Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,738 times

Advertisements

I strongly disagree.

I had an affair with a married woman when I was in my early 20's. I wasn't in a relationship at the time we started, she was the married person. Regardless, that is something I STRONGLY regret and would never do again.

I have never cheated while I was in a relationship, though.

It's funny (ironic). Some people think that people can't change. But, right up until the point someone cheats, they were faithful, and then changed. So, it kinda two-edged. They changed from faithful to a cheater. Doesn't mean they can't change back. The same is true and is what is discussed more, though. People can cheat and go faithful, but they could resort to cheating again. Most people never look at it from the former example, just the latter.

For that reason, I think people make errors and can change. Once is a mistake, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 12:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,929 times
I'd say I disagree.

I don't like to generalize people and lump everyone into a category.

I think if someone makes a mistake and truly doesn't want to repeat that kind of mistake, they'll work on making themselves a better person. But, IMO, they want to have to change themselves. No one can come along and change them...

That gets kinda tricky in the wording. If a guy cheated and saw the damage it did and if he wanted to never be the reason for anyone hurting like that again, he'll work on changing himself. And perhaps one day he'll meet a girl that makes him want to be a better man for her... but it's still up to him to want that change. She can want it all she wants.... but the work on change is still his to do.

And vise-versa.

LOL... did that make any sense?!?!

Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I learned young and quickly that it was wrong to do my g/f's sisters!!!!! I'll never do that again. I swear!

Why? Was she not good in bed?
Oh no! Both of her sisters were GREAT in the sack. But my g/f had GREAT aim with that cast iron skillet! Can you say concussion?

Old 11-24-2008, 12:17 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
'Concussion' sounds better than, er, 'beheading.'

Old 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Disagree.

However, I think most normal adults are capable of cheating given the right time and right circumstances.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:21 PM

3,814 posts, read 6,785,580 times
Disagree.

People make mistakes, the mistakes should not define a person. You can usually tell when someone is learning from their past mistakes.

Old 11-24-2008, 12:27 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
'Concussion' sounds better than, er, 'beheading.'
And ya know? Why is it that according to my g/f, NONE of this was her sisters fault? They were quite willing to lay down!

Old 11-24-2008, 01:22 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,728 times
Cheating shows a lack of character at the time because the person chose to violate their relationship instead of dealing with it first.

If a person addresses their lack of character and becomes a better person, then they won't cheat again.

Generally though, it is very hard to change, and cheaters tend to repeat the same actions when they are faced with adversity in a relationship (and all relationships will have adversity).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships