss them with me over a meal.

I thought it was so incredibly bold to come up to me and ask me to lunch with so little upfront interaction.

Being middle aged and married, I was also a little impressed that a very pretty woman fifteen years younger than me would think I am interesting and was easy to talk to. At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too.

Any time someone is attractive and younger the sexual side comes into play doesn't it, even if there was no impression on her part that this would be an issue. Maybe she just wanted to communicate with someone new.

What is your impression?
Ask your wife and see what she thinks. Dont ask strangers in a discussion form because it doesnt matter what we say or think. Just ask your wife.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:53 PM

422 posts, read 757,083 times
Quote:
A lady I met at one of my classes, came up to me afterwords and invited me to lunch. She thought I had such good ideas in class that she wanted to discuss them with me over a meal.

I thought it was so incredibly bold to come up to me and ask me to lunch with so little upfront interaction.

Being middle aged and married, I was also a little impressed that a very pretty woman fifteen years younger than me would think I am interesting and was easy to talk to. At this point it is just at the email stage. She is married too.

Any time someone is attractive and younger the sexual side comes into play doesn't it, even if there was no impression on her part that this would be an issue. Maybe she just wanted to communicate with someone new.

What is your impression?

Dude do yourself a favor and don't be weak and leave this female alone, that's how those shows "snapped" start lol, seriously though leave this woman alone....don't say I didn't warn you.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:39 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,918,266 times
Quote:

What is your impression?

If I were you, I would. Don't let your wife keep you from meeting new people. Jesus Christ, it seems like so many people think that once you're married you can't do anything without the other. It doesn't matter what her age is or how attractive she is. Go on atleast one lunch with her to see what it's about. One lunch can't hurt unless you let it or want it too.

Not saying your wife is controlling but yea man, I don't see a problem unless you let it be one. I would do it. I love meeting new people.

If my wife/girlfriend said a co-worker(opposite sex) asked them out for lunch I wouldn't have a problem with it. I wouldn't worry about it and trust her judgement.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:42 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:

What is your impression?

It's these type of posts that make marriage "OVERRATED"

Old 08-31-2009, 06:43 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
What if she was a plain homely overweight lady 15 years older than me, who had no sex appeal. Would your response be any different?
The responses are dependent upon you. Nobody here knows what she looks like. Who knows what it is you find attractive; that's not what's at issue as far as I can tell. You obviously care what she looks like. Since you are attracted to her then you should not be going any where with this woman. If you were not attracted to her it wouldn't be an issue imo.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
It's these type of posts that make marriage "OVERRATED"
What?

Old 08-31-2009, 06:46 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What?
He is married and considering going to lunch with a hot looking woman and she is married and asked him out to lunch and really didn't kno him.

So my question is why do people ven get married to begin with?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
He is married and considering going to lunch with a hot looking woman and she is married and asked him out to lunch and really didn't kno him.

So my question is why do people ven get married to begin with?
Well, there's more to life than first dates for some. A healthy, stable marriage offers quite a bit more than a first date, imo and ime.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:52 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
You folks do realize that this post is over a year old and the OP isn't a registered member?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships