Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 08:26 PM

5 posts, read 7,540 times

Advertisements

I graduated this past May..but At the beginning of the year, everything was normal between me and one of my teachers, but as the year went on, I realized that he started doing strange things, like telling other kids(as a joke), that they should not talk to me, even make eye contact with me..or one time he said in class one day, that he loved me and that I will always have a special place in his heart. He would make these little remarks like, once I saw him in the hallway and it was crowded and he came out of one of the classes and told these kids, hey you guys need get to class and clear the hallways, because there is a beautiful girl in the hallway. He saw me before graduation, he told me I looked beautiful, and said that this year has been a year he won't forget, because he feels that he has become a better person, teacher, everything because I opened his eyes to giving people an opportunity to succeed.The year was full of moments like that. Now, I am starting to question how I feel about him, It's like he slowly seduced me all year? I just don't know if these 'feelings' between us are real?

I am gonna be 19 and he is gonna be 25. I have talked to some friends and some family.. and most just tell me I just took what he said wrong, and I should forget it..but everytime I get convinced, yeah..it probobly didn't mean anything..or he didnt mean what he said like that, something else happens..and it makes me think otherwise.

As for me, in all honesty, I do like him, as we did spend a lot of time together last year, but I just can imagine what other people would say, and Its sort of like, my heart tells me one thing, but the reality of the way people think makes me feel like I have to think otherwise. I don't want either of us to get a bad reputation, and I know that people could think things happened before Graduation. I mean, he told me at the end of the year, that he did like me, and hoped that any guy that dates me, realizes how lucky he really is. I really dont know if these feelings are 'real' or if my mind is just playing tricks on me.

I caught up with my teacher recently.. and it was at school and when he saw me, he told me, 'hey..before you leave, you have to check out my office..you haven't been up there yet.' So, He went to class and I went up to see what he was talking about, and he had this little sign thing ( that I started as a joke with acouple of other teachers as well), and its just this lil paper sign that will say like...WHAT, or Confused, or HuH? and I like hold them up during classes...its really more of an inside joke with the people at my school, but it saved me from having to raise my hand or call out every 5 min. when I was in a class that I never understood anything..lol..and a lot of other people started doing it too..but Its all out of fun...and he had the sign that I had for his class last year framed, and then he had this pic. of us that I gave him at the end of the year, framed too. Like I said, the sign..I could see framed..cause most of the other teachers who I have done this with..framed their's too...haha..but the picture kinda shocked me...I was like...huh? I mean, I gave any teacher that I had taken a photo with at the end of the year, a copy of the pic. and some of them tacked it on the wall, or just have it like leaning on something in their office, or some just took it home, but I was surprised that he framed it...I was like..wow..really was not expecting that. Should I just take that as a compliment, that he doesn't want the pic getting messed up, or take that as something...weird??? Its like the only two things he has up too..like he doesnt have any other things up in his office yet. Part of me says, wow, thats nice of him, and then the other part is like...alittle strange.

What do you guys think?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 03:48 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,235,190 times
It seems like a come on.
I'm a playa myself but I make sure that the women I pursue know that I'm not really looking for a serious relationship.
I just don't think that a teacher should pursue (or flirt with) 1 of his students even when he is serious.
He would be violating lotsa trust issues between students, teachers and parents.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:39 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,456,213 times
I agree. Even if you like his attention, it is very very wrong for a teacher to flirt with one of his students. Even if he knows you are about to graduate; it is absolutely wrong.

Look how confused you are feeling right now.

Some girls might handle it differently and cross the line. This is what people call a red flag, or a warning that someone isn't behaving correctly. Get away from him and stay away from him completely.

You don't have to complain to the authorities, just get away so you can get on with your life and meet guys who are allowed to date you.

Old 08-29-2008, 04:56 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
I smell a fish! *Heads up!*

Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
I find his behavior awfully creepy and inappropriate. I believe that he will find another student to focus on next year.

Have fun and meet someone your age and on your emotional and mental level. You're still a teenager in most ways while he's truly a grown man. Dont make that mistake.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 AM

306 posts, read 1,161,922 times
He should be turned in. No teacher should EVER speak to a student like this. EVER. Turn the guy in and walk away. He is a massive creep. Please turn him in. Think of the girls in the future when he is 40 trying to hit on teenagers.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:37 AM

123 posts, read 295,539 times
he's got a crush on you

Old 08-29-2008, 05:39 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,376,537 times
Did he have to excuse himself a lot during class, walk hunched over or carry a book in front of him?

Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 AM

123 posts, read 295,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcm58 View Post
Did he have to excuse himself a lot during class, walk hunched over or carry a book in front of him?
lol - he's 25

Old 08-29-2008, 06:37 AM

1,715 posts, read 6,981,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrisa3636 View Post
What do you guys think?!?
That you're trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships