Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 10:36 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times

Advertisements

I mean instances where you have struck up a friendship with a random stranger. I'll start with a friend of mine I met in Texas when he'd called my number by mistake but ended up having a long conversation after I recognised his last name on the caller ID. He was from the part of Africa as my dad and his last name was an anglo one which only a few people had and most were related. Turned out he was related to a childhood friend. We became great buddies. 10 years later we are still in contact.

Then there was the time I was new to Los Angeles and working in the classified ads dept of the Daily News (some 20 something years ago) when this guy with an incredibly sexy french accent called. He needed a room mate and at the time I was looking for somewhere to live. The ad never was placed and I moved in a week later.

I never dated either of these two .

just two for the mean time. Any one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 10:42 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
ready for a screwed up story??

i met two friends when i drove up from Tennessee to Pittsburgh to see my favorite band. this was about 8 months before i moved to Chicago. one was S, and she lived in Chicago. the other was E, and she was going to school in Pittsburgh, but was moving to Chicago after graduating.

i moved to Chicago and stayed in touch with E.
i ran into S at a show in Chicago and met her friend K, who is a guy.
K and I hung out for a while and always talked about this girl L that "it was weird with" and she was in Korea for a year teaching.

back in May, E said that she was moving in with her friend M and this other girl, L, who has the same name as the girl that K was batty over. turns out that my friend E was moving in with THAT L.

now, basically I'm friends with E and L, but don't see S very often... and L basically said that K was full of crap and she was never in love with him.
we don't exactly talk to him anymore.

did that make any sense?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
I met someone at a child support court house.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:45 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Did they have kittens?

Old 11-25-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Running with the court theme, I met someone at a parole office, it's a long story and not as bad as it sounds. Honestly.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
ready for a screwed up story??

i met two friends when i drove up from Tennessee to Pittsburgh to see my favorite band. this was about 8 months before i moved to Chicago. one was S, and she lived in Chicago. the other was E, and she was going to school in Pittsburgh, but was moving to Chicago after graduating.

i moved to Chicago and stayed in touch with E.
i ran into S at a show in Chicago and met her friend K, who is a guy.
K and I hung out for a while and always talked about this girl L that "it was weird with" and she was in Korea for a year teaching.

back in May, E said that she was moving in with her friend M and this other girl, L, who has the same name as the girl that K was batty over. turns out that my friend E was moving in with THAT L.

now, basically I'm friends with E and L, but don't see S very often... and L basically said that K was full of crap and she was never in love with him.
we don't exactly talk to him anymore.

did that make any sense?
I was never good with alphabets

Old 11-25-2008, 10:49 AM

I meet people everywhere all the time. I'm like a damn fart in a windstorm. For example, I'll be competing this weekend at California Star Ball and I'll see all my old pals from other studios and areas, but I'll come away from there with more friends! I love it!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:51 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
I was fishing from the pier in Cayucos California one afternoon when a young lady and a little boy came and stood near me. The little boy got SO excited each time I pulled a fish out of the water! He must have been about 4 years old. I asked the young lady, who turned out to be a young widow, if it would be okay if the little boy fished. She said "of course." So for the next 3 hours I taught the little boy how to fish. As they turned to leave, she handed me a piece of paper with her phone # on it and looked me right in the eye and said "please, please call me tonight." I hadnt remarried yet so i called her. She invited me over so she could make dinner for me. After dinner and after putting the little boy to bed she said that she had never met a man who was as patient as i was with kids and she wanted to give me a special thank you. In bed she asked that I be patient with her as I was her first lover since her husband died. I'm glad I could help!

Old 11-25-2008, 10:56 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,231,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I was never good with alphabets
hehe i didn't want to put everybody's names down.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I was fishing from the pier in Cayucos California one afternoon when a young lady and a little boy came and stood near me. The little boy got SO excited each time I pulled a fish out of the water! He must have been about 4 years old. I asked the young lady, who turned out to be a young widow, if it would be okay if the little boy fished. She said "of course." So for the next 3 hours I taught the little boy how to fish. As they turned to leave, she handed me a piece of paper with her phone # on it and looked me right in the eye and said "please, please call me tonight." I hadnt remarried yet so i called her. She invited me over so she could make dinner for me. After dinner and after putting the little boy to bed she said that she had never met a man who was as patient as i was with kids and she wanted to give me a special thank you. In bed she asked that I be patient with her as I was her first lover since her husband died. I'm glad I could help!
Was this the same day/night as the fishing lesson???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships