Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:20 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

well you don't have to brag about it, some of us don't have goals or careers and you need to be sensitive to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
....my career and fitness goals are much more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 08:21 PM

Well you don't have to boast and brag about it. I'm not the President of anything and that really stinks.... sniff sniff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
I'm not only the President - I'm a client, too!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:30 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,666,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
This is an interesting thread, though I seldom do more than observe this forum.

I, also, am a loner. I have a good job with cool co-workers, and live right on the compound for work, but when social events happen, I usually bow out...and I absolutely HATE it when people "drop by" my place un-announced or un-planned. I am pretty darn comfortable on my own, and have learned to do lots of things by myself (fish, hunt, drive my skiff, etc.).

I must say, as I get a bit older (31 now) I do have some moments of lonlieness. But if I were to meet someone now, how difficult would it be to adjust to sharing space/time/always having that someone else around?? Anyone been through that? It's a little scary. I'm eligible enough that I believe I could still find the right person but I don't want to be so inflexible and set in my ways by the time I meet him that I drive him away!
Do you date?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:31 PM

most likely not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Do you date?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:47 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Well you don't have to boast and brag about it. I'm not the President of anything and that really stinks.... sniff sniff
But you're the Master of your Domain...

Old 09-23-2008, 08:49 PM

I'm gonna be the dungeon master if you don't be nice to me and give me compliments

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
But you're the Master of your Domain...

Old 09-23-2008, 08:52 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,624,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm gonna be the dungeon master if you don't be nice to me and give me compliments
Ooh, oh, um...you're handsome and witty and smart and sexy.

There - that should save me from Perdition for a while...

Old 09-26-2008, 06:53 PM

1,684 posts, read 3,956,019 times
Default purple people needers

I don't know what my title would be, maybe, Comfortable. I was a late in life baby and my father was a travelling sales rep, gone Mon thru Fri. so it was just my mom and I most of the time. She is the rock in my life. I can occupy myself in many ways, reading, needlework, cross stitch, crochet, computer, tv or just the quiet. I was raised to be able to occupy myself without needing others to entertain me, this is generally not the norm now a days. Most people need the interaction and stimulation of others.

I worked in Atlanta for many years and after battling the traffic and the attitudes of my co workers and others for that long, I crave solitude. I used to walk a park near my house and sit on the bank of a large creek, until the kayakers found it then the noise was there too.

I moved to Charlotte, live in a small quiet suburb, in a small apartment with 2 cats, have a nice patio overlooking a pond and creek and it peaceful. My friends pick at me about the quiet.....

When I want to, I am very social, life of the party, but when I'm alone, I enjoy the peace.

Guess this sounds like a personals ad, but its my life.......

Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,831,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
I don't know what my title would be, maybe, Comfortable. I was a late in life baby and my father was a travelling sales rep, gone Mon thru Fri. so it was just my mom and I most of the time. She is the rock in my life. I can occupy myself in many ways, reading, needlework, cross stitch, crochet, computer, tv or just the quiet. I was raised to be able to occupy myself without needing others to entertain me, this is generally not the norm now a days. Most people need the interaction and stimulation of others.

I worked in Atlanta for many years and after battling the traffic and the attitudes of my co workers and others for that long, I crave solitude. I used to walk a park near my house and sit on the bank of a large creek, until the kayakers found it then the noise was there too.

I moved to Charlotte, live in a small quiet suburb, in a small apartment with 2 cats, have a nice patio overlooking a pond and creek and it peaceful. My friends pick at me about the quiet.....

When I want to, I am very social, life of the party, but when I'm alone, I enjoy the peace.

Guess this sounds like a personals ad, but its my life.......
Good for you! You sound a lot like me. I am always busy doing something. I don't know why people get bored if they are not around people. When I was a teenager was the only time I really wanted to party!

Old 09-26-2008, 07:13 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,831,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
I have friends who think I'm nuts for doing so much by myself, going on cruises, road trips, etc. Am I expected to just sit at home because I'm single?

I also have well-meaning friends who want to fix me up with any single guy they know. Heck, he's single, I'm single, what more do we need? The fact that their single guy acquaintance is short, old, fat, bald, and works at Walmart doesn't seem to matter to them. If we're both single, that's all that counts apparantly.

Many of my friends are in less than happy marriages but to them, my single status is worse. Personally, I'd rather be single than married to a guy who spends more time with his baseball buddies than me, and doesn't help out around the house, or pay me any attention except when he wants sex. At least I get to do what I want, when I want.

I do hope to find someone special someday, but he's going to have to fit into my life without having to change who I am to fit his ideals. I wouldn't try to change someone so I expect the same consideration in return. I'm pretty easy going, but I just won't put up with being treated like cr*p for the sake of being married.
I travel alone too and love it. I am not tied down to anyone and can do what I want. I still chat with people, but I don't have to be with them. Traveling alone is so much fun. People think I am crazy too, especially men. I don't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships