Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,630,923 times

Advertisements

haha, well in my book you're one awesome girl already. It's VERY hard for a guy to meet a girl who doesn't want kids. Almost none of my guy friends want kids at all, but a few of them may get talked into it. They aren't as adamant about no kids as I am, I mean a few of them, but they're adamant they wouldn't want kids until they are 35 to 40 at least. That's pretty common and understandable in upwardly mobile guys, however. One of them won't even get finished with medical school until late 20s and he won't be established in his career until probably early-to-mid 30s.

I am also very adamant about it. It seems you probably understand / share one of my great fears, then, which is that I am dating a great girl, she really seems awesome, and I'm excited to have found someone who seems to be on the same page... then suddenly, she changes her mind, and says, "Well, look, yeah I said I'd be fine with having no kids because I always thought you were going to change your mind when you got older! I didn't think you'd just be stubborn about it forever! I want kids and if you don't, then we're not going to work out." I can see that one coming already, and she'd be right -- I'd get a divorce / dump her faster than you can say "Yesterday's news."

Oh the other one that I'm sure you hear all of the time, because I get this one constantly. "Oh but you're so young, haha, that's cute, I didn't want kids either when I was your age. Don't worry you'll change your mind one day, everyone wants kids eventually." No, they don't. Some people don't want kids ever, and don't like kids, I know this is tough to understand for people but we don't all think kids are a "miraculous blessing." Some of us think it's a curse worse than the Cubs 100 years without a World Series victory

I told one of my friends, because he did this one to me on religion ("Oh one day I'm sure you'll find God, you'll become a Christian, you're a smart guy so I'm sure you'll come around"), "What if I were to say, 'Oh you think Hitler was a horrible person? That's funny, I'm sure one day you'll change your mind and realize his greatness!'" Uhh, it's really insulting to tell other people they will change their minds, as if your views are right and one day they'll come to see things your way just because you are so sure you're right, everyone will agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 01:49 AM

630 posts, read 1,294,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chey2u View Post
What I loved about being a woman was being pregnant. I loved everything about it especially when he was born. I would have tons of kids if that were Gods plan. I currently love make up, perfume, clothes and sex.

What I do not like about being a woman is my complete hysterectomy at age 28. I only had 1 baby and wanted several more. That was so long ago they would do things differently now I am sure. I currently dislike getting older and hair graying up so I have to color it. I hate having to do the grocery shopping and cooking when I do not feel like it. I am the wife that does everything for her husband and love 99% of it but when I do not feel well I still have to do it. Not that he makes me, I make me so I guess it is my own darn fault.

In general I love just about everything about being a woman. We are the strong ones in so many ways. No offense guys I know you are physically strong buy I do not believe a man could bear giving birth. We are multi taskers. We rock! yeah baby!

thats awsome, the ability to produce a human being is truly an awsome thing.
People who have never given birth or who haven't obviously grown up to appriciate
how a life can be formed don't understand and are ignorant. I also have to agree about
strength. Women are EXTREMELY strong. Thats just the way we roll. Not
only do we give birth which is extremily painful, but loosing the amounts of blood we
do every month while working physical jobs especially - hard for men to understand
and i highly doubt they would know how to handle it as well, the strain of supporting
an entire family while holding the breadwinning job in todays age is pretty proven. We
overcome obstacles. We endure hardships. We survive.And nothing and no one will bring
us down. Anyone who thinks differently is as serious as a box of bullocks. If you want a good example of women having to endure tough things, look at the IDF and how they recruit their citizens which include their women eho might I add actually see battle.
The Isreali defense forces train for extremes and has about 75% more actual combat experience than our very own military.
They have seen battle 24/7 for as long as the history books go back.They are brutes when it comes to their history in battle. So ya girl I agree, there are also alot of men who are all talk and no go which leads alot to believe that they think they are tougher, in reality all it is is talk.

heres a clip of the women who serve in the IDF amongst the awsome men of the forces:

YouTube - IDF Israel female soldiers

Last edited by okie333; 10-24-2008 at 02:48 AM..

Old 10-24-2008, 02:20 AM

LOL, right all of us who don't want kids don't appreciate the not-at-all-miraculous feat of having sex and getting a kid, which every species on earth can do and isn't at all remarkable. It's just biology. It's actually quite simple compared to numerous other things our bodies do on a daily basis.

And, uhh, yeah, GIRL POWER! WHOOO

Old 10-24-2008, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
LOL, right all of us who don't want kids don't appreciate the not-at-all-miraculous feat of having sex and getting a kid, which every species on earth can do and isn't at all remarkable. It's just biology. It's actually quite simple compared to numerous other things our bodies do on a daily basis.

And, uhh, yeah, GIRL POWER! WHOOO
Your right! it is a miraculous thing that should be appreciated. Its one of natures great abilities. Oh and you don't have to want kids to appriciate it.

girl power???? uh.... yea whatever u say bro. lol

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 10-24-2008 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: Removed rude comment...

Old 10-24-2008, 04:33 AM

4,789 posts, read 14,741,459 times
Yeah, I envy female sexuality, and when my neighbors or roomates have sex - it's always the women screaming as if they have so much more pleasure - way more than the guy.

I dread childbirth, and I am amazed how distorted the female body gets in a multiple childbirth. Biggest fear I'd have if I was a woman.

Kids too expensive for me. I leave that to my brother with 2 kids and his $125,000 salary to continue the family. I'd only afford kids if my wife made $45,000+ and had a good career. Its rough when the kids are 1 to 5 and the wife has to stay home to care of them and only the man brings home the bacon.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Haha, guys can multi-task extremely well too. I don't consider talking on the phone and driving a good multi-task ability

Guys have gone through a lot more pain historically than girls, let's be honest here, how many guys have died of hideous battle wounds or survived hideous battle wounds? It's child birth, it's not having a spear thrown through your leg or a bullet shot into your guts or something.

And thank god we don't have to have kids, man that would suck.
LMAO battle wounds only happen to men, lol. wow you sure opened up my eyes! I bet you have fought and physically worked to the bone all your life huh, writing those books in school and selling golf balls was tough wasn't it. lol good luck in life

Last edited by okie333; 10-24-2008 at 05:14 AM..

Old 10-24-2008, 05:07 PM

391 posts, read 872,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Im sorry this happened to you. I'd take your place in this regard, if possible, as I have no use for my reproductive ablities. 'Tis a shame they cannot be given to someone that would.

People that want children should be able to have them.

Thank you that was a nice response. As much as I would love more kids now it would not be fair to them. Now I Just get to be grandma.

Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM

391 posts, read 872,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Well, the OP is pretty silly. Is this a joke?

If not, I would have to say the only thing I don't like about being female is having a monthly cycle. For someone who likes to spend time in the wilderness and live rough, it's an extreme setback. If I could afford a hysterectomy, I'd do it in a second.

A dreary, lonely life if you're not pretty? That's some illusion of Hollywood and the media scam talking there. I think we can all agree that personality is really what makes a person - male or female. I am certainly no model, but I had no shortage of dates when I was younger.

Speaking globally, I think being a woman is a curse in many areas of the world where women are treated as property and abused from birth to death. I can only wish that this way of thinking will someday fade away into history books.
A hysterectomy is an awful way to be done with your moon cycle. I know they suck. I remember all to well. I had PMDD premenstral dysphoric dysfunction. All of the pain. OMG it was horrid. I like the no moon from the hysterectomy but the side effects of not having those organs is not worth it to me. They suck too.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:26 PM

2,657 posts, read 8,030,446 times

As to the person who made the <snark> about multi-tasking ... well, let's see: I have a load of clothes in the dryer, another one in the washer. I put a lasagna in the oven and while it was baking I washed the dog. Right now she's on my lap getting a brisk towel dry while I read this board. By the time that's done, the lasagna will be ready to take out and left on the counter to cool and I'll be folding clothes from the dryer while the ones that were in the washer are rotating in the dryer and another load is being washed. Oh, and I'm also jotting down things for a grocery list as I think of them.

Now, what did you say about multi-tasking?

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 10-24-2008 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: removed orphaned quote...

Old 10-24-2008, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie333 View Post
LMAO battle wounds only happen to men, lol. wow you sure opened up my eyes! I bet you have fought and physically worked to the bone all your life huh, writing those books in school and selling golf balls was tough wasn't it. lol good luck in life
Have you ever been in fights? I've sparred hundreds of times, often with third degree black belts, and pads or not you can get hurt pretty bad. So yeah, I have some experience with pain. It's not a big deal, if you just don't act like such a GIRL about it.

I've heard this about girls "multitasking" all of the time, I have no idea what is implied by this? Both genders can multitask just fine. I've never seen any evidence to the contrary. My mom always had a million things going on at a time. I'm a director, and most directors are male, we do PLENTY of multitasking as well. On a film set, it's not uncommon to have to answer questions from 5-6 people in a period of 10 minutes while you're having a few different discussions, one with your lead actor, another with your DP, and answering questions from the makeup artist or wardrobe person about what you want for the scene, often while giving instructions to the production designer as well. Everyone multitasks. You can't succeed in life without it.

PS: Breeder bingo, OH MY GOD! THAT IS THE GREATEST THING EVER! I am going to save that and print that, hahahahaha. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships