Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 PM

1,278 posts, read 4,101,940 times

Advertisements

see you just became a member with that post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 09:23 PM

467 posts, read 1,685,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
I've never seen it so bad in NY as it is these days.

Maybe there might be more single women than men in NY but women are so picky in this town that they've got most of us plainer men ready to accept anyone just as long as she's a woman.

Are women really happier this way? Hint to NY ladies: There's plenty of us lonely guys around, be much less selective on looks and you'll get a good man.
I'm not picky, and looks aren't the most important thing, but you need to have an attraction.

I'm back in the single world pretty recently, and whether there are more men or women, dating is still fun,exciting, and difficult!!! And desperation doesn't help. I think you need to be happy with yourself and be able to be on your own without needing someone else..that will help attract others. Ya know what I'm saying?

Best of luck to you though, and sorry to hear you are lonely..

Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 PM

27 posts, read 70,537 times
To me it seems that in most urban areas, women outnumber men. I think there was even an article that I was reading one time about it. But New York City is one of the higher imbalances, especially with over 8 million people there!

Old 12-03-2008, 09:47 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,341,285 times
^^^

Women have to come to urban centers in order to prove themselves in a man's world

Men can stay out in the rural areas doing labor that women cannot do

And since modern society likes to groom females into thinking they are equal to males, they have no choice but to flock to cities

Men on the other hand do not have that kind of push/pull force acting on them, so more of them will stay away

Old 12-03-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
^^^

Women have to come to urban centers in order to prove themselves in a man's world

Men can stay out in the rural areas doing labor that women cannot do

And since modern society likes to groom females into thinking they are equal to males, they have no choice but to flock to cities

Men on the other hand do not have that kind of push/pull force acting on them, so more of them will stay away

Women do not have to come to a city to prove anything.......They come to the city for the same reasons men do.

and what does "thinking they are equal" mean, we are equal!

Old 12-03-2008, 10:15 PM
Riv

236 posts, read 604,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jax78 View Post
I'm not picky, and looks aren't the most important thing, but you need to have an attraction.

I'm back in the single world pretty recently, and whether there are more men or women, dating is still fun,exciting, and difficult!!! And desperation doesn't help. I think you need to be happy with yourself and be able to be on your own without needing someone else..that will help attract others. Ya know what I'm saying?

Best of luck to you though, and sorry to hear you are lonely..
Then be attracted to plain looking men and you will easily find the good man to marry that you want.

Don't be afraid of a person who is desperate, desperation is like hunger; its a temporary thing easily cured.

I'd love to marry a plain looking, desperate woman and I follow my own advice but to answer the question posed by the OP, women in NY are so picky that it has made us plain men so desperate thus just about any woman is highly valued these days and thus many of us are alone.

Just my two cents on how a woman can find a good man.

Last edited by Riv; 12-03-2008 at 10:46 PM..

Old 12-03-2008, 10:18 PM

Let me rephrase last post, our brains are equal and thats why women come to the city, usually to work

Old 12-03-2008, 10:35 PM

391 posts, read 1,250,038 times
Thats a good statistic. Anyway, standards drop considerably with age. People settle. In fact i think the majority of marriages are a result of settling, the others get divorced. Just find someone you care about and are compatible with. People overcomplicate things.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
Then be attracted to plain looking men and you will easily find the good man to marry that you want.

Don't be afraid of a person who is desperate, desperation is like hunger; its a temporary thing easily cured.

Just my two cents on how a woman can find a good man.
I can't control who I am attracted to!!! I am not unrealistic, and for example, I don't say I will only date men who are 6 ft and up. But you can't force attraction/chemistry with another person, so you need that spark!! I can't make myself attracted to anyone. Of course, someone's personality can also make me more attracted to them.

I have had no problem finding a good man, and I'm not worried. Some women might be picky, or have unrealistic expectations, but that is not a problem with me. I was just commenting that you need some sort of attraction and YOU CAN'T FORCE THAT!!!! Who I am attracted to will be different than another woman...

My two cents are that desperation is not an appealing trait.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
Thats a good statistic. Anyway, standards drop considerably with age. People settle. In fact i think the majority of marriages are a result of settling, the others get divorced. Just find someone you care about and are compatible with. People overcomplicate things.
Gave you rep for that. Good point and so true. Too many people do settle out of fear. This is why I recently got of a relationship. Part of me felt like I was settling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships