Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
Did that work for you?

That's what I did last week when he wrote. I didn't write back and today at work I said I was "busy" all last weekend, running a 5K and volunteering at the marathon. I don't have excuses for this weekend other than I've been out the last two weekends and am really looking forward to having this weekend to myself.

I was actually surprised when he wrote again tonite.

Can I just keep coming up with excuses and hope he takes the hint? I don't want to make the guy feel bad, he's nice enough but just not my type, even for friendship. We have zero in common except for both being new in town.
As I said in my other post, men do not understand this. You need to be direct with them!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 11:39 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
OK, well I'll talk to him tomorrow and let him know my boundaries.
Boundaries is the key word. I'd spell it out clear as the blue sky, Sorry I don't get involved with co workers or other professionals in my industry(cuts him out in case he changes to a different company), I don't involve my business relationships with my personal relationships.

I dated gals from work at my old job for years. Not my preference as everyone knows your business. One of my lady friends has a saying "don't get your sex where you get your checks".

Old 11-20-2008, 12:21 AM

591 posts, read 1,415,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Perhaps you should tell him that it is your policy not to date coworkers...that is professional and polite at the same time!
I think this is excellent advice. If you keep making excuses in a sense he may think you are interested. So I'd just be honest and upfront and tell him thank you but no thank you..

Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,645,493 times
I agree with honesty being the best policy. If you pull the "I don't date co-workers" card, then what if he quits or gets fired? Then what excuse can you use? The best way to handle it is to just say that you are flattered but not interested.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:56 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
its ok to hang out with your co workers. but i guess it depends on the environment. is it cut throat, where you are an idiot to trust your colleagues? or is it a laid back place where you dont have to worry about being stabbed in the back.

if its the latter, go ahead and hang out. why not?

but be clear that you dont "date" co workers. it wont be romantical.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:25 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
if its the latter, go ahead and hang out. why not?
Because she already specified she had zero interest in the guy in any capacity.

Old 11-20-2008, 06:27 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Just blow him off on there and skate around it when you're in person...it's what happened to me
Now, when you say "blow him off", what exactly do you mean???

Old 11-20-2008, 06:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Does he mean "blow him off" in a friends with benefits kind of way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Now, when you say "blow him off", what exactly do you mean???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships