Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times

Advertisements

Some of the posters say they wouldn't pay no mind to it. Maybe it is just me. I had actually got in confrontations, really bad ones for an undeserved attitudes towards me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Well I do! And I want everyone to believe I'm a genius and better than "normal" people, so nanny booboo to you too!
It's an alien ambush!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:38 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
it depends. in chicago, on the el or walking the streets you are bound to run into someone with a bad attitude like at least 5 times a day. you just have to see them for them and realize they are simply having a bad day or just really are miserable. you can't let them being miserable with life rub off on you even though they want it to because they want to bring others down like they are. you just have to hold your head high and continue to do your thing while trying to stay clear of those bad attitude types.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:40 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
it depends. in chicago, on the el or walking the streets you are bound to run into someone with a bad attitude like at least 5 times a day. you just have to see them for them and realize they are simply having a bad day or just really are miserable. you can't let them being miserable with life rub off on you even though they want it to because they want to bring others down like they are. you just have to hold your head high and continue to do your thing while trying to stay clear of those bad attitude types.
Good point. In the South, if you give somebody attitude, you're likely to cause serious offense. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Politeness counts for something down here. No, you don't have to be sweetness and light, but being unpleasant to somebody is just inexcusable.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:43 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Good point. In the South, if you give somebody attitude, you're likely to cause serious offense. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Politeness counts for something down here. No, you don't have to be sweetness and light, but being unpleasant to somebody is just inexcusable.
and that is why i am moving to oxford very soon!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Some of the posters say they wouldn't pay no mind to it. Maybe it is just me. I had actually got in confrontations, really bad ones for an undeserved attitudes towards me.
I have to admit, I have stepped away from a situation here at work where a person from another department, with whom I had to collaborate to perform a project, got out of hand. She had come to my desk, was barking orders and commands, and invading my personal space "buffer zone". I stood up out of my chair (I am taller than her by about 1 foot), told her "I refuse to work in such a hostile environment" and said I have no choice but to step away from my desk and find someone else to deal with her demands.

For several months, whenever she saw me in the hallways she would shoot daggers at me from her eyes. Nowadays, she's calmed down a lot and actually smiles at me. I think it is basically what you let people get away with. Most importantly, don't start mirroring their behavior. That p*sses them off even more, when they can't get you to sink to their level. Just stand your ground diplomatically. It doesn't matter how right you are if you are bellowing your case - everyone will think you're the a-hole regardless of the content, because no one like to be reviled.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Being serious here - I don't let anyone's foul mood affect the way I'm going to feel. I am in the mood I'm in and you aren't going to change it. I like to think I'm in control of my own emotions.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:45 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,264,921 times
Give them "the look" and wait for their blush to flush an embarassment hit before any words come out of my mouth.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:53 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
lol I was going to say I see an "attitude" for no reason sometimes every other day or at least it seems that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
This happens every day at work. I ignore it.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:53 PM

19 posts, read 55,467 times
It depends on the situation. Most of the time I would probably take the high road and just ignore it, or kill them with kindness. If it's a reoccurring situation I might have to say something to them like - I don't see why you always feel the need to be so rude...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships