Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:10 PM

333 posts, read 999,362 times

Advertisements

Ok.. here is the deal.

I'm in a rut. I need to get out. I haven't dated in the last two years, and to say the least, it is getting old.

First, lets cover the basics.

Physical: African American - 5'9 still attrative - don't look my age. I do need to lose some weight and am working on it. I'm in the gym 4 to 5 days a week - can run between 3 and 5 miles a day and still bench 225+

Marital Status: Divorced - 2 kids, 17 and 13. I know what your thinking, but my kids are very good - not crazy teenagers running around.

Career: I'm a software engineer, making good money.

Home: 5 bed room single family, 2 car garage, yada, yada, yada

Personality: I'm shy at first but warm up quickly. I have a quick wit and sharp mind. I'm comfortable with most topics of conversation. I do tend to think a lot and have a tendency to over analyise. But if your up for an intellectual challenge I'm your guy.

Other: I love to cook, I play music (bass, guitar and drums) and am very romantic - holding hands, long walks, that sort of thing.

So what's the problem? I can't seem find anyone to date. I've seen threads on this forum where women are saying that there are no good men other, yet I'm having a hard time finding someone I like to talk to, date and more.

What am I looking for? Well, I'm looking for an Asian or latin female between say 35 and 45 that will date an african american. Must be in the DC/MD/VA area - sorry, not interested in long distance.

As for physical characteristics: someone that is easy on the eyes, is slender to average, etc... (Any filipina's out there - I love the pinay look)

Any suggestions on where to go, what to do, where to look?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 09:38 PM

14 posts, read 37,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post

[url=http://www.okcupid.com]OkCupid.com: : Free Online Dating, Online Dating, Dating, Dating Services, Free Dating Services[/url] might be okay... but forget the internet more or less, just live your life and be social. Try some dancing classes.

A lot of women that are 40+ are looking for men.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:48 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,100,717 times
Why not get someone to do the work for you? Employ a matchmaker.
I just Googled matchmaker New Orleans; came up with several possibilities.
A matchmaker eliminates the 80% of women you DON'T want to spend your energy trying to talk with, and concentrates on finding the ones who really could enjoy you and whom you really could enjoy. Worth an interview? I've never tried that, but I do like the idea.
And there are also eharmony dot com, and match dot com, etc.

Old 07-28-2008, 09:57 PM

The question is WHERE to be social. I've done the club thing in DC and am just not into it. I've been on a quest to find my niche for a while with no luck.

I have met some nice people online but most are not in this area.

As for a match maker... hmmm.. not sure if that is my style.

I'd like to hear from the women out there.. what do you guys (ladies) think?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:11 PM

14 posts, read 37,114 times
Quote:
I'd like to hear from the women out there..
Dude this is your problem... You're asking women online instead of in person.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:50 PM
miu

17,767 posts, read 40,161,054 times
What about taking a foreign language course? Learn an Asian language or Spanish. Or take some ethnic cooking classes. Then go grocery shopping in the ethnic markets. I think that it would help to get acquainted with their cultures first. Don't just try approaching Asian and Latino women just based on their looks. I think that they would appreciate a man that really enjoys their culture too. Also women that are in the 35-45 age bracket aren't going to be found in clubs. Meeting them during daylight hours would be best imo. Boston has a successful dating service where their clients only meet for lunch.

And if you manage to begin a friendship with a woman under the pretext of having her help you learn a language, try to stick with that agenda and go slowly into more. On another board, there was a 44 year old white guy that got a phone number from a Chinese woman using the excuse that he needed help learning Chinese. So he calls her up and they spend the afternoon walking around a shopping mall and having lunch. Then he buys her a pair of shoes and before they part ways, he gives her a little toy dragon as a gift. Then he's surprised when she's too busy to date him again. My take on the situation was that she was willing to spend time with him to help him with his Chinese while he could help her with her English. But she wasn't initially attracted to him physically. On his part, he was hoping that her giving him his phone number meant that she was willing to date him. But he was wrong. Anyway, Asian women warm up slowly and aren't really into fairy tale romances. If you compliment their looks too much, they'll think you only want sex and you'll could scare them off. lol. So be a gentleman around them and act consistently in order for them to learn to trust you.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:58 PM

874 posts, read 3,679,244 times
Try AznBoi..

Old 07-28-2008, 11:32 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,126,723 times
Quote:
Ok.. here is the deal.

I'm in a rut. I need to get out. I haven't dated in the last two years, and to say the least, it is getting old.

First, lets cover the basics.

Physical: African American - 5'9 still attrative - don't look my age. I do need to lose some weight and am working on it. I'm in the gym 4 to 5 days a week - can run between 3 and 5 miles a day and still bench 225+

Marital Status: Divorced - 2 kids, 17 and 13. I know what your thinking, but my kids are very good - not crazy teenagers running around.

Career: I'm a software engineer, making good money.

Home: 5 bed room single family, 2 car garage, yada, yada, yada

Personality: I'm shy at first but warm up quickly. I have a quick wit and sharp mind. I'm comfortable with most topics of conversation. I do tend to think a lot and have a tendency to over analyise. But if your up for an intellectual challenge I'm your guy.

Other: I love to cook, I play music (bass, guitar and drums) and am very romantic - holding hands, long walks, that sort of thing.

So what's the problem? I can't seem find anyone to date. I've seen threads on this forum where women are saying that there are no good men other, yet I'm having a hard time finding someone I like to talk to, date and more.

What am I looking for? Well, I'm looking for an Asian or latin female between say 35 and 45 that will date an african american. Must be in the DC/MD/VA area - sorry, not interested in long distance.

As for physical characteristics: someone that is easy on the eyes, is slender to average, etc... (Any filipina's out there - I love the pinay look)

So go to Manila and bring a pinay girl back with you! Silly.

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-29-2008, 06:08 AM

re. Manila... Actually I have a really good friend that is a Filippa. I'm planning to go to her family reunion in the PI next year.

Still I'm looking for someone already here.

And, yes I've met her friends, family and cowokers, still no spark, so I keep looking.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:10 AM

Hey Trish.. what is AznBoi?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships