Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:39 AM

291 posts, read 611,082 times

Advertisements

ok guys, well i figured that sitting around and sulking about that other girl was not going to get me anywhere, so i went to a bar this saturday and i met this girl that i really liked. We began talking, and after a while i told her that i had to go but i gave her my number and asked her to call me sometime if she gets the time.
So i figured that i need to change my approach to things this time and try to make her chase me. What is the best ways to make a girl chase you without beeing mean about it? how can i create an elusiveness? how can i create mystery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:47 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Someone once told me that the person that held back in the relationship, the one who wore their heart on their sleeve at a lesser extent, the one who called less, etc, was the one with the power in the relationship as well.

I don't play power games, but I was always the more aloof generally, and I found it to be true.

But seriously, if you have to ask, then I don't know. Just be yourself. Yourself with some restraint. Don't hound, don't call to much, be too eager or too desparate. Pace yourself and only show feelings when they are truly there, not just if its lust or the excitability of something new.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:52 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,400,159 times
If you really wanna get a girl, talk to her, dont push things, if she comes to you it was meant to be. Dont talk so much about how badly you want to hook up with someone. Definately dont be so clingy!
Call her once, if she chooses to talk, she will. If not, dont hold your breath waiting for her to call. She will find the time to talk if she really wants to. Remember, clubs arent the only place one can meet.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:52 AM

i have to ask because i dont have any experience as trying to make them chase me. i usually make the first moves.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,738 times
Get married.

I've had more women approach me since I've been married than I ever did single. I guess we wear a look of desperacy when we're single that disappears once we're married. Wish I had mastered that look years ago, whatever it is!!! lol

Old 11-03-2008, 07:00 AM

the only problem is that i didnt get her number because i did not want to do any of the chasing for once.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:03 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Man, don't play games with someone's hearts. Why? Because if you do, you end up with a game player yourself. What's more, if you're that inexperienced at it, it's way too late for you to start now.

Now, as somebody said earlier, there's a big difference between not looking too eager and playing hard to get. Women get to play hard to get. Men, unless they look like George Clooney or are sitting on massive bags of cash, generally can't pull it off.

Just be yourself. Because, chances are, she threw your number away. So now you won't get to see her again because you played it cool.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
If you have no way of calling her then you can't do the chasing can you! That's smart. She will have to call if she wants to get together. I don't know, I have friends who intentionally don't answer the phone when guys call, even if they're not busy, to make the guy chase around a bit. Then they call them later. Say, sorry I was busy, but not say what they were doing. Maybe they were on a date, maybe not. But I'm more about being open and honest. I say, if you want her to chase, let her call you, but don't play games.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
Well, I will never "chase" a guy again, so good luck in your situation. The last boyfriend I had, I was madly in love with, but he broke it off and one reason he gave me was that he felt "pursued". I didn't call all that much, or take up a lot of his time, but I planned a nice dinner for the two of us and that was the last straw for him. Strange? I don't know but I'd been out of the country for five months and didn't think taking him out for a romantic dinner was stepping over the line. Guess I was wrong.

Soooo, next time I will play by "the rules" and let the guy do all the chasing and see what happens. I have never dated a guy who liked being chased and I've finally been hit over the head enough with that fact to change my behavior next time.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:08 AM

i dont want to play games, but it sounds intriguing to create an elusiveness and mystery. how do you do that? and what are some ways where you can actually make her chase you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships