Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 07:47 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,853,425 times

Advertisements

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I`m sorry your heart is broken.
At least you can pin point your weakness, and that is by talking to him.
I wouldn`t let it happen. Continue down the path of healing, and moving on. I wouldn`t let him bring you down anymore. This is what he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 07:48 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,013,754 times
Hang up on him as if he's a telemarketer.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:53 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,125,162 times
I think you've done really well, lovehurts, by avoiding him for the past few months. That takes so much strength. If I were you, I don't think I would allow him back into my life. I don't think I'd allow myself to speak to him until I feel that I'm completely healed and I don't have any romantic feelings at all any longer. Otherwise, I think there's too much of a risk of going back to square one. That's just my take on it.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:53 PM

That isn't kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
Hang up on him as if he's a telemarketer.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:59 PM

24,834 posts, read 37,248,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
That isn't kind.
Very true!!! Change your phone number.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:01 PM

1,461 posts, read 3,644,981 times
If this was someone you were really interested in then why not give it another try? Give men the chance to be stupid once in awhile. I sure would not have sex with him unless the relationship starts again and he shows sincere interest in you. I would sure want to understand why the relationship ended and why now does he want to talk. If he said he missed you while you were apart, or there were questions in his mind about the relationship, then you might need to listen.
No one is perfect and understanding relationships and feelings is really hard.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:01 PM

He isn't a serial killer. Just tell him not to call anymore. Stop being so paranoid!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Very true!!! Change your phone number.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:15 PM

461 posts, read 1,447,389 times
I did this with my first "love", I'd start feeling better then run into him or he'd call. After a few months I realized that every time this happened we'd end up in bed then he'd be fine for a week or so and it would suck all over again. The first time I said no to him when I ran into him (why couldn't have been over the phone??) I cried after. It got easier every time I said no to him after that, I started dating again and I was saying "nope, I have a b/f" all sassy when he called. I actually found it empowering after the first 3 or 4 really painful times. I think I kept focusing on the great things about him at first, but when I kept the bad times in mind it was pretty easy to blow him off!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:54 PM

1,009 posts, read 705,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
If this was someone you were really interested in then why not give it another try? Give men the chance to be stupid once in awhile. I sure would not have sex with him unless the relationship starts again and he shows sincere interest in you. I would sure want to understand why the relationship ended and why now does he want to talk. If he said he missed you while you were apart, or there were questions in his mind about the relationship, then you might need to listen.
No one is perfect and understanding relationships and feelings is really hard.
I agree with Driftwood, how was your relationship with this guy? Were you dating long? Was it getting serious? I believe in giving people a second chance, after all no one is perfect. If you feel deep down in your heart that he is a guy that is worth giving a chance. Go for it! Like driftwood said don't give him any sex. He has had time to think about you and what you both had. Who knows maybe he sincerely is ready to give it a shot... I don't know the details and how old you both are.

It seems like you were in love with him and now the choice is yours do you meet to hear him out , or do you move on. Ask yourself would you like some sort of closure. I believe in destiny what is meant to be will be.. Go with your gut it never lets you down.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 PM

64 posts, read 129,021 times
You are not the same two people anymore. You have both gone on. Leave your past selves in the past. NO MORE HURT - if you think that way.
Been there....done that. I weep for you ;but so admire your strength.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships