Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Observations:
Cruel and unempathetic 20 30.77%
Takes and gets what wants at all/any costs 32 49.23%
capable of love although extremely selfish 27 41.54%
No redeeming qualities 7 10.77%
Strikes, wounds, and leaves without conscience 26 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 02:58 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Right you'd diagnose me with down syndrome or something
Nah. I may joke about a lot of things, but joking about those with special needs is not one of them. I won't even go near that ballpark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 04:16 PM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Well I once met a women who had reality manipulation powers given by Galactus and could fly.

She rocked my world until I had to go to the hospital for uncontrollable hallucinations

Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
If I ever do I'd probably kidnap him/her and make him/her teach me how to become one.
Like in Star Wars, every Sith Lord must have an apprentice, so should master manipulators.
Well, kidnap (or is it catnip?) me then Mr. Fuzzy Kitty Bear, and I'll teach you everything the sith master knows!!!

Old 11-29-2008, 05:11 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrouchTigerHiddenDog View Post
Share your stories and observations!
My Mother and My Ex Wife.

"Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice."

I always thought our meeting was hapstance, it wasn't, it was arranged. I was kinda stunned and liked her initial reaction to seeing me, she acted like Elvis(me) just walked in the room and she had his posters plastered all over her room of him. A young man doesn't question a beautiful girl being that "into him" he just goes with it. In reflection it's not a normal reaction. My mom frequanted the place, she knew her sister. My mom hated my girlfriend(she had kids) and we were getting close. She probably talked to Lucy about it and Lucy said "he should meet my sister", they probably prepped her possibly even a PHOTO, add anticipation, build up, and some prior knowledge of likes and dislikes and my good attributes and then you might get a girl going all ga-ga when the guy enters the room.

When I first brought her over to our place my mom suggested she spend the night! My prudish, ultra conservative, religious "you can't have girls over" mom ENCOURAGES me to let her "stay". Again you're 22, you just met a smoking hot red head whose all acting like a groupie, and your mom says hey she doesn't have to go home...you don't start arguing principles!

I didn't ask her to move in with me, she got me to accept her needing to move in. After spend the weekend over about 4 times she was being thrown out by her brother-in-law and needed a place to stay sort of "will you be my hero"(eyelashs batting)

About a week later my Livia Soprano mom has a "sit down" with me. "Pat you have a girl living here, you need to be respectful and let the other girl know she cannot call here"

It was shortly suggested I ask this girl to marry me, since everything was working out so wonderfully.

Years later, we'd be out and I'd pay for something in front of friends or whatever and lets say a friends wife said you've got him trained, or ask if she always left her money home, she would always coyly say "His mother taught me well"

She also said things like "First impresssions mean a lot" She was always acting like everbodies best friend in front of them, and refering to them in the most despicable ways behind their backs. Even like Darth Vader does against the emperor, to Luke.

I'm not really sure how you could have convinced a young man all this NOW realized manipulation was a bad thing back then. Except to warn any out there, once somebody feels they can manipulate you, even if at first they felt it was for your good, like I'm sure my mom did. They will justify using it over and over and losing more and more respect for you. Find out about this stuff and guard against it.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:22 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
I've, actually, known more than one. One justifies everything he does. He's even used religion (as in God wants him to succeed so God wants him to do X, Y or Z which isn't exactly ethical) as an excuse. The other simply lacks a conscience. He's not mean. Just doesn't feel bad about hurting others to get his way. No guilt about anything.

Old 11-29-2008, 05:24 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
talks about needs non stop but never never asks direct to have them met. waits for you to do that.
then later its i never asked you to help me.

Old 11-29-2008, 06:20 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,683,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
talks about needs non stop but never never asks direct to have them met. waits for you to do that.
then later its i never asked you to help me.
Oh, that's a good one. That's a trick of theirs that isn't noticeable until after the fact. My psycho ex did that to me... and the woman he was living with at the time, unbeknownst to either of us. We both stupidly ended up supporting him financially, the lazy bum.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 PM

324 posts, read 862,699 times
Reading that makes me think I may have " a little sociopath" inside of me....

Old 11-29-2008, 07:23 PM

12,973 posts, read 3,224,463 times
Ummmmm.....I've been called one before! "smirk"

Old 11-29-2008, 07:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
be sure to treat your little friend well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankygf View Post
Reading that makes me think I may have " a little sociopath" inside of me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships