Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 09:40 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times

Advertisements

Would it be wrong for me to hang up on my best friend right now??? She is considering getting back together with her almost ex husband...her life with him has been nothing shy of a Lifetime movie...sheesh. I'll see you in a few years at the rate I'm going

Old 03-03-2009, 09:41 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Would it be wrong for me to hang up on my best friend right now??? She is considering getting back together with her almost ex husband...her life with him has been nothing shy of a Lifetime movie...sheesh. I'll see you in a few years at the rate I'm going
Sometimes being a true friend means doing things you don't like.

JMHO.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sometimes being a true friend means doing things you don't like.

JMHO.
This has been going on OVER a year!!!!!! I should be getting paid for the hours I have put in In the beginning we would get on the phone at 10pm and get off at 5am...

He had an affair, drug issues, gambling debts, physically abusive, alcohol abuse so bad he has black outs for days, he runs off for days when he gets busted for bad behavior...he is a piece of trash. Sorry, but true.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
This has been going on OVER a year!!!!!! I should be getting paid for the hours I have put in In the beginning we would get on the phone at 10pm and get off at 5am...

He had an affair, drug issues, gambling debts, physically abusive, alcohol abuse so bad he has black outs for days, he runs off for days when he gets busted for bad behavior...he is a piece of trash. Sorry, but true.
Black outs for days.

Thought I drank too much LOL.

Pissy Polly with the piece of trash talk.

Sounds like he's a real keeper.

Mom must be proud.

You know I find that simple bit of logic to be a simple guide.

Don't do anything you wouldn't want you're mother to see.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
I take it that's the one you had all these "adventures" with... Oh, well, it does come to prove a lot of things many don't wanna admit around here...

Old 03-03-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Black outs for days.

Thought I drank too much LOL.

Pissy Polly with the piece of trash talk.

Sounds like he's a real keeper.

Mom must be proud.

You know I find that simple bit of logic to be a simple guide.

Don't do anything you wouldn't want you're mother to see.
Ugh, his mother is just as bad This guy, IMO, is a sociopath. Seriously.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to sit with her children while she drove aimlessly looking for his drunk rear in a ditch...

I am getting too old for this, I swear.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Ugh, his mother is just as bad This guy, IMO, is a sociopath. Seriously.

I cannot tell you how many times I have had to sit with her children while she drove aimlessly looking for his drunk rear in a ditch...

I am getting too old for this, I swear.
Now that you mention children.

Thats' a different story. People can be silly all day long. Once you get kdis invovled that changes things.

My mother was silly with men and as a kid I saw her have abusive men in her life.

Even as a kid I never understood the drama people willingly put themselves through.

Tell her to grow up and take care of her kids and ditch the loser.

as always JMHO.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:

as always JMHO.
It's not as easy as it sounds to some people, Chow. Human souls are complex and have many idiosyncrasies. Sometimes another person may fulfill some very specific needs and that makes the rest of his/her behavior ignorable or tolerable. It's an addiction. Speaking from experience...

Old 03-03-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I take it that's the one you had all these "adventures" with... Oh, well, it does come to prove a lot of things many don't wanna admit around here...
Yes, this is my buddy who I have adventures with...

She is coming to her senses now...or it seems that way...

Old 03-03-2009, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Now that you mention children.

Thats' a different story. People can be silly all day long. Once you get kdis invovled that changes things.

My mother was silly with men and as a kid I saw her have abusive men in her life.

Even as a kid I never understood the drama people willingly put themselves through.

as always JMHO.
Yes, the children are a mess right now. She is afraid to let them go stay with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships