Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times

Advertisements

If you are all fired up then somebody needs to spray ya down with a water hose.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I just really don't like assumptions or generalizations.....they kinda get me all fired up

Old 10-06-2008, 12:54 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycamper5 View Post
Calling women dumb blondes is a sure way to get ''Hot chicks''.....then they wonder why they have no luck!
I had "dormitory sex" with the easier blondes in while in college and grad school...I only associated with intelligent women thereafter, and, for some reason, they all had dark hair. And I've rarely had a problem getting dates...they weren't 9s and 10s...they weren't ugly either...but this is what the thread talked about anyway...the 9s and 10s...who sit on a toilet seat and wipe like the rest of us.

I wouldn't call Kathleen Turner or Sharon Stone dumb blondes. Jill St. John (from one of the 007 films) has an IQ over 160. Look at their underlying accomplishments. I was calling ONE person a dumb blonde.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:57 PM

1,229 posts, read 2,912,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
I had "dormitory sex" with the easier blondes in while in college and grad school...I only associated with intelligent women thereafter, and, for some reason, they all had dark hair. And I've rarely had a problem getting dates...they weren't 9s and 10s...they weren't ugly either...but this is what the thread talked about anyway...the 9s and 10s...who sit on a toilet seat and wipe like the rest of us.
Alrighty then....Now why don't you apoligize to Lolo for calling her a dumb blonde.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:58 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,963,301 times
I am surprised by Robert's recent lack of sensitivity and concern for those that are "different".......

Quote:
Alrighty then....Now why don't you apoligize to Lolo for calling her a dumb blonde.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:08 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times
Quote:
lol.....your too sweet . It's okay though, he won't offer one and I wouldn't expect one from somone of his stature.....or lack there of in this case.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:51 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,384,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
lol.....your too sweet . It's okay though, he won't offer one and I wouldn't expect one from somone of his stature.....or lack there of in this case.
Stature: I wasn't looking for the minimum amount of respect (that is inherently due someone) based on education or job title, but only because some of us are a little bit older than you are and we like to listen to those of us who are our peers - it's pretty easy to tell who is 30s, 40s, in a setting like this. Not only that, some of us know where we came from...in my case, my parents were immigrants who barely spoke English upon arrival to the US

Lack thereof: Correct, I'm not a 9 or a 10, so I guess I am lacking

The lack of apology is because I didn't start a flame war here. You did. I wouldn't apologize to whomever went for my throat on the "would you date a stripper?" thread either. An apology is not warranted when someone lashes out at you for your opinion, viewpoint or because something you said resonates poorly with them on a personal level.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:09 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,167,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Stature: I wasn't looking for the minimum amount of respect (that is inherently due someone) based on education or job title, but only because some of us are a little bit older than you are and we like to listen to those of us who are our peers - it's pretty easy to tell who is 30s, 40s, in a setting like this. Not only that, some of us know where we came from...in my case, my parents were immigrants who barely spoke English upon arrival to the US

Lack thereof: Correct, I'm not a 9 or a 10, so I guess I am lacking

The lack of apology is because I didn't start a flame war here. You did. I wouldn't apologize to whomever went for my throat on the "would you date a stripper?" thread either. An apology is not warranted when someone lashes out at you for your opinion, viewpoint or because something you said resonates poorly with them on a personal level.
My grandparents moved here from Italy on very little money as well....but what does that have to do with this subject? Look Robert, I didn't attack you, I merely stood up for those of us whom you were deliberately and hurtfully attacking. One's looks do not determine their smarts or have any impact on what they are capable of. I'm sorry that I am not your peer and therefore apparently not on your level but I do have opinions and I will stand up for what I believe in. You may choose to listen or not, that is your choice. Just expect me, and all the other strong women on this forum, to let you know if or when we've become offended by your bias insinuations.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:18 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,085,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Listening to what? I can't really listen to them talk about their hair dye appointments too long
I really get the lyrics of "wonderful tonight" my relationship with her devolved into that. Her looking great and guys wishing they were me. And us being late because she spent two hours before in the bathroom, and would come up to me to simply ask if she looked all right and then wander back off. It was how she occupied her nights, that and lifetime network. We never talk anymore, we didn't for years before the breakup, it's like i died in her eyes. It crushed me for a few years, and then I got better. I wanted to get even. And then I stopped drinking! And now I've gotten even in a much better way...I got on with my life and learned not to be about others, but myself first but not as vane as that sounds. I don't care what others think, I don't need to be with a beauty to make myself feel good. I actually listen to women now, and have conversations with them. I don't just see them as tonights hook up like I used to. I might go out with my biker chick friends for a few days, and just hang out with them, no sex coming whatsoever and ignore any advances because tonight I'm with them. I enjoy my BF theresas company. She makes me laugh till it hurts. I have encounters with "hot" women, I would never marry one tho! I would rather find a nice blue jean girl, something like the woman at the end of survivor with tom hanks. I would want a friend first in a long term relationship, and not just a trophy. BTDT

Old 10-06-2008, 03:45 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,478,514 times
Default Not The Average

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I really get the lyrics of "wonderful tonight" my relationship with her devolved into that. Her looking great and guys wishing they were me. And us being late because she spent two hours before in the bathroom, and would come up to me to simply ask if she looked all right and then wander back off. It was how she occupied her nights, that and lifetime network. We never talk anymore, we didn't for years before the breakup.It crushed me for a few years, and then I got better. I actually listen to women now, and have conversations with them. I don't just see them as tonights hook up like I used to. I might go out with my biker chick friends for a few days, and just hang out with them, no sex coming whatsoever and ignore any advances because tonight I'm with them.I have encounters with "hot" women, I would never marry one tho! I would rather find a nice blue jean girl, something like the woman at the end of survivor with tom hanks. I would want a friend first in a long term relationship, and not just a trophy.
Again,I'm well aware of what those type are like...Lifetime and all
Matter of fact it's like they're manufactured from the same cloth...Lifetime,Friends,ER and so on. I only need to hear one of those things and I know what I've got on my hands.
You're right though,ideally I look for someone not the average. But that combo is almost impossible to find...
However what I'd be looking for is not really to get into shallow type conversations with them,but only to be around for looks(like Hef but younger and poorer)...and hearing them talk for a bit usually is a turn off for me eventually anyway.
Which is probably why I've not bothered to pursue anything with any of them.
As far as you hanging out with your chick friends,I agree with the line from When Harry Met Sally...'men and women can't just be friends because the sex part always gets in the way'...It's rare I have a female friend I've not thought about sex with,although afterwards maybe

Old 10-06-2008, 08:02 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,610,853 times
Lola, aren't you a redhead anyway? I'm surprised you haven't been attacked yet for being Catholic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.