Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:21 PM

2 posts, read 5,568 times

Advertisements

Just found out my bf has been dating someone else. We are no longer together. I thought our relationship was great. Why do men look elsewhere when they have something so good at home?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 01:24 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,874,885 times
I think men usually cheat for sex.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Sorry to hear .........

I don't think it's just men.....women cheat too but anyway ~ Ever heard of "new cow syndrom"? With some men I like to think of it as a chemical imbalance.....too much testosterone not enough heart. These men ultimatly lead sad lives as they find out over and over again the grass isn't greener on the otherside.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:26 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,700,878 times
How old is your boyfriend?

Was he charming and fun to be around? Or was he serious about college and work? Who are his role models? What is his upbringing like? Does he take care of likfe? Clean the dishes? Or just bails to do what's fun without taking care of responsibilities.

Sometimes it will depend on the stage of life they are in. This cheating boyfriend of yours now, if young, might turn into a loyal husband and father 15 years from now...

You are making assumptions that all men might cheat, and although a lot do, everyone's circumstances are different.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:30 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kycutie View Post
Just found out my bf has been dating someone else. We are no longer together. I thought our relationship was great. Why do men look elsewhere when they have something so good at home?
Real men don't.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:36 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,640,686 times
There's no easy answer to this question and it won't be the same for every guy, or woman for that matter. I was having a discussion about the economic mess America is in now and how banks got away with so much. The reason they abused the financial system is because there were no safeguards in place to keep them from doing so. People are the same way. They'll try to get away with whatever they can. Don't take that to mean you're at fault or that you somehow encouraged it. When I say people get away with what they can get away with, I mean in the eyes of society at large. I think our culture in general has a very dismissive attitude when it comes to infidelity. We all call the man who cheats a pig or the woman who cheats a ****, but in the same breath, we all downplay it saying, "Oh well, he/she isn't the first." When bad behavior becomes so common that it no longer shocks our sensibilities, that's when you know we're in trouble. In your specific case, I would take a look at who else he associates with. What are his friends like and what kind of relationships do they have? What kind of upbringing did your boyfriend have? Most people know right from wrong. When they do something they know is wrong, you have to ask why they do it anyway. But no matter what, do not look at this as a reflection on you. I know that's hard to do right now, but you need to tell yourself you're better off without this person. A woman I knew used to tell me, "Don't cry over someone who won't do the same over you."

Old 09-23-2008, 01:59 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Not to sound mean or anything but how do you know that he had something so good at home? Im just curious. He cheated (i.e., had sex with another woman) so do you think you were his everything when it came to sex? Did you do what he liked? What he asked? When he wanted to do it? How he wanted to do it? Were you into it? Did you seem bored? Were you passionate or just going through the motions?

Im a guy, and from my experience, guys do not cheat if its "so good at home". They just dont. They usually cheat because it isnt so good at home.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:15 PM

127 posts, read 442,638 times
Quote:
Because men tend to have a wondering eye

Old 09-23-2008, 02:17 PM

8,176 posts, read 18,536,066 times
He's either a player or things weren't so good for him as they were for you...

Sorry but only he can answer that.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Because they fear death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships